MAC Pigment - Rose

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

o my goodness. i am in love! i received a sample from a great swapper who knew i loved all things pink and sparkly!! i had never tried a MAC pigment before and now i love them! this is a rose-pink pigment with gold glitter. i use it on my eyes and the color is fabulous! i have hazel eyes and the color really makes them POP! the staying power is excellent. sometimes i mix the pigment with Urban Decay Big Bang eyeshadow and Milani Illusion eyeshadow just to spice things up. after being so impressed with the Rose pigment, now i want to try them all!!

on 7/15/2004 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This *is* pretty, but just not practical for a virtually stay-at-home mom such as myself! I agree with the reviewers who didn't like the chunk & glitter of this pigment. I find it just doesn't blend as well as some of the other pigments I have & love, and the pink isn't that pretty a shade. I would love it if MAC came out with a more finely milled pink pigment that was a soft light rose/pink!

on 7/3/2004 6:32:00 PM

This pigment isn't chunky at all--at least not mine from the actual Pro store. I love this pigment! Blends to varying intensity (like all MAC pigments), but best of all, this solves my "gold" problem of the too-much MAC gold pigments. This one keeps the gold but it isn't so garish because it is muted with plenty of pink.Rose pigment is a long way from Rose shadow, tons more metallic, more purple feeling than the shadow. Worth a try if you fear gold pigment! continued >>

on 6/18/2004 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Rose is one of the most universally flattering pigments IMO. I've used it on a lot of different skin tones and it looks good on everyone. I'm PPP and it's one of my favorite pigment shades on me. Rose is a metallic mauve shade. It's a little lighter than Bare Escentuals Heart glimmer. I had a sample of this pigment and usually I am satisfied with sample sizes but I knew I had to have this in the big size. A whole container will last me for the rest of my life so I doubt I would ever have to repurchase.

on 6/5/2004 2:59:00 PM

Extremely disappointed with this one. The glitters were very chunky, it went all over my face, and made me looked like I got punched in the eye. Just can't work for me, and I'm still trying to get rid of it.

on 5/27/2004 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favorite MAC pigments!

on 4/23/2004 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample of this. It went on very similar to how melon looks on me. I am a GGG asian. I was surprised that the pink doesn't show up as much. It's better applied wet to get the pink to show up, else it shines a lot like melon.

on 4/8/2004 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Something called "Rose" really shouldn't just show up as gold glitter, but that's what this did. I do get some pink when I use it on my nails, but I'd rather have the neat hot pink color in the jar on my face! It looks nice mixed with clear lip gloss, even though isn't the color I was expecting, it's nice enough to keep :)

on 4/6/2004 6:51:00 AM

I love this color. It looks great on my NC 35 skin. I can do so much with this. I wouldnt re buy it because the jar would last me a lifetime

on 4/2/2004 1:02:00 PM

Loved the colour, hated how it looked on my eyes. Too gold for my small Asian eyes! Like others have described before me, this is a medium rose shade with flashes of gold. It looked beautiful in the pot but disappointing when applied. It comes off too easily as well.