April 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by kk82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many an eye primer, but this is my go to! It is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way. It definitely helps keep any and all shadows from creasing, and keeps the color true all day long. A must have if you are looking for a good primer- puts urban decay to shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by LucaBaby

I have very oily eye lids...by the end of the day my eye shadow would be nearly gone and my eyeliner would be smeared into my crease. I tried using MAC's eye primer as well as paintpots...those helped but in no way offered any lasting power. I tried UDPP a couple of years ago and it worked fabulous! Unfortunately I was very allergic to it and after using the product for 2-3 days my lids were red, puffy and itchy. Then last week my friend mentioned TFSI and I gave that a try too. Worked like a charm but again I had an allergic reaction to it. I thought about giving up my search for the perfect primer but decided I would not go down without a fight. I went to Sephora and bought a bunch of primers including Laura Mercier, Tarte, Nars and Lorac Behind the Scenes. I figured there must be something out there that I can use.

This primer has been a complete blessing! I've been using it for a week and so far no reaction whatsoever. I've never had my eye shadow look brand new and remain vibrant after a 10-12 hr workday! I'm still amazed when I look in the mirror at lunch time and my eye makeup is still in perfect condition. I will never go without this primer again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by xenadanielle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first review on MUA after reading them for so long...but I have finally found an eye primer I can use! And it's great!

I first received BTS as a sample from Sephora and squeezed every last drop out of the somewhat ickily-designed packet.

I've always had issues with eye primers--UDPP made my lids red and itchy...same thing with Too Faced and a couple other brands. BTS goes on smoothly and my eyeshadows blend beautifully and stay creaseless and beautiful all day. And my lids don't itch or puff up. As I type this at almost 6pm my eye look is as fresh and popping as when I applied @ 8:30 this morning. Love this product....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by denverteacher2010

fabulous product! feels great on my eyes, keeps my e/s looking great all day, and my eyelids feel smooth and soft when i take my eye mu off with this! highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

As an oily lidded gal, an eye primer is a everyday must for me. I had been using UDPP for some time, but I hated the packaging. Along came LORAC Behind the Scenes Primer. I just love this primer. It is a light ivory color like UDPP, but goes on colorless. This keeps my shadows in place for 12+ hours just like UDPP. I haven't had any issues blending on top of this either.

The best thing about this primer is the packaging. It comes in a squeeze tube that is easy to use and hygienic. I have no doubt I will easily be able to get all the product out. I will continue to buy this as long as they make it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this product at first. It would hold my shadow for hours without creasing consistently when I first used it. It is not as consistent now but I do like this product ALOT. It holds some shadows better than others and sometimes it holds 8 hours and at other times it holds longer. I have tried many primers from UD, Too Faced, Bare Escentuals, L'Oreal, Prescriptives and the list goes on and on. Even though this in not prefect it is definitely on the top on my list. I probably wouldn't re-purchase only cause there are always new primers coming out and I will continue to search for the all around ever consistent PERFECT primer.
Edit 12/16/10: This has failed me too.....my search continues....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by crmeyers

I got this as a sample from Sephora and used it for almost 3 weeks before I purchased. I have been a long time follower of TFSI. But, somewhat recently, TFSI has been creasing. It didn't used to do that, but somehow, this last tube seems a bit greasier than what it was before. Immediately after trying the Lorac version, I was very impressed! I have used it with or without shadow and it doesn't crease. I have somewhat light skin, and the color blends right in with my lids and is undectable. I can't put concealer on my lids to even out the color, or else it will immediately crease. But, this on its own is enough to even things out and doesn't make me look so greasy looking! The packaging is awsome! I don't know how anyone could stand to use the UDPP packaging. Love it and will definitely repurchase (although not for at least a year). The tube should last me at least that long, even with everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by clairebear12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this primer as a mini in the Little Black Palette set, and I have to say I love it even more than Urban Decay! The first time I used UDPP I was so impressed because I have oily lids and it just made my shadow last so much longer. While that lasted all through the day without creasing or fading and did what it was supposed to, I like this one better because of the packaging. UDPP is a bit of a waste because of the crazily shaped package and the applicator, and as I found out with Sin there is so much more product in there that it takes the bottom of the primer bottle falling off for you to realize. There is no waste involved with this primer because of the squeeze tube bottle, and a little goes a long way. I'll be buying a full sized tube of this as soon as the mini runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by melissap1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing. I had high expectations due to the good reviews on here, but this was even better than expected. The consistency is not too light or heavy, and the faint color seems to give my lids just the right overall palette. This holds my shadow better than UDPP or TFSI. It also does not contain parabens which tend to cause my eyelids to burn. I am amazed how well my shadow stays put with this. I took a long nap after a long day and it still looked like it did in the morning. I think it's better than TFSI, and UDPP irritated my eyes, so I am thrilled with this product. It goes on very smoothly for me and blends right in to my skin tone (NC15).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by MissLivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

IMO, this product should have more of a cult following then UDPP and TFSI. UDPP and TFSI creased on me by the middle of a 7 hour school day, where this lorac primer lasts me through a full 7 hours and beyond. The squeeze tube is brilliant, and it has more product than UDPP and TFSI. Granted, its roughly $2 more, but you get .47 fl. oz. over UDPP and TFSI's .34 and .35 oz. Love this product, makes even drugstore shadows last through a school day.