October 22, 2014 | 2107 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment - Rose

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2004 5:50:00 PM More reviews by SusanR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This *is* pretty, but just not practical for a virtually stay-at-home mom such as myself! I agree with the reviewers who didn't like the chunk & glitter of this pigment. I find it just doesn't blend as well as some of the other pigments I have & love, and the pink isn't that pretty a shade. I would love it if MAC came out with a more finely milled pink pigment that was a soft light rose/pink!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2004 6:32:00 PM More reviews by redfemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This pigment isn't chunky at all--at least not mine from the actual Pro store. I love this pigment! Blends to varying intensity (like all MAC pigments), but best of all, this solves my "gold" problem of the too-much MAC gold pigments. This one keeps the gold but it isn't so garish because it is muted with plenty of pink.Rose pigment is a long way from Rose shadow, tons more metallic, more purple feeling than the shadow. Worth a try if you fear gold pigment! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2004 12:40:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Rose is one of the most universally flattering pigments IMO. I've used it on a lot of different skin tones and it looks good on everyone. I'm PPP and it's one of my favorite pigment shades on me. Rose is a metallic mauve shade. It's a little lighter than Bare Escentuals Heart glimmer. I had a sample of this pigment and usually I am satisfied with sample sizes but I knew I had to have this in the big size. A whole container will last me for the rest of my life so I doubt I would ever have to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2004 2:59:00 PM More reviews by blueberry17

Extremely disappointed with this one. The glitters were very chunky, it went all over my face, and made me looked like I got punched in the eye. Just can't work for me, and I'm still trying to get rid of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2004 8:37:00 PM More reviews by MsCarma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite MAC pigments!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2004 8:27:00 AM More reviews by she_said_so

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this. It went on very similar to how melon looks on me. I am a GGG asian. I was surprised that the pink doesn't show up as much. It's better applied wet to get the pink to show up, else it shines a lot like melon.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by starbop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Something called "Rose" really shouldn't just show up as gold glitter, but that's what this did. I do get some pink when I use it on my nails, but I'd rather have the neat hot pink color in the jar on my face! It looks nice mixed with clear lip gloss, even though isn't the color I was expecting, it's nice enough to keep :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2004 6:51:00 AM More reviews by maiho12345

I love this color. It looks great on my NC 35 skin. I can do so much with this. I wouldnt re buy it because the jar would last me a lifetime

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2004 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lyssea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loved the colour, hated how it looked on my eyes. Too gold for my small Asian eyes! Like others have described before me, this is a medium rose shade with flashes of gold. It looked beautiful in the pot but disappointing when applied. It comes off too easily as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2004 1:48:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was prepared to hate this pigment. Judging from prior reviews, there seems to be no middle ground on this pigment. It looks beautiful in the pot - a deep hot pink with gold glitter. I was prepared to keep it and look at it even if it was blah on me, it looks that gorge!!!

Anyway... I'm a HUGE fan. A GGG, NC35 with dark brown eyes, I find that this has to be very subtly applied on the eyelids (or else you get that sickly pink eye look or the chinese opera star 'pink racoon eye'). Today, I wore rose over my polished ivory pigment, and it was a pretty faded rose. Another fabulous eye look is rose in the crease and a deep bronze to brown eyeshadow over the lash line!!

I have also tried this pigment on the cheeks, and it shines in this role!! Beautiful golden red!! The party look without looking too over the top!! I am haveing so much success with my pigments, I am beginning to question the role of my NARS multiples in my mu collection....