Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 12/30/2012 8:21:00 PM

This moisturizer is of a very light gel-like consistency, as in the name, so if you're in need of a heavy duty moisturizer this isn't for you. This gel also has a slight cucumber/aloe fragrance to it. I find this to be a perfect summertime moisturizer as it's very light weight and sinks in quickly. It states to use it morning and night, but I only truly used it in the mornings since it's so light and so I can use a heavier cream at night. No problems as far as it causing breakouts and such.

on 12/30/2012 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product I loved. It made my skin feels really soft and mosterized like crazy. It woks to cool my skin and refresh it. Love it

on 12/29/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just about finished with my first jar of this product, and I will definitely be purchasing again!

Perfect for summertime, and wears great under makeup. A little light for winter dryness, though. I'll look forward to using this again in May!

This is a great light moisturizer! I have combination skin that is VERY sensitive and acne/milia prone, and I was a bit hesitant to try this product because I thought it would be too heavy. It actually delivers the perfect amount of moisture and doesn't irritate my skin whatsoever. I'm not sure if it would be moisturizing enough for someone with very dry skin but I would recommend it for those with combination skin like me and oily skin! Will repurchase.

Pros:
Nice gel consistency
Feels light and cooling on the skin
Doesn't irritate the face
Absorbs in seconds & works well under makeup
Relatively inexpensive

Cons:
No spf
Has a slight fragrance
Container is just a tub (some might find it unhygenic)

on 12/28/2012 9:56:00 AM

I have been battling a terrible breakout of whiteheads for the past 6 months. This has resulted in my skin being super sensitive and very dry from over-washing and from all of the products I was using to try to get rid of the acne. Every cream I used, whether for sensitive, acne-prone or combination skin, broke me out even worse and in some cases caused painful cysts to form. I saw this on sale at a local drug store and decided to try it since it was a gel and seemed less threatening. I have been using it with caution for the past month (only in the morning after I wash my face) and so far so good. It hasn't caused me to break out, the gel feels soothing against my sensitive skin (like Aloe Vera would) and it does not linger on your skin throughout the day meaning you don't get that greasy "dirty" feeling that makes you want to run to the washroom and scrub your face. You can wear it under makeup and it hydrates well. Since my skin has become super dry and flaky, I use Aveeno Baby Moisture Relief Cream for the very dry areas so keep in mind that those with VERY dry skin may need to use a backup as a spot treatment. The most important thing about this product is that it does not seem to clog pores causing more breakouts, which is a rare find. It doesn't do anything in terms of treating any sort of acne, but it does hydrate your skin and even out your complexion if used consistently.

on 12/9/2012 1:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this moisturizer! I bought the moisture rescue gel-cream for normal-combo skin and have been using it for a few months now.

Pros:
- Not a lot needed. I just dot it around my face and then massage it in.
- Instantly sinks into my skin leaving no residue. Does not break me out at all. Have even put it under my eyes and it does NOT cause milia (those little white chicken bumps).
- Has a cool feeling and a clean smell. I can easily see myself putting this in the fridge in the summer months and applying it cold. I adore the scent and the gel consistency feels so calming on my skin.
- Provides the moisture that I need after applying Strivectin which can be drying. And of course during the winter months when my skin is dry anyway, this does a good job of maintaining moisture.
- Is inexpensive. I think I paid close to $7.00 for this at Target for 1.7 oz. It's a good sized amount and I can see this lasting at least 6 months. I've already been using it for 2 months and am not even halfway through the jar.

Cons:
- You have to dip your fingers into the jar to apply. This is not something that bothers me that much but it may put off some people that prefer a pump or other method to dispense.

More pros than cons for me, so a definite buy again for me. :)

on 11/30/2012 12:30:00 PM

HG moisturizer for sure.

Every other facial moisturizer I use, and I have used a ton of different kinds, sits on top of my skin, makes it tacky, and/or rubs off in greasy, adipose bits especially along my jawline. GROSS. For a long time I used no moisturizer at all because so many of them were so nasty.

NOT this gel. It is GORGEOUS.

It is cool, silky, sinks right into my skin, NEVER leaves it feeling sticky or greasy, never leaves any residue. This is the only moisturizer I can use and my skin loves it!

It also smells lovely and I LOVE the jar packaging which makes it super easy to get just as much as I need without having to pump some stupid plastic squirt bottle.

I found a review of this from youtube. I needed a new moisturizer and thought I would try it out. I LOVE IT! I've had it for a week and I am absolutely considering this as my new HG moisturizer. My sister tried it as well and bought one for herself! I'm so glad I found this item. I'm a teenager in high school and I'm also Asian. My skin only gets super oily around my nose and around my cheek and forehead it only gets a little oily. I use this in the morning, after I shower and right before I go to bed. This item saved my skin. I love the scent- it smells like fresh cucumbers! And the gel consistency helps my skin soak up all the products. My skin is super acne prone and never feels smooth. Ever since I used this product, my skin has become a lot smoother and my makeup application is a lot better. A little tip is that I pat it on my cheeks, leaving a thin layer so my skin is able to soak up more when I sleep. In the morning my skin feels refreshed! I like the packaging. It's in a cute little tub. I just dip my fingers in it and i'm ready to go! I will buy this product again when I run out!

on 11/27/2012 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin is still recovering from the mess this stuff made. It broke me out in large, painful whiteheads, something I haven't experienced in a long time. My skin is combo-oily, sensitive, clog-prone. I was looking for a light moisturizer for the colder months and thought this would fit the bill, especially after reading so many positive reviews. It felt very nice going on, smooth and easy to spread. It had a light, tolerable fragrance. Sadly, it made my skin super oily throughout the day. No matter how little or how much I applied, I always ended up with an oily, zitty mess by the end of the day. I tried it for almost two weeks, but never could get it to cooperate with my skin. Back it goes!

on 11/24/2012 7:55:00 PM

I have combination skin, and I wanted a gel moisturizer, beacuse I don't particularly like the feel of white cream moisturizers with spf, the greasy kind that smells like sunscreen. I LOVE this! It takes the tiniest amount, and soaks into the skin with ease, and feels so cooling and refreshing. It has a faint smell, but is cucumbery and fresh, I love it! I bought this because I ran out of my clinique moisture surge moisturizer, the pink gel. This is the best dupe I've found, they're EXACTLY the same, with about a third of the price! Not at all greasy, refreshing, and moisturizing. Love this design, the packaging even look high-end and nice :) Definateley using this for a long, long time.

Popular Moisturizers