Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

on 1/2/2005 7:38:00 PM

I used Sally Hansen's Creme Bleach before this, and I prefer this better than SH's not because of the quality but because of the bleach's texture (I cant get over the frosting-like texture!) and the price. I got Jolen for $5 and SH for $6. This burnt but SH stung so basically they're equal.

on 12/29/2004 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yay for Jolen. I read about bleaching your eyebrows in one of Kevyn Aucoin's books, but never had the guts to do it myself. This morning, I mixed 1 part Jolen bleach to 1 part Jolen activator (comes with bleach) and I now have eyebrows the color of my medium-brown dyed hair. I only left it on 5 minutes, then rubbed a spot off with a Q-Tip to checked to see how much it lightened. I figured I could go another 5, so I reapplied.

on 11/11/2004 9:51:00 PM

I was a little hesitant to use this at first since I was worried my black eyebrows would turn orange. Thankfully it turned out to be a medium-dark brown which was what I wanted.I bought this in the Mild version and it only stung for a little bit after application and it was not a big deal at all. It's really easy to prepare but you have to be careful when mixing it together. I would definitely recommend this product since it even worked on my jet black asian eyebrows, just keep a close eye on it to get your desired results!

Jolen is a great creme bleach if you have a little peach fuzz on your upper lip or face, etc... But please, if you have longer and/or thicker facial hair - bleaching really isn't going to make that much of a difference. Do yourself a favor and wax it or something...

on 7/7/2004 5:24:00 PM

There is a generic version of this at Longs Drugs that is just as well. Having said that, if you bleach your facial hair, arms, or any superfluous hair, this (and its generic version) works fine. Bleaching does cause some irritation, especially if your skin is already irritated, like sunburned or you have been using acids/retinoids. You may get a little redness but that will fade. During the bleaching, it can sting. If it hurts real bad, just wipe it off and try again in a few days, being really gentle with your skin in the meantime. Most of the time the stinging is very mild or nonexistent. I have since graduated to waxing and other forms of torture, but I could see myself going back to this once in a while as it's so easy to do yourself. I once tried to bleach my eyebrows with this stuff, and I don't recommend that at all. Yuck.

on 6/30/2004 3:52:00 PM

I really like Jolen compared to other brands out there. I use it in between waxings. I don't burn or irritate my skin, and it does it job fairly quickly. I think the whole spatula/tray thing is kinda messy though, but I don't think there is much of a choice. An already mixed hair lightener in tube would be awesome but I don't think there is one, is there.......

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this was a great bleaching cream! I had very dark hair on my cheeks and I had alot of it..but when I used this it made them look invisible! it did irritate my skin or make it red, I used the one with aloe vera. Now I am no longer self consious about anyone noticing.

on 12/6/2003 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hah! I love the little tray and spatula they provide..but on with the actual product. I use the one with Aloe Vera because I feel that it doesn't irritate my skin. I bleach my moustache and it works really well. Stings a little, but doesn't make my skin red or anything. I tried bleaching my arm hair, but since I have a pretty dark tan, it just make my arm hair freakishly pale and obvious on my arms. But yes, I haven't dabbled in other brands, but I feel that this is really good and I definitely would repurchase.

on 9/2/2003 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This used to be a beauty staple of mine in high school/college and even grad school. I have since graduated to creme hair remover--I have found one that doesn't irritate at all (don't ask how that is possible, I don't know) but is quite effective. I stopped using bleach because I hated the redness that would develop over the bleached area and the tingling and irritation I suffered every time, as well as the messy "having-to-mix-the-powder-and-creme" routine. Bleah. Plus, unfortunately, lightened hair is still visible to some extent, so it doesn't really solve the problem of facial hair incredibly well. However, for those leery of hair removal, Jolen is a good choice. If you are looking for a creme bleach (given all the limitations of a bleach), Jolen is the best choice in my experience; but I wouldn't repurchase personally.

on 9/1/2003 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The best bleach out there. Superb for rendering hair on the face and body unnoticeable. I am black haired and have to use a product that is strong enough to quickly lighten my hair. Other brands like Surgi and Sally Hansen discolor the skin and are more irritating. Jolen's Creme Bleach has the least noticeable scent, and works more rapidly than other brands as well. No need to mess around with around brands.

Popular Treatments (Face)