November 27, 2014 | 1457 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulConverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So like many others, I purchased this'd because of all the raved reviewed from beauty gurus online. I sadly don't realize the hype. I purchased this on a whim, while looking down the aisles and remembering the great reviews on this little 'gem'. I don't purchase makeup removing wipes since they usually sting my skin. I thought this would be different since it states it's hypoallergetic. I was strong. I don't even wear waterproof mascara and it left smudges around my eyes. *Sigh* &
It stung as well. I agree that the smell is an artifical fragrence. Not at all the smell of fresh cucumbers. Note Repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Serenity4you

After seeing a lot of good reviews on this products by gurus on Youtube I decided to go try one out since the one I was using was running out. I was really excited, but when I opened the package the smelling to me was really unpleasant. I expected something more fresh. At first I thought it was just a temporary, but after using it the fragrant lingered on my face so I had to go and wash it off. It's just sitting on my desk for nice decoration. Would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by rfinn21

I originally wanted to buy this product after hearing tons of beauty gurus rave about it. When i looked up reviews online though I was wary because there were so many mixed reviews. I ended up buying to trial size just to try it out. When i tried it i was wearing waterproof mascara and a full face. When i opened it i was suprised that the smell was unpleasent. I normally like cucumber scented products but this smelled artificial. I didnt mind it too much though because it was not overpowering. As soon as i started wiping my face began to sting badly. I dont have sensitive skin and this product was labelled as hypoallergenic. I had to rinse off my face repeatedly to get the stinging to stop. I gave it two stars though because it did get my makeup off and if i didnt have a reaction i would probably repirchase and use these often.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by littlecutefishy

i first bought this online from asos.com since you cant find these products in nz. when i first used it, i like it a lot. it didnt burn my skin and didnt leave that really sticky feeling on your face that other makeup remover wipes do. however, after starting on this facial treatment to lighten freckles, my skin has gotten more sensitive and these towelettes actually burn my face when i use it and i have to rest a cold flannel over my face to sooth the burning. ill probably go back to using these once the treatment finishes but once i finish the towelettes ill probably not repurchase since i had to order online and it was quite expensive :/

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Sensitastic

These towelettes do an good job at cleaning my face, removing makeup and such, however, they're not great for sensitive skin, specially eyes. They're a bit harsh and make the skin around my eyes burn. Nothing that left my skin red or damaged as a result but still, unpleasant. Since I think these types of towelettes are only useful if they are safe to use all over your face, including eyes (so it's a quick one step process), I don't find them as practical as the should be or as good as Bioderma's cleansing towelettes (unfortunately these are overpriced in the US...). I have a long review on both product on my blog: http://www.sensitastic.blogspot.com which is all about caring for sensitive skin. Hope you find this helpful! Cheers!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by shantypanty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmm... It's always interesting to read reviews and discover how certain products work for some, but don't for others. In regard to the Yes to Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes, I fall into that category of folks who do like the product.

I like the smell. I like how the towelettes stay moist. And I like how they make my skin feel. I also have quite sensitive skin (the result of having once been on Accutane), but did not experience any of the itching/redness/pain/breakouts that others have had. In fact, for me, the effect of these towelettes truly is soothing. I don't know why so many others have had negative experiences, but it may be due to our using them under different circumstances. So, for the sake of transparency, this is the context in which I used them:

1) Like many reviewers here, I had heard of these towelettes from various YouTube makeup gurus and had been wanting to try them out. I finally picked up a travel-size package of 10 towelettes to use during my week-long trip to Hawai'i.
2) I tend not to wear makeup in Hawai'i, so I cannot fairly comment on these towelettes' ability to remove makeup. Most days, I was hiking, at the beach, and/or chillin' out in the sun. So there was nothing on my face but Kiss My Face sunscreen, which I reapplied regularly.
3) I only used the towelettes at night after my post-beach, post-hike, and/or post-whatever-activity-in-the-sun shower. I felt like after a day in the sun, these towelettes cooled, soothed, and moisturized my face similar to how aloe gel cooled and soothed my body.
4) There were two days on which I did wear makeup. At most, I had a layer of BB Cream on my face, some light eyeshadow on my eyes, and one coat of mascara on my lashes. I did use the towelettes to clean my face these nights too, and did not have a problem. But as my face wasn't very heavy with makeup, I can't fairly comment on how well these towelettes would perform on a face with heavier makeup.

After my trip, I decided that I liked this product enough to buy the larger package. I use them mainly to clean my (non-makeup'd) face after a day in the sun, since for me, the hook is that they make my face feel clean, cool, and calmed. I also use them on nights I feel lazy. Haha. Still have not had any problems with them. Perhaps they work best post-sun or when one's face is already makeup-free?? But I realize that, for some, it defeats the purpose. As for me, they work well enough :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jac8604

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While the scent takes some getting used to, it's not unpleasant. After using the entire pack, I can't say that I've noticed any difference when I compare it to any other mild cleansing wipe. Not worth the $6 price tag, in my opinion. However, I wouldn't mind purchasing again if they were about $3.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by marie15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive skin, as well as slightly dry.
For the past year I've been using Neutrogena Towelettes, and I love them, but they make my face a little TOO oily. So I decided, what the heck? And try new makeup remover wipes.
I researched a lot before I made my purchase, and it said that it's for sensitive skin.
It may just be that my skin reacted to something in it, this is what happens:
It removes my makeup efficiently. (I don't care much for the smell, though I know some do) but right after I'm done using it, my face starts to burn. Not like fire burn, but like an 'Ouch!' tingley burn.
Very disappointed, going back to Neutrogena!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by TwiPixie

I wanted to try these for so long! I love Yes To lip butters so when I was shopping for holiday supplies so I picked these up so I didn't have to carry around 3 different makeup remover products. Big mistake.

First of all, as soon as I got them I loved the package, it's very handy and I wish all my towelettes came with this package, it closes very well preventing them for drying. Honestely the package just got me more and more excited to actually try it.

When I opened the package the smell was horrible. It made mw want to throw up, simple as that. People here rave about the smell so I thought I was being picky but everyone else I asked to smell it hated it, so I when back to sephora to ask if it was just a bad one. Ladies there smelled it, opened the newest package in the store, same smell. That was bad! But I tried to get past that, as hard it was. It smells like rotten...something, bad.

When I actually put them to my face it was just okay. It was extra moist. It did NOT remove all residues which was very disappointing, it didn't do anything much - it was just one of those products you could use up and move on. However when I used it the next day it burnt my face, oh the burn! I had to wash my face right away and apply to heavy duty creams to calm my skin down, it was all red and burning!

I never used it away but it left behind a kind of rash/pimple/weird thing right on my cheek and my face peeled off a little bit (which is great when you're on holiday and working on a tan --').

This cost me 6 for 30 towelettes (I'll never use) and my local drugstore towelettes (which are so much more effective) are 2,5 for 25 towelettes - so never again will I be replacing them.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

With one word:useless. It does not clean the face without make-up at all...