Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Clumps TONS! Hate it... Took it off immediately after seeing it clumping. UPDATE: Added some water to it, and it doesnt clump as much, if at all. It is tough to remove as it is waterproof, and some eyelashes come out/off with the mascara.

on 6/19/2013 12:39:00 PM

[rating: 4.5 lippies, rounded up to 5]

i always use my trusty shu uemura eyelash curler before any mascara, and the falsies waterproof keeps my lashes curled all day long. i found that it gives some volume and provides good length which really accentuates my lashes when curled and i love the big doll-eye look effect it gives. my only gripe with it is that it smudges after 5-6 hours of wear, but i happily put up with it since it gives me the look i'm going for. i have repurchased this multiple times over and will continue to do so.

on 6/18/2013 11:20:00 AM

All in all A great mascara and it works well as a normal mascara, but you can't go to the pool with it, because it is not waterproof at all.
But i really like the formula and the brush 👌

on 6/16/2013 10:02:00 PM

I bought this because I needed a waterproof mascara and everyone seemed to love it. At first, I really liked it, but after I used it a few times, it got super clumpy and gooey. Every time i touched my eye (even hours after I applied it) i would get mascara goo on my finger. Other days, it seems to be okay. Honestly, I'm just using it up to get rid of it! If anyone has any suggestions to take the clumping away, I'd love to take advice! :)

on 6/14/2013 1:03:00 PM

Pros
- Give lashes the 'Falsies' look, lashes are slightly flared and long enough to catch attention.
- Give the 'Black' intense look.
- Many coats can be applied.
- Nice, attractive packaging.

Cons
- Smells too synthetic. You can actually smell your lashes, which is abnormal.
- Heavy and thick. Uncomfortable to wear.
- Sometimes when applied on the lower lashes or at the tips of lashes, it can cause terrible mess and clumps.
- Damage lashes. When I removed the product, I found lots of my lashes falling. I've never have this issue when I used other mascara.

❤ Overall, I won't buy this mascara again. It looks beautiful when other people see you wear it, but it doesn't feel great for you ❤

on 6/13/2013 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Great for extending lashes. Adds volume. So so on the separating.

I have short Asian lashes with a semi monolid. When I wear a mascara that holds a curl, it pushes my eyelid to a double fold. This mascara is very clumpy and can get messy. The formula is very thick and goppy/wet. It takes a little longer to dry but the blackest black formula is indeed very dark. There is somewhat of a glossy black dry finish on my lashes. This mascara does bring drama but requires extra effort with a lash comb to get the chunkies out. It doesn't flake or smudge and is very waterproof. This isn't a mascara I would wear to school or work though...because it does take extra time. Like all major drugstore brands you can get this mascara for cheap but I wouldn't repurchase because I much prefer Maybellines the one or nyx dolls eyes in long lash. This is just too much effort to make it work. It's an Okay mascara...there are better maybelline ones out there

on 6/6/2013 7:00:00 PM

I bought this mascara with such high hopes due to the amazing reviews on it that I had recently saw. This mascara is crap when used alone in my opinion. I use it over two coats of Maybelline One By One mascara and it works like a charm. I naturally have very long eyelashes, and this just makes them even more noticeable. I constantly get asked what mascara I use and if it is one of the very expensive brands. I always tell them about this amazing combo. It is amazing at giving the extra volume my long flat lashes need! If you have stick straight lashes, just curl and use these two together and you will be amazed!

on 5/27/2013 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this mascara in waterproof black drama for $5.94 at Walmart. It doesn't flake, it didn't make me clump up and it gave me good volume. It doesn't look like I have fake lashes on but it makes my lashes look fabulous. I'm already an every user of the Colossal which I love too. Now a lot of people complain about clumping but I use just a disposable mascara wand to comb out my lashes right after I apply mascara while its wet so there won't be clumps. Department make up counters always have these mascara wands for testers and samples so I just take one or two every time I go to the mall lol. I would repurchase this!

on 5/25/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Context: I have super short, asian straight and thin eyelashes. I didn't even think I could wear mascara for the longest time because it made no difference. With that, it took me a lot of research to find a mascara routine that worked for me and Falsies is the final, best step of this.

I curl my eyelashes beforehand and then several coats of another mascara - Maybelline Illegal Length. This gives me the curl and length that I want. From there, I use Falsies in black drama ($5 at Target) .. it makes my lashes look wayy fuller and longer. The wand is super funky in shape but very effective. It also keeps my lashes separate, avoiding the clumpy look. I saw some negative comments about the packaging, but I don't mind. I think it needs to be chunky because of the curvy wand. I admittedly do too many coats of it just because I have to build up the volume of my lashes from nothing, but it still hasn't clumped up on me. The waterproof lasts all day, and I use the Maybelline waterproof eye makeup remover on a qtip.