December 18, 2014 | 1667 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Lemon Drop SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by earlyonemorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the lipbalm I keep in my purse for day-to-day wandering around, and I live in San Francisco so I really need that protection from the wind. This alone can help tell you what I think of this.

First off, the packaging is adorable, and while it's not as convenient, because I usually just don't stick it in my pocket, it's not as liable to get lost or melted in the laundry (yeah, it's horrible, but it's happened to me before), like my other lip balms are.
It smells and tastes nice! For me it's one of those balms that vaguely have a sweet taste, but most of the favor I'm getting I think is from the scent.
I love that it has spf in it, because I have gotten my lip sunburned with other balms before. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I think that this moisturizes very well. Good enough for day to day use, and not as moisturizing as something like rose salve. I feel that sometimes over moisturizing my lips leads to oversensitivity. This IS NOT for already overly chapped lips. It's not a miracle worker, but it will help lips in already fairly healthy condition.
The only real quibble I have with this is that the large sphere does not really make for overly precise application. I feel that I tend to apply on the lips, as well as just slightly around the lips too, just because I want everything covered. The one thing I found odd is I've only been able to fine these in shrinkwrap, where the others I find in blister packs. If you can get it on sale, all the better, but one lasts a REALLY long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by loveoverload

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have these sphere balms also in honeydew and summer fruit. They are not moisturizing at ALL. The formula in this lemon one however, is more smooth and creamy and more moisturizing, which is why I'm giving it a three, instead of a two I gave the other flavors. Even though it's moisturizing enough to use as a regular lip balm, I can't stand to use it. Yes it smells really nice, like lemon treats or something. But I think that the spf in it makes it taste HORRIBLE. all chemically and it really gets to me, like I have a lemon scented cleaner on my mouth and the smell annoys my nose so much. it smells much nicer if i just sniff the balm. I guess I will have to use it on my cuticles or something as well, like all my other eos. Deeply disappointed I can't actually use one on my lips, which is what I bought it for :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not impressed. The lemon scent is very faint, it balm feels waxy, and I don't like the product so exposed when it's open. I tend to drop things, and if I drop this, the whole thing will have to be tossed. But it was practically free at Walgreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ely617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very chapped lips, and I think that this is the first lip balm that has ever actually helped them over time. I've stopped using it for a while, and my lips are horribly chapped again! So I definitely think this helped, but you do have to reapply it often because it has a thin consistency that wears off quickly. The smell is amazing! And I think the consistency is very smooth and nice. I just think the packaging is kind of a dumb gimmick because even though it's cute, it's rather bulky, so I can't just stick it in my pocket like I can a normal tube lip balm. I think it's really nice that this one has SPF too! That's an important factor to me in lip balms.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAffair89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a very good lip balm if your lips aren't chapped. I find that the EOS lip balms are not potent enough to really help dry lips, but if you're looking for one just to keep on hand to prime lips for lipstick/lipgloss, I think this is a good find. It goes on smoothly and makes your lips feel nice. Not to mention, the smell of the lemon drop one is AMAZING. It smells exactly like lemon cake, it's wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Gothkenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoyed the smell and taste of the product. It went on smoothly and stays on for about 20 minutes to an hour, which is just a little bit shorter than most of my other chapsticks. I give it three stars though, because the consistancy was horrible. It is way too waxy, but I hope that if I try other flavors, it will be less of an issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by lalacoco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the cute packaging and couldn't wait to put it on my lips but after i did i didn't feel it moisturized them as well as i thought it would. I do have to reapply often and will not repurchase. Very cute concept but the moisture is not there.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Out of all of the lip balms I've used, this one hits one out of the ball park! What I love most about this product is the fact that it doesn't dry out my lips even after it wears off -- which is the problem I've encountered with other lip balms.

PROS
- 100% natural
- It has SPF15
- It makes my lips feel smooth
- Very hydrating
- Nice texture
- Nice scent

NEUTRAL
- Packaging. It's unique, but I find it too bulky to put it in my pockets.

CONS
- When I first opened it, the balm fell off! I pressed it into the base in hope I wouldn't have the same problem again -- it worked.
- It's easy for dust to get into the product even if it's closed. It doesn't get necessarily into the product, but where you open/close the lid. There's a little gap and it's seriously a dust magnet.

If you happen to run into these at the drugstore, I recommending getting Lemon Drop. It's the only one with SPF and the texture of it is much nicer than the other two.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by tiff1211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surpised when I didn't like this product. I waited month for this because whenever I went to buy it, it was never in stock. The package is cool but the actual product is overhyped in my opinion. The smell is awful and it didn't moisturize. It felt a lot like vaseline, actually vaseline is better. The difference between vaseline and the is the smell which I didn't care for. Sorry I would never buy or reccommend this product. I still prefer Mary Kay Satin Lips or Carmex over this

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by julieothree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. The packaging is unique, and the balm in pretty moisturizing without being sticky. I've had the same one for over 3 months, and it's still halfway full despite using it everyday. I love the fact that it doesn't contain parabens. I would give it five stars if it were a little more moisturizing, but I will absolutely buy again.