April 18, 2014 | 1267 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by alyyk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Continued...

...adds a natural glow. But no obvious shimmer is noticeable. It does sometimes emphasize my pores (even though my pores are very small). But this may be due to the lack of primer I have on my skin. I'm sure it can cover the pores beautifully if a primer is worn. A lot of liquid foundations can emphasize bumpy skin texture, but this disguises the texture beautifully and covers most of my bumps. Overall, it makes my skin appear very smooth and soft.

Ingredients:
This makeup is infused with a powerful serum of 5 advanced skincare ingredients:
Hyaluronic Acid: Prevents the signs of aging
Pro-Retinol A: Treats wrinkles, fine lines, increases turnover rate of skin cells, helps with acne
Pro-Xylane: Defends the skin against water loss, thus moisturizing it
Pro-Lastyl: Boosts elastin in skin, firming it
Vitamin C: Boosts collagin in skin, firming it. It also helps brighten the skin.
The other ingredients include:
Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Alumina, Polyethylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Acetyl Trifluoromethylphenyl Valylglycine, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polycaprolactone, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)
Unless you are directly allergic to any of the ingredients above, this foundation contains no harmful or comedegenic ingredients.

Cost:
The foundation is $17, which is quite expensive for a drugstore foundation. But since this beats plenty of the department store foundations, I would definitely repurchase without a thought. In drugstores, there are a lot more sales, so I constantly catch this foundation on buy 1 get 1 50% off or buy 1 get 1 free.

Packaging:
I love the packaging of this foundation as it is so hygienic. It is an airtight bottle, meaning that no air will come in, keeping the liquid's composition's integrity. There is also an easy-to-use pump. The thing I love about the pump is that not only is it ultra-hygienic, but it allows me to control how much of the product I wish to dispense. I am able to dispense 1/4th of a pump, 1/2 of a pump, 3/4th of a pump etc. Basically, as much as I want. With many other foundations, I am forced to use 1 full pump, which is more than I generally want. The foundation also has a sturdy plastic cap to keep the pump and foundation clean. The bottle is glass and the pump is plastic. Aesthetically, I love this foundation's simplistic yet effective design. There is 1 fluid ounce.

Misc:
This foundation has an SPF of 17.
I have been caught many times in the rain with this foundation without an umbrella or hat, and this foundation stayed put, so I believe that it is waterproof. However, it does come off easily if I use my face cleanser.

Conclusion:
I give this foundation an A+ and I highly recommend it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by sixtyfive

I really like the finish of this foundation and it had a decent coverage, however as i started wearing it more and more i started breaking out. overall this is a really good drugstore foundation but unfortunately its just not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

I'm not really sure how this is suggested to be for dry skin. No matter how well I moisturize, this foundation settles really badly in the areas surrounding my mouth. It cakes and forms little lines and looks awful. For the most part, it looks good everywhere else on my face when my skin is more normal/combo. It doesn't sit as well when its drier or has dry patches. I wouldn't say the finish is "natural" or "second skin" - mainly cause the caking around my mouth makes it obvious I'm wearing makeup. Staying power is eh - 4 hours or so on me. BUT, where it doesn't cake or accentuate my dryness, it does look quite nice and minimizes the appearance of my pores. Too many cons though to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 2/5
I bought this because I heard so many good reviews on it, but sadly... Im not that impressed :/ Im super picky with foundation, and I dont want to say its awful, but its not the best I have tried. It doesn't cover my acne very well, which is the main problem for me. I think I got a shade too light for my complexion. I might go back to the store and switch it for a shade darker, and maybe my opinion will change :)
Price: 3/5
Tax included, I payed around $16! A bit much if you ask me
Packaging: 5/5, gotta love the pump!
Would I buy this again: Maybe

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I loved the light finish this gave my mature skin. Saw no sparkles of glitter, and the colors are very natural. But this broke me out every day I wore it so cannot deny the correlation. Also even though it contains sunscreen, it cannot be relied on so I would have preferred if they left it out. Bottle and pump are great; price is average for drugstore now. My reaction is unfortunate.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlee

I REALLY like this foundation. I am 34 but have a very young appearance (people normally guess I am 10+ years younger than I am) with very minimal fine lines and aging of the skin. I don't really feel I need anti-aging products yet, esp in my foundation, but my 60 year old mother turned me onto it after she got so many compliments on her skin while wearing this foundation. Below are my Pros & Cons:

Pros-
- Great coverage, natural looking and not cakey
- Pump is hygienic
- Price is reasonable
- SPF of 17
- Gives a soft airbrushed effect, not overly matte or dewey
- Does NOT break my sensitive/combination skin out

Cons-
- Pump doesn't get all of the product and I end up having to scrape it out of the bottle with a q-tip
- color is not listed on the bottle anywhere so if you loose the cap like I did while traveling, you are outta luck when repurchasing! I even took the UPC number to the store to match up and mine did not match! Grrrr!

