MAC #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

4.4

on 4/11/2010 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Yes its a 40 dollar brush and yes it is amazing....I use it to apply foundation concealer and highlighter....its a wonderful investment and I will be purchasing a second one in case something happens to this one...I'm not sure if its part of the permanent line of brushes but its great....better than the bigger version of it

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely adore this brush! Before I got this I didn't care much for creme blushes and highlighters, but now it's a whole different story. This brush is perfect for applying creme products since it is great at both stippling AND buffing! I have already bought myself a backup, because I don't ever want to be without it:)

on 4/5/2010 7:43:00 PM

I've been on the hunt for a stippling blending brush with a small head and I'm happy to announce that the search is over! I've compared it with MAC 187,188 and Philosophy's Supernatural brush and this beats them all. 187 and 188's longer bristles makes them difficult to control when blending. Philosophy's Supernatural is too densely bristled making it hard to clean. 130 doesn't have those problems and is perfect! Only complaint is the ridiculous price!

on 3/31/2010 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this brush.. The control of this is perfect, its very presice to get around your eyebrows and around the nose. I like it to apply foundation. It works good for both cream and liquid foundations, but the best thing i use this brush for is concealer. It gives the most flawless finish under the eyes. I have dark circles and this is the only brush that hasn't left a cakey look with the amount of product i need to use. I love it!

on 3/30/2010 1:27:00 PM

I'm so glad I got this I use it with my mineralize foundation and it applies it perfectly. Haven't tried it with liquid foundation yet because I use my 190 for that but I might try it soon. It is a little bit small but I don't mind at all it takes maybe a tiny bit longer but not enough to complain about. I love this brush it's so perfect

on 3/29/2010 11:17:00 AM

This brush is my HG!
I absolutely love it. It is very small BUT it does not take time at all when applying liquid foundation.
It applies brilliantly and I can not live without it now.
It is a little on the expensive side 27.00 but hopefull will last a long time!
Only shedded 4-5 hairs!
Overall 5/5! LOVE IT

on 3/27/2010 5:03:00 AM

I was hoping this would work for liquid foundation, but I really can't afford to spend 15 whole minutes blending out my foundation with such a tiny brush. I do like it for highlighters and cream blushes though. It might also be useful for blending out concealer over larger areas. The brush seems to be very densely packed and well made. I personally think it is a bit overpriced, and I don't find it very useful for myself.

on 3/26/2010 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I realy love this brush for creamblush.
It's very stif zo its better to spread the
cream on your cheeck . I use to use 188
for creamblush but it doesnt spread the cream
very good after a whil because it is to soft.
And this brush is very stif and very good.
I'm very happy they came out with this.
This is my number 1 stipple brush.
It's a keeper.

on 3/24/2010 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I think this is a very good brush. I've tried it with foundation & it does a very good job. However, it can get a bit prickly & it takes some time because the brush is a bit small (for me anyway). It's 100% better than using the 109 brush for foundation (mine shed like cRaZY!). I prefer to use this for applying cream blushes. I can get a precise application & have more control than a 188 brush. Definitely worth checking out.

on 3/24/2010 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this brush just because I am a Mac freak and I have to have all of their brushes. Yeah, I know it's unnecesary, but I have most of their brushes and no, I don't use all of them. Anyway, I bought this one, and I am madly in love with this one. I used to apply foundation with the 190, sometimes the 191 if I was looking for a sheer application, but then the 130 became the one and only for me. I gives you a flawless finish, and you need very little product (I use Studio Sculpt and Studio Tech). Cleaning it is sooo easy, I just spray a little Mac Brush Cleanser, wipe it on a kleenex, and the white bristles are white again! The 190 requires tons of brush cleanser or shampoo/water to clean. I love the fact that it's not too big, so I get to apply concealer with it too. I really want to buy another one, because I think it will be amazing for creme blush too! This, and my beloved 219 brush, are my Mac favorites. :)

Top Rated MAC Products