April 24, 2014 | 1779 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

I have been using this Simple face wash for a while now. I like wash off formulas, but many I have tried have really dried my skin out. This one is the least drying I have tried, it cleans off all the dirt and leaves you really clean. And the best thing is the price - it's so cheap compared to other brands and it lasts for ages as you only need a pea-sized amount.

The only downside is, the lid of the tube seems to get a brownish slime on it after a few months, I assume this is gone off product plus a damp bathroom. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by nnana

I can't decide if this is worth a repurchase. I decided to purchase this because I was curious about all the hype on Simple being the best solution for sensitive skin and stuff (also because my face was becoming a lot more sensitive over the past couple of months), but I'm not sure if this is working out for my skin. While it cleans really well, my cheeks look a lot redder than usual after each wash and if I don't immediately spray on some toner or pat some moisturiser, my face will feel slightly dry. However the scent, if it is detectable at all, is perfectly fine for my snotty nose and it lathers pretty well. Plus, like I've already mentioned, it cleans really well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:20:00 AM More reviews by sammielouisexo

bought this product a few months ago, i bought it because it was cheap and i just needed a face wash at the time. This product wouldn't lather very well and it got really messy, i was really disappointed. It didn't really go very well with my skin either.
I wouldn't buy this again, i'd rather spend my money on Clean & Clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My husband uses this every morning and so far it's the best cleanser he's used, not as drying as many others and affordable. I've started using it too with very good results. For reference, he has dry skin, prone to flaking if not moisturised and I have combi skin, prone to dryness in places because of pimple cream. I like it because it's soap free, not heavily scented and gentle. The only time I now use my Neutrogena wash is to remove the residue of my Ponds Cold Cream, which i need after makeup and sunscreen.
If you tend to wash your face frequently, this might be the one for you.
This is often on 3 for 2 at Boots.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by purdy

I HAVE STRUGGLED WITH BREAKOUTS AND BLACKHEADS FOR YEARS AND THIS CLEANSER IS THE ONLY CLEANSER THAT HAS HELPED MY SKIN LOOK ITS BEST.I'VE USED EVERYTHING FROM MURAD, PEVONIA TO GERMAINE DE CAPUCCINI AND THIS SIMPLE CLEANSER KNOCKED THEM ALL OUT.MY SKIN LOOKS SOOO MUCH BETTER AND I'VE STOPPED WEARING MAKEUP(ALL MAKEUP CLOGGS PORES).THIS CLEANSER IS VERY GENTLE AND EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE.WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING ELSE....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I fell in love with the Simple skincare line last summer when I was in Scotland, and this was the item that started it all. This cleanser is, true to its name and the brand's promises, without fragrance and very refreshing. It is a non-foaming gel that removes all of my makeup without leaving my skin feeling tight, and best of all keeps my skin in pristine condition -- seriously, not a single breakout! Although my heart truly does belong to LUSH skincare in some respects (Fresh Farmacy and Dark Angels work magic on my skin), the Simple skincare line is a beautifully effective and super cheap alternative. The cost is 2.99 GBP for 150 ml (or around $4.40 USD for 5 oz), which is ridiculously affordable. Highly recommended, and I'll be stocking up on my next trip :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I find this product amazing, it contains no perfume or nasty chemicals which i find a massive bonus, plus simple doesn't test on animals which i love.
This leaves my skin clean and soft and doesn't fuel any breakouts, in fact ive been finding ive had less since i started using this.
I love this =]

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by kereo

I'd been trying a lot of different cleansers for my skin, because I kept getting mild breakouts - never full blown acne, but still pretty irritating. I tried Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Olay, and all these others but this is the only cleanser that I find actually works. My skin is quite sensitive, but this Simple gel never irritated it like some other cleansers I used. I noticed a distinct difference after about a week of use, and now I've been using it with great results for months. Straight after using it, my skin feels softer and cleaner. I don't get as many breakouts any more, and if I do it's usually just one or two small pimples, in one small area only and it clears up quickly with some extra help from my Neutrogena spot cream.

I love that this cleanser has no fragrance or soap in it, and the packaging is simple but effective. This has now become a part of my daily skincare routine, and I will definitely repurchase when I run out, although it's quite long-lasting because you only need to use a little bit of gel at a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by fiaii

Good cleaner that is simple. Feels like I am treating my skin well when i use this product. Gentle and effective cleansing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by AnnieJQ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first purchase into the Simple brand, and I think that I shall be purchasing again! To get the best results from the gel, you only need a miniscule amount to make it work- a large amount is certainly not neccesary! I have almost finished the bottle, and I have had it for well over six months, which is a lot longer usage compared to other cleansers. I understand that the product contains no soap- however, the feeling of clean, at least for me, comes from a good lather, which this wash gel does not produce. Overall, this is a very good product that thouroughly cleans your face, and I would consider buying again.