October 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a long-time user of UDPP, and thought that was the best formula on the market. Then I tried NARS. Wow, this stuff is the gold standard. It's got a slightly tacky consistency that UD's didn't have, but that makes it even better as a base. And somehow the tackiness dries down and doesn't result in creasing. I get perfect, all-day wear from my shadows when I layer tham over Pro-Prime base. The tube is well designed, you can actually effectively use the product inside without resorting to slicing it up (not so with the UD wand style tube). The little doe-foot applicator is a little bit chubby, so it's the perfect shape and size for getting the primer from tube to eyelid. High praise for this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by albs

This is a very good eye primer. It keeps my shadows on all day without creasing or any patchiness. I don't usually have any trouble with my shadows creasing as long as I'm wearing some sort of primer, so although this works very well I think I'll try something a little less expensive next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by ikki42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was a life saver for me. For years I couldn't wear any sort of eye makeup due to the extreme oiliness of my eyelids. I could put on any eye shadow and it would be creased in an hour or less. I constantly had to blot my eyes to keep them from feeling heavy. It was horrid.

I'd tried Urban Decay Primer Potion first to see if that would work. Everywhere I looked people raved on and on about it. It helped somewhat. I was able to go about 3-4 hours before things got out of control again. It also felt a bit too thick for me when applying it.

After the UD PP was used up I bought a small thing of the ELF eyelid primer to keep in my purse, it was cheap, it works for if I've forgotten to apply my NARS at home. It stays for around 3ish hours.

After more research I found out about this fantastic product. I use it daily. If I put it on at 8am, I still have fantastic non creased color at 10 at night. Love this love this love this. Not only has it let me be able to actually experiment with eyeshadows finally, but I'm able to go a full day without having to blot constantly at my eyes. It is an amazing feeling to not have heavy oily oily eyelids all day. It goes on nice and thin and is wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by rairai3

I've always been notorious for having panda eyes from my mascara. This is my first eye primer and I was recommended it by a Mecca Cosmetica sales assistant. Since using it, I haven't had panda eyes again. My make up stays all day and I love it. I like the packaging. When I use it I put some on the back of my hand and dab it on with my finger instead of putting the wand on my eye directly. I find it works so well that I have to be super careful with not making mistakes, because its hard to fix mistakes sometimes. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because it gives me white marks ( that could look like "sleep" to everyone else) on the outer corner of my eyes. However this goes away with a bit of rubbing. I just have to remember to rub it off when it dries.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by insuline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried some of the best products really popular like Urban Decays primer potion or Too Faced Eyeshadow insurance but i think this is the best of them. My eyeshadow stays all day and night till i get to sleep, i never have to refresh even when i need to go out after work. Give it a try so you will not regret i am sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good, solid eyeshadow primer. It can be slightly drying on my eyes at times, but it really helps my eyeshadow bind and stay put.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent primer. It goes on easily, and like all primers, has to dry a minute or two before it's ready to do its job. it holds my shadow and liner in place for a solid 10 hours, and even longer. I am not wild about the packaging, tho. First, the wand/tube setup means a lot of product is left in the tube once you think it's empty, unless you perform surgery on it and you simply should not have to do that. Second, what's with the foot long black lid/wand? Ok, it's not that long, but the wand is attached to the longest top I've ever seen on a tube product! It's a bit awkward to use as a result.

Long and short = product itself is aces; packaging is so-so, but it's not bad enough to dissuade me from repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by ruru107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This primer has done a great job preventing my eyeliner from smudging. It doesn't work miracles, so your makeup will start to smudge late in the evening, but it's probably the best of its kind. You should be careful how much you use and how well you blend it. If you apply too much or don't blend it in, it will leave a visible white flaky coating around your eye. It also helps to allow the product to dry completely before opening and closing your eye or applying makeup. I usually fan my eyelid with my hand a little after application. And that's all it takes! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by deblovesmakeup

I was excited about this product and forked over the extra $ because supposedly this is better than UDPP... but sadly, I cannot bring myself to use this again. I've used it several times and each time I can FEEL it on my lids all day. It doesn't matter if I apply a little or a lot. Not sure if its slightly irritating, or just feels heavy. Can't tell, all I know is this did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by evildoctorporkchop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this has replaced udpp as my hg eyeshadow primer. curiously, after three - maybe four? - years of using udpp, it just stopped working. i have very oily lids and my eyeshadows started to crease pretty badly after about four hours or so. i didn't change my brushes, method of application, or eyeshadow brands, so i couldn't account for its sudden ineffectiveness.

in any case, i'm glad it did because i infinitely prefer the nars. the texture is better: it's lighter, not quite so thick, and i love that it applies sans color. secondly, the packaging is sleeker. the doe-foot applicator dots on just the right amount of product; not too much is needed. i've always found udpp's packaging tacky and unwieldy especially when the tube is near empty. however, the wand of the nars has the infamous rubberized finish, and if you neglect to keep it clean on a daily basis, it can and will get funky. finally, it's definitely worth the $4 price differential for a product that is an upgrade on every level.

after using this, i've had eyeshadows last for almost 12 hours meaning no creases with only slight color fading, yet it's still easy to clean off with make-up remover or cleanser. i thought the udpp was the best there is, so i'm really glad to have found a formula that outperforms what was already a decent primer.