October 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so glad I got this I use it with my mineralize foundation and it applies it perfectly. Haven't tried it with liquid foundation yet because I use my 190 for that but I might try it soon. It is a little bit small but I don't mind at all it takes maybe a tiny bit longer but not enough to complain about. I love this brush it's so perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Qu33neY

This brush is my HG!
I absolutely love it. It is very small BUT it does not take time at all when applying liquid foundation.
It applies brilliantly and I can not live without it now.
It is a little on the expensive side 27.00 but hopefull will last a long time!
Only shedded 4-5 hairs!
Overall 5/5! LOVE IT

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

I was hoping this would work for liquid foundation, but I really can't afford to spend 15 whole minutes blending out my foundation with such a tiny brush. I do like it for highlighters and cream blushes though. It might also be useful for blending out concealer over larger areas. The brush seems to be very densely packed and well made. I personally think it is a bit overpriced, and I don't find it very useful for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Michelle1410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I realy love this brush for creamblush.
It's very stif zo its better to spread the
cream on your cheeck . I use to use 188
for creamblush but it doesnt spread the cream
very good after a whil because it is to soft.
And this brush is very stif and very good.
I'm very happy they came out with this.
This is my number 1 stipple brush.
It's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is a very good brush. I've tried it with foundation & it does a very good job. However, it can get a bit prickly & it takes some time because the brush is a bit small (for me anyway). It's 100% better than using the 109 brush for foundation (mine shed like cRaZY!). I prefer to use this for applying cream blushes. I can get a precise application & have more control than a 188 brush. Definitely worth checking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by makeupholism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush just because I am a Mac freak and I have to have all of their brushes. Yeah, I know it's unnecesary, but I have most of their brushes and no, I don't use all of them. Anyway, I bought this one, and I am madly in love with this one. I used to apply foundation with the 190, sometimes the 191 if I was looking for a sheer application, but then the 130 became the one and only for me. I gives you a flawless finish, and you need very little product (I use Studio Sculpt and Studio Tech). Cleaning it is sooo easy, I just spray a little Mac Brush Cleanser, wipe it on a kleenex, and the white bristles are white again! The 190 requires tons of brush cleanser or shampoo/water to clean. I love the fact that it's not too big, so I get to apply concealer with it too. I really want to buy another one, because I think it will be amazing for creme blush too! This, and my beloved 219 brush, are my Mac favorites. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by myluckypenny

It's been a good year since my introduction to REAL makeup, and not the drug store stuff... and I gotta' tell ya' - it's been one hell of a junkie addiction since then...

I own the 187SE, 109, Sephora #55 airbrush, Sonia Kashuk flat top blusher [ergo handle], Ecotools blush brush, Coastal Scents flat top Italian badger brush - and now, the 130...

I dislike the 187 because it doesn't get into the nooks and crannies... and I feel the duo fiber white bristles are too sparse. I have the 109, and I'm not very keen on using natural hair brushes w/ liquid foundation application, although MACs duo-fiber brushes also have natural hairs, but at least there's less? Idk, my reasoning is kinda' weird on that topic... but I digress...

I've used the 109 for liquid foundation, and because it was smaller, it did take longer. Same goes for the 130, but it is actually SMALLER than the 109, so it does take just a bit longer than the 109 does. My Sonia Kashuk Brush is awesome for both foundation and mineral makeup, but I don't like how it takes a long time to dry when washing, so I restrict using that to only powdered makeup/blushes. The Coastal Scents brush is garbage and the main reason I don't like using animal hair w/ liquids - that brush's smell brand new made me not want to put it on my face - let alone throw my MUFE HD foundation in the mix and ruin it with whatever stink/dye is on the brush. The Ecotools blush brush is GREAT for blush - but not so great w/ liquid foundation application unless I pinched the head of the brush to get a more dense effect when stippling/swirling/buffing. The bristles were too flimsy to handle buffing, but it was a great plus that it was synthetic.

I use the 130 to buff out the nooks and crannies where my nose is, but I am MADLY in LOVE with my Sephora #55... I know their brand gets knocked for having poor quality brushes, but the #55 gets SUPER love from me. Even better? It's completely synthetic for you germaphobes out there, so rest assured you will not have unnecessary bacteria on your bristles after washing. [natural hairs are porous, so you really have to clean them well when using liquid products on them...]

Either way, I bought the 130 because it peaked my curiousity and seemed like a nice exotic brush to own, since the majority of the ones I own all have a multi-function that is fulfilled. I use the 130 when there's a special occassion and I KNOW I NEED to look good, so it's just that extra step to look polished. I'd be ECSTATIC if they made a bigger version of this though... because the quality is awesome, and I do like the application it gives. This, and my #55 are my dynamic duo for foundation app. On its own, well... you better have a quick hand or patience... =D

I'm still looking into the 188 since that looks to be the ideal size, and I've decided w/ all of my dabbling in buying brushes from different brands, I'm going to dedicate building my collection primarily w/ MAC brushes - since they do EXACTLY what they say they do... instead of gambling on a crapload of cheap brushes that will be let-down after let-down, which leads me to spend just as much on a fist-full of useless tools.

130: Welcome to my brush collection. I welcome you w/ happy hands and face. I call you "Exotic" because the uses are ENDLESS, but you are primarily for one area of the face and one only for me. It's all in the details, and I'm happy to have you handle them for me. I can't wait to try you w/ cream blushes - especially the NEW MUFE HD Microfinish blush.... I'll update when that happens... <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Maja66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In summary: My go to "nooks and crannies" brush :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by torica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush together with the mineralize foundation and it works great for applying any foundation! It's great for gel-based products like the mineralize/studio sculpt foundation because it's a LOT firmer than the 188/187, so it makes buffing the foundation into your skin oh so easy =)
I usually stipple the product on first and then buff it in.
It's a bit on the pricey side tho- I paid 37 for it, and it's quite a small brush... But I'd gladly repurchase because works sooooo well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

i think im in love...im going to need another one of these...maybe 2...i love this for foundation, powder or blush. i really like the small compact head & like that i can tap and swirl bluch on or really buff fdtn and powder on. i personally like smaller brushes for fdtn or powder rather than large ones becaues i feel i can do my mu more precisely and powder wont get in my hair like when i use bigger brushes. LOVE!