All in all, I really like this foundation. Not quite HG but almost!! I will for sure repurchase as soon as I figure out what color I need! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MissTish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing, blends soooo smoothly and look and feels great on the skin, not heavy at all. Coverage is good too, very creamy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. I just love it. I am very pale and sensitive-skinned, and I have so much trouble find makeup that matches my complexion and doesn't irritate it horribly. My skin is mostly clear but I usually have some blotchy redness and a little bit of melasma/pigmentation so while I don't need anything super heavy, I do like something with decent coverage. I almost always use powder foundations as they seem to be faster to apply and easier to match, with less irritation, but as I've entered my 20s I've noticed my skin is getting drier than it used to be and powder is making my skin feel tight and look sort of dull. So, on a whim I bought this to see if I would like this. Even though it says age-reversing, I figured something moisturizing would be best for me.

Now, I should also mention that anytime I've tried or sampled liquid foundation, I've absolutely hated the way it looked on my skin. I've sampled Prescriptives, Bobbi Brown, Clinique.... all reputable brands and above-average makeup. But I immediately washed them off my skin because they just looked cakey and off. So, it's a huge, pleasant surprise to me how much I like this.

The colors are mostly yellow-based but not intensely so. I use the lightest shade, 143, and it blends seamlessly with my fair skin. I'm not exactly warm-toned, but my skin has some yellow to it, so it welcomed something slightly yellow, rather than the dreaded pink or orange that most foundations seem to skew towards. The shades appear very natural, although they don't have a huge range of them (but that's something that most companies fail at)- but the makeup blends so beautifully that I think it would be forgiving enough that the match wouldn't need to be perfect.

I apply it with my fingers as that seems the most hygenic, and the most convenient way to do it. But I've also tried used a stipple brush- and the effect was FLAWLESS. Just incredible, matte, flawless skin. As moisturizing and smooth as this is, it does also look fairly matte on the skin, so that's something to consider.

The coverage is surprisingly opaque, as well. Just a tiny pump is enough to cover most of my face, and I was really impressed with how much it masked my redness and mild melasma. If you want sheerer coverage, you can always mix it with moisturizer. I tried that and it looked great too, but a little more natural if that's the look you prefer. It's also layerable if you put it on, and then afterwards decide you'd like some more coverage. I wouldn't expect it to cover major pigmentation issues or cystic acne, but concealer could easily be layered over it for trouble spots.

Also, it has sunscreen, but that hasn't irritated my skin at all. In fact, my skin seems to love it, and it almost looks clearer now than before I started using it. It has a tiny bit of retinol in it, I believe, and it does seem like the texture/clarity of my skin has improved.

In short, this stuff is amazing!! Try it! Also, it seems like a little goes a long way, so for $13.29, it ends up being a great deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

this stuff is amazing!it lasts all day and it even has retinol a which is good for acne!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I saw this foundation at the store over a month ago and for some reason I was very intrigued by it. The thing that caught my eye was the packaging. The fact that it had a pump and the blue details on the bottle. I liked that it has a serum in it because I use a serum before putting on my foundation already.
I didn't buy it then but came home and read reviews on here. Most of the people who reviewed this were over 35, but I'm only 25 and have no signs of aging. I finally decided to buy this anyway because I had high hopes that it would be a moisturizing foundation that felt good on my skin.
Before this, I have used three other foundations: L'Oréal True Match, Maybelline Fit Me, and Korres Ginger and Vitamins. I like them all for different reasons, but I think this one is all three of these in one. I love how glowy it makes my skin look and it feels great, makes my skin soft and wears all day long. My only apprehension about buying this was the price, it is $15 at most stores and that is kind of high for a drugstore foundation. But I finally decided that I had wanted it really badly for long enough, so I was going to buy it.... and when I found it at Target I was pleasantly surprised to see it for $13.29.
I also read that a lot of people couldn't find their shade, I didn't have that problem at all. I feel like it matches my olive skin perfectly and blends really nicely and doesn't oxidize later or look blotchy as some foundations do. I highly recommend this even if you are young it is such a nice foundation and just makes your skin look really healthy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No