Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

on 2/27/2005 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have jet black eyebrows, most of the time I put up with them since they suit me in a way, but occasionally I will step out with...dark brown (amazing! such a difference) eyebrows thanks to the jolen creme bleach. Most people think it smell horrible yet I quite like it, it is better than them overloading the stuff with perfume like they could do. Anyway, the longer you leave it on the lighter your brows will be, so about 4-5 minutes is good for me because I just like a shade lighter, but if you want to go from black to light blonde brows you will need to keep it on for quite a bit longer. Personally though, I think it is VERY obvious when people bleach their brows too much and it does NOT look natural, also while the natural colour is growing back you WILL look like a calico cat if you bleach too light. Maybe if you are patient and gradually go a bit lighter to see if it works on you, blonde eyebrows work on some people, but if you have naturally dark eyebrows I doubt if you are one of those people. Don't abuse the jolen! I dont know what this product would be like if you have facial hair, but be VERY careful, I saw a woman who bleached her facial hair too light and it looked awful, after a certain stage, if you goo light, it goes from doing the job you wanted it to to sticking out very obviously especially in artificial lighting. It was wrong, Anyway, alot of that didnt actually have to do with the product. But the product is good.

on 2/8/2005 11:06:00 PM

This is the first facial hair bleach I ever used. Works well, not very irritating. I do like the Sally Hansen raspberry one a bit better because of the smell but this is easier to find and usually cheaper.

on 1/2/2005 7:38:00 PM

I used Sally Hansen's Creme Bleach before this, and I prefer this better than SH's not because of the quality but because of the bleach's texture (I cant get over the frosting-like texture!) and the price. I got Jolen for $5 and SH for $6. This burnt but SH stung so basically they're equal.

on 12/29/2004 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yay for Jolen. I read about bleaching your eyebrows in one of Kevyn Aucoin's books, but never had the guts to do it myself. This morning, I mixed 1 part Jolen bleach to 1 part Jolen activator (comes with bleach) and I now have eyebrows the color of my medium-brown dyed hair. I only left it on 5 minutes, then rubbed a spot off with a Q-Tip to checked to see how much it lightened. I figured I could go another 5, so I reapplied.

on 11/11/2004 9:51:00 PM

I was a little hesitant to use this at first since I was worried my black eyebrows would turn orange. Thankfully it turned out to be a medium-dark brown which was what I wanted.I bought this in the Mild version and it only stung for a little bit after application and it was not a big deal at all. It's really easy to prepare but you have to be careful when mixing it together. I would definitely recommend this product since it even worked on my jet black asian eyebrows, just keep a close eye on it to get your desired results!

Jolen is a great creme bleach if you have a little peach fuzz on your upper lip or face, etc... But please, if you have longer and/or thicker facial hair - bleaching really isn't going to make that much of a difference. Do yourself a favor and wax it or something...

on 7/7/2004 5:24:00 PM

There is a generic version of this at Longs Drugs that is just as well. Having said that, if you bleach your facial hair, arms, or any superfluous hair, this (and its generic version) works fine. Bleaching does cause some irritation, especially if your skin is already irritated, like sunburned or you have been using acids/retinoids. You may get a little redness but that will fade. During the bleaching, it can sting. If it hurts real bad, just wipe it off and try again in a few days, being really gentle with your skin in the meantime. Most of the time the stinging is very mild or nonexistent. I have since graduated to waxing and other forms of torture, but I could see myself going back to this once in a while as it's so easy to do yourself. I once tried to bleach my eyebrows with this stuff, and I don't recommend that at all. Yuck.

on 6/30/2004 3:52:00 PM

I really like Jolen compared to other brands out there. I use it in between waxings. I don't burn or irritate my skin, and it does it job fairly quickly. I think the whole spatula/tray thing is kinda messy though, but I don't think there is much of a choice. An already mixed hair lightener in tube would be awesome but I don't think there is one, is there.......

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this was a great bleaching cream! I had very dark hair on my cheeks and I had alot of it..but when I used this it made them look invisible! it did irritate my skin or make it red, I used the one with aloe vera. Now I am no longer self consious about anyone noticing.

on 12/6/2003 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hah! I love the little tray and spatula they provide..but on with the actual product. I use the one with Aloe Vera because I feel that it doesn't irritate my skin. I bleach my moustache and it works really well. Stings a little, but doesn't make my skin red or anything. I tried bleaching my arm hair, but since I have a pretty dark tan, it just make my arm hair freakishly pale and obvious on my arms. But yes, I haven't dabbled in other brands, but I feel that this is really good and I definitely would repurchase.

Popular Treatments (Face)