October 20, 2014 | 1195 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this in a kit from Sephora because I wanted to try out the primer based on the reviews from here, and the fact that I wasn't willing to dish out the money for UD's genie bottle primer potion.

One of the first primers I've ever bought, and used. Mine comes out a little pink, and feels extremely silky upon application. However it doesn't work for me. I have oily hooded eyelids, and I find that after 2 hours some of my eyeliner has transferred to near the socket area, and minimal creasing, after 3 hours my left eye (the oiler lid) has completely creased, and by 5 hours I don't even look like I'm wearing eyeshadow on either eye.
Also I found the packaging is alright. It is in a squeeze tube, but I found that after I squeeze some out and put the cap back on, there's always a little bit that squeezes out and dries up - which is such a waste! Even after I put the cap on, take it off, remove the product and use it on my eye, there is still a little bit that comes out and dries up.

After buying and try UDPP, I'll stick with that since it tends to keep my eyeshadows on ALL day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! Better than TFSI or UDPP hands down. Also packaging is better than Smashbox PhotoFinish Lid Primer and better than NARS Smudgeproof b/c its a squeeze tube instead of a wand. TFSI separates and UDPP is far too drying for my lids. TFSI is also a tad too drying for my lids and leads to irritation. LORAC is the only one that does not and comes in practical packaging. More expensive, but also more product. Highly recommend.

P.S. Don't bother with Smashbox - it doesn't work unless you use a lot.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

works very very well... and it a lil expensive but hey u get alot of product and you dont have to use a whole lot either so i guess its a win win situation for me . but sum advice when u put is on let it dry a few before putting eyeshadow on you have sum one blow on your face or fan ur self or stand by a fan lol but it works and i will re buy even if i dont need any lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Outstanding performance. I work all day and at times, I do physical labor at my job causing me to sweat a bit. But, regardless of what I'm doing, my eyeshadow and eyeliner stay nice and pretty all day. Also, it's been very humid here for this time of the month and hasn't caused issues w/ this primer working properly. The primer itself goes on smooth but I once applied too much and it caused some creasing. Once you figure out the right amount to use, it is truely perfect. My shadows went on nice and stayed put. As for the packaging, I love how sleek and stylish this is (unlike UD). I will no longer fuss about finding a good eye primer, this is it and I will be repurchasing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by facegal

I wish this worked for me as it seems to work for others. I was looking for a replacement for Urban Decay Primer Potion ONLY because of that dumb packaging (I wish the company would pay attention to it's customers!). So, I was excited to try LORAC's primer.....but sadly this has nowhere near the staying power of UDPP for me. My shadow creases and my liner transfers. Plus, there is something about it that makes shadow application difficult. It sort of tugs the brush which makes it hard to apply shadow evenly. BUT, I do love the packaging SO much better than UDPP. The LORAC tube is perfect!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by MegE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Better than Urban Decay! I was a devote of the UD, but what I didn't like was that it tended to dry my eyelid area which caused flakes/peeling. I also preferred to use a paraben-free product and wasn't fond of the doe-foot applicator and packaging which was tough to get out every last drop. The LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer fits the bill perfectly! It has a sheer nude tone which is similar to the UD, and goes on smoothly and evenly, and sets quickly. My eye shadow glides on and lasts all day long without dryness or irritation! I also love the squeeze tube packaging!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm so sad this primer didn't work for me because I love Lorac eyeshadows so much. When I first used this primer I loved it but as the week went on, I started to notice a burning feeling when I went to put it on. I stopped using it for 2 weeks. I tried it again once more to make sure it was the primer that was irritating my eye lids and not some other product. Well sadly, it was this primer. The second I put it on my eyelid was burning and when I went to wash my makeup off later in the day, I had a red, raw rash all over my eyelids which have last 3 days! Bummer. I don't know what is in this primer that is affecting my skin because it contains no parabins, etc.
I wish I could find a nonirritating eye primer! So far UD, Too Faced, and now Lorac haven't been good for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this. I hated UDPP as it dried my lids out something awful, plus the annoying wasteful packaging. Been using artdeco for the past couple years but it is heavily scented like mens cologne.

BTS is very creamy to the touch, unscented and glides on easily. Eye shadow blends so much better than with either UDPP or Artdeco. Eye shadow lasts 16+ hrs.

It is a couple dollars more than UDPP but this also contains more product. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by kk82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many an eye primer, but this is my go to! It is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way. It definitely helps keep any and all shadows from creasing, and keeps the color true all day long. A must have if you are looking for a good primer- puts urban decay to shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by LucaBaby

I have very oily eye lids...by the end of the day my eye shadow would be nearly gone and my eyeliner would be smeared into my crease. I tried using MAC's eye primer as well as paintpots...those helped but in no way offered any lasting power. I tried UDPP a couple of years ago and it worked fabulous! Unfortunately I was very allergic to it and after using the product for 2-3 days my lids were red, puffy and itchy. Then last week my friend mentioned TFSI and I gave that a try too. Worked like a charm but again I had an allergic reaction to it. I thought about giving up my search for the perfect primer but decided I would not go down without a fight. I went to Sephora and bought a bunch of primers including Laura Mercier, Tarte, Nars and Lorac Behind the Scenes. I figured there must be something out there that I can use.

This primer has been a complete blessing! I've been using it for a week and so far no reaction whatsoever. I've never had my eye shadow look brand new and remain vibrant after a 10-12 hr workday! I'm still amazed when I look in the mirror at lunch time and my eye makeup is still in perfect condition. I will never go without this primer again!