September 23, 2014 | 2058 users online

Treatments - Hada Labo - Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm changing my review from '2' to '5'. It wasn't this lotion that broke me out. After I stopped, I went back and continued using for a few more weeks. My skin just started to evolve. It has never felt this soft and smooth. The hydration level has increased so much I don't even recognize my own skin in the mirror. I think it's officially holy grail for me now. Best thing that ever touched my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Curiosity drove me to this purchase. On my dry skin, this does very little. Let's look at it, I cannot remember exactly how much I paid for it, probably around $10-12, hyaluronic acid is not cheap. This product is 170 ml. Do you honestly think it has 30 % of the active ingredient, no, I believe the most is 5%, the rest is just filler. The instruction of how to put it on is just gimmick, on my dry & thirsty skin, it absorbed no matter how I applied it, as long as it made contact with the skin, it goes in after 2-3 minutes. It does provide some temporary smoothness & comfort for around 20 minutes, but if I don't put on my usual moisturizer, the skin will returned to its usual state of dryness.
For young skin (normal/oily) living in warm climate, this product may be sufficient, but as for me, this is not even supplimentary; there is no harm in using it, but can be truly omitted.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews of this! One bottle is sold every 4 seconds in Japan.
Note - in Japan this is called "lotion",which is equivalent to toner.

It is fragrance free, mineral oil free, colorant free and alcohol free.

I have sensitive skin that can't tolerate many ingredients including mineral oil and alcohol, but I have no negative reactions from this.

The product comes in a 170ml bottle and looks and feels like water. The nozzle is designed so that one drop will spill out at a time - and you only need two drops for your whole face.
Used morning and night, this will last forever!

There is a particular way to apply it - you are meant to pat it into your skin with your palms until your skin feels smooth (ie not sticky). There are videos online of this if you need a demonstration :P
Then put your own moisturiser or serum on top. The lotion acts as a barrier to prevent any moisture loss, and locks in whatever you put on top.

I have combination sensitive skin, prone to clogged pores and breakouts but nothing major. While this product has no effect on treating pimples, it does not aggravate them either. I have not been using my usual azelaic acid products for the past few weeks, and I have notice that having more hydrated skin has made my face a lot clearer, because it is more balanced.

I can't see this product causing irritation to anyone, unless they are unable to use hyaluronic acid.

Hada Labo has brought the range out in other Asian countries besides Japan- the malaysian website is in english if you are curious about the brand/products.

I don't have ingredients with me, but they are available online.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by lovebell

This bottle costs RM40.90, 170ml. Since I have a small face, I only need 2 drops each time. I was expecting it to be very sticky and took quite awhile to absorb but it didnít.

In fact, you donít have to pat so hard like what the girl did(you can check out the video in my blog - http://sweetsurrender.99.com.my/?p=8237) *LOL* It absorbed quite quickly for me, could be due to the dehydration of my skin. I have dry skin. Everywhere I go, any beautician will surely ďattackĒ me with my dry skin problem *LOL* Thatís why when I found out about the availability of this product in Malaysia, I was so eager to get hold of it. I usually donít spend more than RM30 on skincare product but for this Iím willing because I only use a little every time which means it will last me quite long.

Iíve been using it for half month already(day and night), my sis was sharing it with me when sheís back. The bottle is still quite full. Really no smell at all not even a little chemical smell that you will usually get from fragrance free products.

I used it after cleansing, itís basically a toner. In Japan, lotion refers to toner, milk refers to moisturizer. My moisturizer absorb fully and left my skin smooth to touch instead of feeling a layer of stickiness or greasiness that I usually felt after moisturizing. My t-zone is less oily too. There isnít any breakout too.

You can read more on how I used this product in my blog.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 7:48:00 AM More reviews by luvtea

This is one of the best hydrating toner I've tried. It may seem sticky upon initial application but after it's fully absorb, it leaves the skin very soft and smooth. Helps to enhance the absorption of the the moisturiser and serums used after the toner. The lotion by itself is pretty hydrating but there's still a need to use moisturiser or serum after that. One of the best products of Hada Labo! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by audiolovely

One bottle is sold every 4 seconds!

The product is thick, but after patting it into your skin your skin will instantly be refreshed and moisturized.

This is a great product for those with sensitive/trouble skin since the formula is formulated without mineral, parabens or other irritating ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by yingvannie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought it for S$22.90. I heard that it is cheaper in other countries like Malaysia? The one sold in Singapore is made in Japan where else the one in Malaysia is made in China.

The package is really friendly (plastic bottle) unlike some toner/lotion that comes in a glass bottle that will break easily when drop. The first feel when applying, you will feel a little sticky but when it is fully adsorbed by your skin you can feel the smoothness and 'boing boing' touch you saw in their ads (not to the extend of the exaggeration in the ads).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by filicious

ye.. i bought this because i also heard they sell a bottle in every 4 seconds, so i gotta try. this is not magic, it won't change your skin the next day. but i do realize that my skin got a lot softer and less sensitive. i use this with my estee lauder products and its been great. i will definitely buy again because my skin is very dry so this helps absorb water molecules.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

I purchased this product from www.sasa.com for $11 170ml
This is what was described on Sasa's website for this item:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HadaLabo GOKUJYUN Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion is infused with super hyaluronic acid which deeply penetrates into skin. It keeps on moisturizing and softening skin, meanwhile enhancing skinís water-binding ability, leaving skin supple, smooth and radiant. Weak acid, no fragrance, and no colorant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I heard that this toner/lotion sells 1 bottle every 4 second. Well, of course, I had to try! To my surprise, I found that I really do like it and can understand why it sells like hotcakes! The texture is somewhat watery, but has a bit of a slip to it. I find that 2 small 'shakes' into the palm is sufficient for my entire face/neck/throat area. As instructed, I patted and pressed the solution onto cleansed skin. In about 10 seconds, the toner is completely absorbed. My combination skin feels wonderfully hydrated, but without the oil!! No scent detected. I would say it is safe for sensitive skin users, too. The redness in my face seemed to have subsided a bit! What's not to like? I LOVE this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

This is currently one of the best selling Japanese toners out there in the drugstore. Unlike most toners which is watery, Hada Labo's 'lotion'- a Japanese term used for toners basically, is a little thicker in texture. I was told to put about 3 drops across my entire face AFTER cleansing and gently tap until it is entirely absorbed. For me, I put more than 3 drops.....5-6 drops is still very well tolerated by my skin.

This lotion's active ingredient is the Hyaluronic Acid, a moisturising ingredient that claims to retain moisture on the skin. HL's motto is basically "Simplicity"- it claims to only include the necessary ingredients into its products, with no additional additives like fragrance or alcohol.

Upon application, my skin feels more plump and has that 'toink-toink' feeling. My skin instantly feels more hydrated and NOT oily. It really makes make-up glides more easily on a hydrated skin. I would really recommend it to people out there whom are looking for hydrating skincare. For the price, it's totally inexpensive, and I believe that one full size bottle can last > 6 mths.

TIP: I also use this toner as a mask. I do so by saturating cotton pads with WATER first, then pour a dime size of the lotion onto it and leave it on my skin for 5-10 minutes (avoiding the eye area ofcourse). I have been doing this almost every night for the past 2 weeks, and my skin has never looked better ! Really an inexpensive and effective way to maintain skin's moisture and hydration. The reasons why I saturate my cotton pad with water is to make the mask less 'rich'. Imagine saturating it with purely HL's lotion and use it every night..... i'm afraid this would be too much for the skin to absorb.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No