MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

I like this foundation so much! It is easy to blend and you don't need a lot of product to create flawless look! I usually dip my 130 brush lightly and stipple then blend blend blend. My face looks airbrushed and after a while it becomes very natural looking.
Since the sponge is technically useless, I hope MAC wouldn't include it and just makes a little bit more product or smaller compact instead of this quite bulky one...

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Thank God the sun was shining when I tried this on. In the dimly lite MAC store, which is where it looked great but outside I looked like a chalky make-up masks wearing mess. NO THANKS.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This isnt what a cream foundation should be IMO. When I look for a cream foundation I want good coverage, I want it to dry to a powdery finish or at least somewhat matte, and I want it not to be greasy!! This was sheer coverage and kinda greasy, you pretty much have to aviod moisturizer beforehand. Also I always have to try extra hard to open the compact. annoying. its ok, but nothing great.

I was drawn to this foundation primarily because it was advertised as "mineral makeup". I love the look of cremes and liquids, but powder foundations make me look extremely cakey, so I never repurchased any of the mineral powder foundations. I'm normally an NC40 in studiofix, and the NC40 in this foundation looks a tad bit darker in the pan. Once blended onto the face, the color melts, because it is a light to medium coverage. So if you need extra coverage, I suggest to purchase a concealer, as you may be disappointed by this foundation coverage-wise. It's very light, but be wary of adding layers, as it may look caked-on.

The way I apply it: Use a small spatula to remove some product (So as not to contaminate it with my brush or sponge), put onto back of hand, then use Sonia Kashuk's flat-top brush (way cheaper than the MAC 130) and blend it from middle of face outward.

The reason as to why I may not be repurchasing this is because I need more coverage. For the price, I thought I wouldn't need to purchase a concealer, but it was necessary for my acne scarring.

Considering the clients i work on are normally 40years plus, this really is a beautiful product for women (or men) wanting low / medium coverage with a skin like finish. The feel is more like a moisturiser going on the skin - a slightly cool sensation - reminding me of the old prescriptives powders of yesteryears.
Don't expect this to cover major issues, but for women and men seeking a product that will moisturise dry skin, you can't go far wrong.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I thought that this would be a fantastic foundation. I was excited about the compact design and the creme formula. The problems that I have with this foundation is that it reminds me of a tinted moisturizer. It feel fresh and soothing on the skin and is light as air, it hardly feels like your wearing makeup, the problem is that it hardly looks like your weearing makeup too. The coverage is lackluster with this foundation and doesn't last but a few hours even with a setting powder. I have tried using a brush (stiffling and foundation) and a sponge and my fingers and I can't seem to work up the coverage so that I can cover my imperfections and that is why this reminds me a tinted moisturizer. If you like tinted moisturizers and don't have a lot to hide with your foundation, I would recommend this, otherwise I am going to stick to my NARS sheer glow.

I think I have a new favorite foundation. I think I have said that before on makeup alley, but this one is perfect for me. My skin is pretty dry and the lady tried this on me in the store. My skin looked brighter and it's pretty moisturizing! It gives me perfect coverage. I have the 190 and the 130 brush and I think they both apply it really well, but the 130 buffs it in better. Overall I love this so much this will be my go to foundation

This is the best foundation I have ever tried for a "no makeup makeup" look . Perfect for a flawless face without looking too made up or too powdery. I'm not too into matte foundation, and this looks like real skin. Its applied better with a brush because when I tried the sponge that came with it, I had to dab and dip many times into the compact before I had enough product get onto my skin. Its light and would work for even summer time but I would perhaps recommend a loose powder touch up as it does melt by the end of a long day.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I am extremely picky about foundation. I was using Studio Fix Fluid by MAC and it was way to cakey and often made me break out. I apply this foundation with MAC's 187 brush it looks like I just airbrushed my face- PERFECTION. I have somewhat dry skin and this just breathes a little bit of moisture into it. It feels very light, not heavy like the Studio Fix at all. My advice would be to throw away the sponge at the bottom immediately- use the 187 brush and stipple/dab the product on it will look flawless (do not swirl, just dab directly downwards on the skin)!
For a full face of foundation I use hardly any product and it gives substantial coverage without looking/feeling heavy. It has a dewey look unless it's set with powder afterwards. (I just use a super cheap translucent powder from NYC at Walmart $2; it works fine, costs next to nothing and keeps the foundation from moving).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I can't get this to work for me, I have pretty dry skin at the moment but still! It looks really good when first applied and feels like a dream! Like a very nourishing moisturizer, then after about an hr it just starts to crease really bad and lift, when I put a bit of blot powder over top for the shine, it cracks and almost migrates. I have tried super buffing with my 182, lightly applying with the 130, using the compact sponge, my fingers you name it...I cannot get it to stay put. Plus I have used MSF natural buffed on top and lightly tapped on top...nothing. Blot powder, studio fix powder, I give up! Oh well onto the next thing....