July 29, 2014 | 2051 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Takumi

I was given a sample of this and was trying out last night..my face was oily and took quite a long time for it to absorb before i can apply my moisturiser..i wasn't expecting much from this oil but wow, the next day morning i can felt my face feeling smooth and glowing, and no break out at all..however, in the afternoon my face is coming back to its normal look (dull, toneless, rough, oily)..maybe i should do it every night and see the result after sometimes..

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by TheEmpress

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First I should say, this did not break me out. This lightweight oil seems to be very calming and soothing after exfoiliating.However, I have to agree with others, it does not absorb. It just sits on your face.The lavender in this product somehow results in a good nights sleep. My skin also appeared to be slightly more plump in the morning. Other than that, I am finding this does nothing to benefit my skin over time. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Robin1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it! I have acne-prone skin and this product does not irritate my face. I apply it before my Retin-A gel - and it works perfect. (No pilling of the gel as you often get if you apply lotions under or over Retin-A gel). The smell is also great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by AmbrosiaKisses

I received 3 sample packs of the Midnight Recovery Concentrate after a purchase from Kiehls. Initially, I wasn't too impressed or interested in trying it out. I don't like serums or anything oily because it reminds me of clogged pores and an extra product on my face. However, giving in to curiosity and the rave reviews, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. I'm now on my last sample pack and I'll be purchasing a full bottle. I don't use it every night, alternating between Ole's Vitamin C Booster, and my skin honestly feels much softer, healthier and (could it be?) more radiant. I have a problem with uneven skin tone and this product seems to be combating the problem. I don't recommend using it alone (it's not a moisturizer), but a product that adds wonders to your routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Bebe3434

This product is not intended for dry skin. I live in a harsh midwest state and I need something that will attack my dry skin. This product leaves a shiny, greasy appearance on my skin...and I only use 2-3 drops. Although it leaves a greasy appearance I have continued to apply every night and feel that my dry skin is more relieved than the last product I tried. Thank goodness I got the sample of this, will not be purchasing the full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by leenn32

Just bought my full size bottle, previous sample lasted me for about 3 weeks plus. My face is much smoother and it didn't break me out as well, love the pleasant lavender scent. Hope to see my acne scar fading like what other readers has experienced

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by earthybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has diminished my dark spots from pregnancy better than any other product I've tried. It's very hydrating and does not break me out. I adore it! The bottle will last soo long you only need a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by jellocream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my HG night serum/ moisturizer. Before, I had milia around my eyes, because I have very dry skin there. If I don't use thick eye creams I'll get fine lines instead. The balance has been very difficult, until I started to use Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I use it over my whole face, 2-3 drops. My milias are almost gone and my fine lines around my mouth and neck are also less visible.

Other brands with this oil type kind of serum, that I have tried are Ren Rose Synergy O12 Restoring Facial Serum, which is too thick and oily for my skin. Perhaps I'm not old enough yet. Another one I think is better than Ren is Trilogy's Age Proof CoQ10 Booster Serum. It's sticky at first but sinks in better than Ren.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

skin irritation in a bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by perandshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using a sample for more than two weeks. Surprising how long it lasts.
It became more clear to me that this oil treatment is for oily skin type. it is emollient, soothing, and has a silkening effect but it lacks hydration for my normal to dry skin. It is an attractive product. it smells and feels luxurious to put on. my face becomes immediately soft and shiny after application. It looks a little greasy but It never broke me out. Neither did it help my skin for real. In fact I woke up with dry skin when I used this instead of my usual hydrating serum at night.
I almost bought the full size bottle but now I am glad I only got a sample. For me this is just a feel good product which doesn't do anything. For now I prefer my serum and moisturizer which made my skin feel like it had a drink of water in stead of a topical shine from the Midnight Recovery Concentrate.