Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 5/21/2013 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really don't know why there is such hype on this product. It is such a gooey wet mess. The formula is really wet and I have to actually wipe product off of the wand to actually apply it on my lashes to prevent losing the curl. I find the wand huge for my tiny sparse lashes. I don't know I'm still on the hunt for the best mascara...

on 5/19/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The drugstore was having a sale for Maybelline products so I randomly picked this baby up as I needed a new mascara and it is has a purple packaging and I'm a sucker for anything purple. I live in Singapore where it is crazy hot and humid all year round and I'm currently loving it as it doesn't smudge on me like other mascaras do but it does clump and flake a little. It gives volume, some length and is waterproof and I would say sweatproof too so it's perfect for summer. I've heard great things about the Rocket Volum' Express so after I finish this tube I'll probably try that one out but if I don't like the Rocket I'll definitely come back to this one.

on 5/19/2013 8:20:00 AM

Personally, I find mascara to always be one of those hit or miss items with companies. More often than not they get it wrong, but there are a handful of good quality mascaras out there, and I NEED to know what the good mascaras are, so I don't waste my money on the duds. I'm with everybody else... I want long, thick lashes and honestly, this baby delivers that! I think it was Tanya Burr I heard raving about this mascara and having just finished my beloved 'Covergirl LashBlast Waterproof' I decided to try this.

PROS:
- Thickens, separates and lengthens lashes (the wand somehow helps get to more lashes than I'm used to).
- Formula helps hold a curl all day (however, the curl is initially created with my Shu Uemura eyelash curler).

CONS:
- Honestly, not one although I've only been using this mascara for two weeks so if something negative occurs I'll be sure to update.

UPDATE (1st July 2013):
I've changed my rating from 5 lippies to 3. It turns out that this mascara and my eyes are not loving each other. Although I still believe the mascara definitely provides length to my lashes; as the weeks went on, on way too many occasions, I've been told by friends and family to check my eyes because all hell is breaking loose. It started off with obvious panda eyes from the mascara on my lower lashes (I had forgotten the feeling of embarrassment that came with that after using Covergirl Lash Blast in waterproof for so long). Then it was the visible transfer to my brow bone. That was the last straw - I tried to like this mascara but I've had enough.

...For extra info I use Urban Decay Primer Potion to help my eye makeup last longer and set my Bobbi Brown under eye corrector with Bare Escentuals Well Rested. As it's winter here in Australia and the mascara failed to hold up on my eyes - I'd hate to see my eyes with this mascara during a hot summers day. I think I'll be heading back to my Lash Blast.

on 5/10/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I liked that this mascara made my lashes look thicker. But it smudged on my eye. It would look great for about 2 hours then would leave marks on my eyelid. It wouldn't look like a cray panda or anything but enough to have me keep looking.

on 4/28/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this product. It is literal perfection. The product does not clump on the eyelashes. It adds both volume and length. It is waterproof and lasts with water. For me personally, it is hard to get off at the end of the day. I have tried 5-6 eye makeup removers and they all remove this product well. Overall, it would totally 100% reccomend this to anyone.

on 4/9/2013 9:25:00 PM

This has to be one of my favorite mascara's. I've picked it up countless times when shopping for makeup and it always seems to do the job. I apply at least two different mascara's when doing my makeup and this is usually my last because its waterproof and I want staying power and little more volume and length. This is perfect to finish off with because it gives my lashes that last bit of oomph I'm looking for!

on 3/26/2013 11:22:00 AM

I have been on an endless search for mascara and I have finally found it!!!! I have short, stubborn hard to curl lashes and a lot of mascaras I've tried failed me. They would make my lashes long but would be clumpy but not this mascara! They really do lengthen my lashes and separates them nicely. The wand is also curved a little bit so it also helps with the curl of the lash and it also helps to put the mascara on also. Whenever I've used this product, I've received several compliments and for the first time ever, my lashes are finally noticeable!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

on 3/26/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Recently got this mascara based on the decent reviews.
I have naturally short and straight eyelashes (one of the many perks of being Asian haha) so I definitely didn't expect much from this... BUT I love how it separates my lashes, and the staying poweris pretty awesome! Because I have oily oily skin, every single mascara up to date has left unsightly black marks under my eyes BUT THIS DIDNT! WOO HOO :-)
So I Def recommend this for those with oily skin and eyelids. But I'm not exactly sure if they benefit Asian eyelashes that much... If you want that, you should shop for Asian brand mascaras :-) But overall, I like this mascara so far :-)

on 3/23/2013 8:08:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

MY LITTLE TUBE OF HOLYGRAILNESS!
Favorite mascara ever! Makes my sparse, short lashes, look SUPER long and gorgeous :)

on 3/16/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I like and don't like this mascara , I like it because it makes your lashes so long an make's it look like your wearing falsies . But it can clump quite abit if you use to much an I find it real hard to get off sometimes lke it stills feels like its there after i take it off. But overall , gives a good look