Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Nutty

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 7/21/2011 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Hearing the great reviews of this and loving one of the trios, I picked this up on sale for 94 cents. Cannot rate this too low for that reason. As someone said below, this shadow ended up silver on me, which is strange because it applied bronze. I was annoyed with the bronze color at first thinking it wasn't true to pan color, then I look in the mirror hours later and have flat out silver shadow on! I hate silver shadow lol.

Otherwise it's smooth, pigmented, shimmery, and long wearing. Just not the color I hoped it would be.

on 7/13/2011 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Perfection in a pan. On days when I don't feel like doing anything, I sweep Nutty over my lid, and highlight my browbone with Sugar, apply mascara and I'm on my way.

So soft, it feels so high quality. It was the first of the singles I bought and it was AMAZING, in fact, it still is. It inspired me to buy 2 more singles, and they're just as pigmented.

A staple, always have this around. Look professional with no effort at all. Look fresh and lightly done up in the matter of a minute. Very basic, very classic shadow.

on 7/11/2011 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Like I said in my review for the Brulee eyeshadow, the packaging SUCKS. Any little drop, and the eyeshadow will shatter into a million pieces. That being said, it is a nicely pigmented eyeshadow.

Unfortunately, this shadow is very silvery on me, and isn't very flattering. I'm about NC35, and I'm sure I can make this work if I pair it with the right colors, but at the end of the day, I don't wanna work that hard to make a 3 dollar eyeshadow look good.

I bought mine at Zellers for $2.99 (Canadian)

I am definitely a budget buyer and when I saw the Color icon collection on sale at my local Walgreens I couldn't pass it up. I picked this single up along with Penny and Kitten out of the 3 of them Nutty is definitely my favorite. The pigmentation is wonderful and you get a lot of product for the price. Wet n' wild has seriously stepped up their game!

on 6/21/2011 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I would agree with other reviewers that this is not a dupe for Satin Taupe. I have both and ST swatches more brown and taupe shimmer on me, and Nutty actually pulls a little orange when I apply it. If I just use it on my lid it's fairly taupe, but if I move up into my crease it definitely turns a little orange. I really like this color-it works on my green eyes, it just doesn't apply anything like what it looks in the pan. I've seen it on some youtubers and it looks more silvery/taupey on them than it looks on me. NC30-35 with green eyes for reference. Overall, I do like it and I might repurchase/unsure.

This eyeshadow, along with most Wet n' Wild shadows is buttery smooth and very pigmented. Its got a shimmer, but not glitter. It's such a pretty taupe/brown color and I almost feel like it would fit in right with my urban decay naked palette! It's beautiful. There are two things that I took away a lippie for. I've noticed in the store that many Wet n' Wild shadows seem to have cracked, so I'm assuming, since the shadow is so soft, it is easy to break. Another thing is the packaging is really hard the to open, although it gets easier after the first time, and I'd rather have that then it spilling all over and falling open if I took it in my makeup bag. I honestly think that if anyone is going to look for drugstore eyeshadows, Wet n' Wild is the way to go, and it's one of the cheapest brands! LOVE. :).

on 6/12/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Nutty-Noisette is a great taupe e/s that can double as a brow fill.
No need to spend more.

on 6/12/2011 2:54:00 PM

I know that this is overstated but I had to add my two cents. As an NW45 woc I LOVE Nutty!!! It is such a universally perfect e/s that I can't see this not looking good on all skintones. I have had to hide mine so that I could stop using it. Wearing the same eyeshadow everyday is like wearing the same clothes everyday, I'm wearing Nutty everyday. Ya the packaging sucks but it's 2 bucks. If you want great packaging then go to Dior or Chanel. Just sayin...I hate when people complain about cheap packaging on a $2 product like they're expecting it to be wrapped in gold. It can be depotted. I advise that everyone get this but be prepared to be addicted.

ive had this eyeshadow for quite a while, and dont find myself reaching for it at all. It comes off as a light brown shade with a silvery sheen on my eyes.
I think it would look beautiful on other people, but it just doesnt do much for me.

on 6/12/2011 8:52:00 AM

Beautiful everyday color. I use it alone over my lid when i'm in a rush for work, a bit of mascara and it looks so polished. Love the consistency of these wnw eyeshadows, so soft and buttery and smooth. Definitely recommend...the price is unbelievable for such a lovely shadow.