October 1, 2014 | 1404 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

-Not especially impressed with this. Received as a trial size in a Kiehl's skincare kit. It was a good value because it came with other full-sized products, but I wouldn't purchase it in the full size. I'd rather spend MORE money on a better serum and here's why:

-I strongly dislike the "eyedropper" bottle, it makes it difficult to apply to your skin because it's so watery that to apply it DIRECTLY to the face, it's difficult to rub it in fast enough. If you put the dropper contents on your skin first, most of the serum gets on your hands and not enough on your face.

-I didn't see any results. I'm not sure what the long-term effects are of this. I've had great serums and not so great serums. This one didn't do anything for me. Of course, the trial bottle only lasts about 2 weeks, but I think I should have seen some sort of improvement by then, but I didn't.

-I do like the face that its not oily whatsoever. Some serums are, but this one is of good consistency. I gave 3 lippies instead of 2 because it was basically free and the texture is nice, but isn't a must-have product for me by any means.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The pros: nice scent, does not break me out, adds moisture but isn't greasy, relatively cheap compared to other anti-aging serums, a little goes a long way and will last for a long time.

The cons: it really does not seem to be doing anything but moisturizing. I saw no change in the tone or texture of my skin.

I probably will not repurchase. I have a bottle of maracuja oil waiting for me, so I will try that next.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by sagittarian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Looking at the ingredients, it seems like this product would help my skin out. Tried it for a couple of days when I first bought it. It didn't do much. I thought it might've given me a few spots actually, but I can't say for sure it was due to this product. The lavender scent was really nice, but it hasn't even been a year and the scent has started to change! I might give it another go, but I find it rather pointless.
3 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Takumi

I was given a sample of this and was trying out last night..my face was oily and took quite a long time for it to absorb before i can apply my moisturiser..i wasn't expecting much from this oil but wow, the next day morning i can felt my face feeling smooth and glowing, and no break out at all..however, in the afternoon my face is coming back to its normal look (dull, toneless, rough, oily)..maybe i should do it every night and see the result after sometimes..

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by TheEmpress

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First I should say, this did not break me out. This lightweight oil seems to be very calming and soothing after exfoiliating.However, I have to agree with others, it does not absorb. It just sits on your face.The lavender in this product somehow results in a good nights sleep. My skin also appeared to be slightly more plump in the morning. Other than that, I am finding this does nothing to benefit my skin over time. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Robin1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it! I have acne-prone skin and this product does not irritate my face. I apply it before my Retin-A gel - and it works perfect. (No pilling of the gel as you often get if you apply lotions under or over Retin-A gel). The smell is also great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by AmbrosiaKisses

I received 3 sample packs of the Midnight Recovery Concentrate after a purchase from Kiehls. Initially, I wasn't too impressed or interested in trying it out. I don't like serums or anything oily because it reminds me of clogged pores and an extra product on my face. However, giving in to curiosity and the rave reviews, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. I'm now on my last sample pack and I'll be purchasing a full bottle. I don't use it every night, alternating between Ole's Vitamin C Booster, and my skin honestly feels much softer, healthier and (could it be?) more radiant. I have a problem with uneven skin tone and this product seems to be combating the problem. I don't recommend using it alone (it's not a moisturizer), but a product that adds wonders to your routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Bebe3434

This product is not intended for dry skin. I live in a harsh midwest state and I need something that will attack my dry skin. This product leaves a shiny, greasy appearance on my skin...and I only use 2-3 drops. Although it leaves a greasy appearance I have continued to apply every night and feel that my dry skin is more relieved than the last product I tried. Thank goodness I got the sample of this, will not be purchasing the full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by leenn32

Just bought my full size bottle, previous sample lasted me for about 3 weeks plus. My face is much smoother and it didn't break me out as well, love the pleasant lavender scent. Hope to see my acne scar fading like what other readers has experienced

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by earthybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has diminished my dark spots from pregnancy better than any other product I've tried. It's very hydrating and does not break me out. I adore it! The bottle will last soo long you only need a little bit.