October 23, 2014 | 1085 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by gossmakeupartist

Considering the clients i work on are normally 40years plus, this really is a beautiful product for women (or men) wanting low / medium coverage with a skin like finish. The feel is more like a moisturiser going on the skin - a slightly cool sensation - reminding me of the old prescriptives powders of yesteryears.
Don't expect this to cover major issues, but for women and men seeking a product that will moisturise dry skin, you can't go far wrong.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Crump360

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought that this would be a fantastic foundation. I was excited about the compact design and the creme formula. The problems that I have with this foundation is that it reminds me of a tinted moisturizer. It feel fresh and soothing on the skin and is light as air, it hardly feels like your wearing makeup, the problem is that it hardly looks like your weearing makeup too. The coverage is lackluster with this foundation and doesn't last but a few hours even with a setting powder. I have tried using a brush (stiffling and foundation) and a sponge and my fingers and I can't seem to work up the coverage so that I can cover my imperfections and that is why this reminds me a tinted moisturizer. If you like tinted moisturizers and don't have a lot to hide with your foundation, I would recommend this, otherwise I am going to stick to my NARS sheer glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I have a new favorite foundation. I think I have said that before on makeup alley, but this one is perfect for me. My skin is pretty dry and the lady tried this on me in the store. My skin looked brighter and it's pretty moisturizing! It gives me perfect coverage. I have the 190 and the 130 brush and I think they both apply it really well, but the 130 buffs it in better. Overall I love this so much this will be my go to foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Smungmung

This is the best foundation I have ever tried for a "no makeup makeup" look . Perfect for a flawless face without looking too made up or too powdery. I'm not too into matte foundation, and this looks like real skin. Its applied better with a brush because when I tried the sponge that came with it, I had to dab and dip many times into the compact before I had enough product get onto my skin. Its light and would work for even summer time but I would perhaps recommend a loose powder touch up as it does melt by the end of a long day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Alyssa2468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First, I am extremely picky about foundation. I was using Studio Fix Fluid by MAC and it was way to cakey and often made me break out. I apply this foundation with MAC's 187 brush it looks like I just airbrushed my face- PERFECTION. I have somewhat dry skin and this just breathes a little bit of moisture into it. It feels very light, not heavy like the Studio Fix at all. My advice would be to throw away the sponge at the bottom immediately- use the 187 brush and stipple/dab the product on it will look flawless (do not swirl, just dab directly downwards on the skin)!
For a full face of foundation I use hardly any product and it gives substantial coverage without looking/feeling heavy. It has a dewey look unless it's set with powder afterwards. (I just use a super cheap translucent powder from NYC at Walmart $2; it works fine, costs next to nothing and keeps the foundation from moving).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't get this to work for me, I have pretty dry skin at the moment but still! It looks really good when first applied and feels like a dream! Like a very nourishing moisturizer, then after about an hr it just starts to crease really bad and lift, when I put a bit of blot powder over top for the shine, it cracks and almost migrates. I have tried super buffing with my 182, lightly applying with the 130, using the compact sponge, my fingers you name it...I cannot get it to stay put. Plus I have used MSF natural buffed on top and lightly tapped on top...nothing. Blot powder, studio fix powder, I give up! Oh well onto the next thing....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This compact foundation is better than the Moisture Blend because it is not so greasy looking on the face, and yet it is very moisturising.
I use the NC25, which I find a bit pale, despite the fact that it matches my skin quite closely. However, I cannot use the NC30 because it is so yellow. The trouble with Mac NC foundations is that they are far too yellow or orangey. I have seen women looking almost a weird yellow green their foundations were so yellow. Their NW by contrast are far too pink. It would be good if Mac could produce a range in between, which would be beige based, rather than pink or yellow.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by shell69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this back in February and had a makeover and the mua used it on me. I loved it when she had done it. She used Skin Refined Zone Treatment under it and 6 hours later it still looked as fresh as it did when she applied everything. I tried it myself a few days later after I had bought the 130. I'm a NW 20 which was slightly more yellow and darker as usual but close enough for me. Well after using it off and on for a few days it just wasnt holding up and after a few hours had started to seperate and looked splotchy. I gave it a try without the SRZ and still the same thing so I returned it and got a refund. Now my search is on again for another foundation :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by tricestar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Went to Mac Counter in Search of some new eyeshadows...when I got there I was talked into trying this Minerialize Creme foundation at first I was against it..I'm A studio fix lover and I felt I was cheating on my Studio Fix powder foundation..so she starts to apply with a 130 brush then sets the foundation with Mineralize skin finish in Dark...when I look at myself in the mirror I was blown away..I look FLAWLESS!!! I hurried up and bought everything she use..I'm in Love..Sorry Studio Fix time to move on. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by mdixonhart

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When the MAC rep put this on my, my first thought was fear and shock. Seriously, it looked like Ben Nye creme cake makeup. He'd put it on with a 168 brush, which didn't help (really, what were you thinking?).

However, I took it home (after attacking myself with TWO clean sponges there to remove excess from my pores - nay, my soul!) and tried it with my 187 brush. So glad I gave it another chance. This, my Mineralize blush and Mineralize powder (both applied with a BE Heavenly Brush) give me flawless skin for 8-plus hours and take less than 3 minutes - important for a mother of two under three.

The key things to remember? The right brush, moisturizer, and blend-blend-blend. :)

Oh, and my skin type is normal and acne-prone. This hasn't clogged my pores at all, and covers acne quite well.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No