September 3, 2014 | 1078 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by facegal

I wish this worked for me as it seems to work for others. I was looking for a replacement for Urban Decay Primer Potion ONLY because of that dumb packaging (I wish the company would pay attention to it's customers!). So, I was excited to try LORAC's primer.....but sadly this has nowhere near the staying power of UDPP for me. My shadow creases and my liner transfers. Plus, there is something about it that makes shadow application difficult. It sort of tugs the brush which makes it hard to apply shadow evenly. BUT, I do love the packaging SO much better than UDPP. The LORAC tube is perfect!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by MegE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Better than Urban Decay! I was a devote of the UD, but what I didn't like was that it tended to dry my eyelid area which caused flakes/peeling. I also preferred to use a paraben-free product and wasn't fond of the doe-foot applicator and packaging which was tough to get out every last drop. The LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer fits the bill perfectly! It has a sheer nude tone which is similar to the UD, and goes on smoothly and evenly, and sets quickly. My eye shadow glides on and lasts all day long without dryness or irritation! I also love the squeeze tube packaging!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm so sad this primer didn't work for me because I love Lorac eyeshadows so much. When I first used this primer I loved it but as the week went on, I started to notice a burning feeling when I went to put it on. I stopped using it for 2 weeks. I tried it again once more to make sure it was the primer that was irritating my eye lids and not some other product. Well sadly, it was this primer. The second I put it on my eyelid was burning and when I went to wash my makeup off later in the day, I had a red, raw rash all over my eyelids which have last 3 days! Bummer. I don't know what is in this primer that is affecting my skin because it contains no parabins, etc.
I wish I could find a nonirritating eye primer! So far UD, Too Faced, and now Lorac haven't been good for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this. I hated UDPP as it dried my lids out something awful, plus the annoying wasteful packaging. Been using artdeco for the past couple years but it is heavily scented like mens cologne.

BTS is very creamy to the touch, unscented and glides on easily. Eye shadow blends so much better than with either UDPP or Artdeco. Eye shadow lasts 16+ hrs.

It is a couple dollars more than UDPP but this also contains more product. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by kk82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many an eye primer, but this is my go to! It is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way. It definitely helps keep any and all shadows from creasing, and keeps the color true all day long. A must have if you are looking for a good primer- puts urban decay to shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by LucaBaby

I have very oily eye lids...by the end of the day my eye shadow would be nearly gone and my eyeliner would be smeared into my crease. I tried using MAC's eye primer as well as paintpots...those helped but in no way offered any lasting power. I tried UDPP a couple of years ago and it worked fabulous! Unfortunately I was very allergic to it and after using the product for 2-3 days my lids were red, puffy and itchy. Then last week my friend mentioned TFSI and I gave that a try too. Worked like a charm but again I had an allergic reaction to it. I thought about giving up my search for the perfect primer but decided I would not go down without a fight. I went to Sephora and bought a bunch of primers including Laura Mercier, Tarte, Nars and Lorac Behind the Scenes. I figured there must be something out there that I can use.

This primer has been a complete blessing! I've been using it for a week and so far no reaction whatsoever. I've never had my eye shadow look brand new and remain vibrant after a 10-12 hr workday! I'm still amazed when I look in the mirror at lunch time and my eye makeup is still in perfect condition. I will never go without this primer again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by xenadanielle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first review on MUA after reading them for so long...but I have finally found an eye primer I can use! And it's great!

I first received BTS as a sample from Sephora and squeezed every last drop out of the somewhat ickily-designed packet.

I've always had issues with eye primers--UDPP made my lids red and itchy...same thing with Too Faced and a couple other brands. BTS goes on smoothly and my eyeshadows blend beautifully and stay creaseless and beautiful all day. And my lids don't itch or puff up. As I type this at almost 6pm my eye look is as fresh and popping as when I applied @ 8:30 this morning. Love this product....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by denverteacher2010

fabulous product! feels great on my eyes, keeps my e/s looking great all day, and my eyelids feel smooth and soft when i take my eye mu off with this! highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

As an oily lidded gal, an eye primer is a everyday must for me. I had been using UDPP for some time, but I hated the packaging. Along came LORAC Behind the Scenes Primer. I just love this primer. It is a light ivory color like UDPP, but goes on colorless. This keeps my shadows in place for 12+ hours just like UDPP. I haven't had any issues blending on top of this either.

The best thing about this primer is the packaging. It comes in a squeeze tube that is easy to use and hygienic. I have no doubt I will easily be able to get all the product out. I will continue to buy this as long as they make it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this product at first. It would hold my shadow for hours without creasing consistently when I first used it. It is not as consistent now but I do like this product ALOT. It holds some shadows better than others and sometimes it holds 8 hours and at other times it holds longer. I have tried many primers from UD, Too Faced, Bare Escentuals, L'Oreal, Prescriptives and the list goes on and on. Even though this in not prefect it is definitely on the top on my list. I probably wouldn't re-purchase only cause there are always new primers coming out and I will continue to search for the all around ever consistent PERFECT primer.
Edit 12/16/10: This has failed me too.....my search continues....