September 3, 2014 | 1511 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by birdlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really simple wash gel that gets the job done. I like how it has very few ingredients and doesn't contain anything unnecessary like perfume. It does have a subtle smell, but it's not particularly unpleasant. The only concern I had was that it has sodium chloride and sodium hydroxide which can clog pores/irritate skin, but so far after having used it for over a week, I haven't had any porblems. It is also a cheap cleanser and you get a lot for the price, it would last you a really long time, you only need a pea sized amount and I find that it does lather up nicely but not too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by BeauMu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have acne on my cheeks. Sometimes cystic but mostly just white heads etc.
This product cleared my skin. I have dry skin and excema and large pores all at once. My skin isn't oily AT ALL...team this face wash with a good diet and you're destined for clear skin.
The product carries a light smell but nothing really other than what the ingredients make up and the texture is watery in consistency. I find a little goes a long way and with the size of the tubes I'd say you have well over a months usage for twice a day application.

Overall, brilliant product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by belle1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using this for 6 months now. I bought this product because I was tired of using a lot of chemicals and harmful ingredients from the high-end cleansers (which only worsened my sensitive skin). This is FANTASTIC!!! It claims to have no harmful ingredients and although it does not lather like normal cleansers, when you wash it off, your face feels so clean and fresh. Not squeaky or tight like other cleansers. Plus BONUS : it cleared up my acne in a month!! i love love this product!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I like this really well :) This is good for sensitive skin, cheap, doesn't smell anything, one of the hardly drying thing I've tried, lathers really well - takes a good while to finish. I like to use this to wash of the rest of my make-up remover (hate having it on the skin), and this gets it off really well and doesn't sting my eyes. Really simple product, but I feel I've found it's uses for me :) BUT this is not my favourite - I like the Aloe Vera wash from Vaseline Intensive Care better because it's less drying than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by gmheels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this Simple Cleanser after finishing my beloved Cetaphil, as a cheaper alternative! So far I am loving it! Dont get me wrong its not amazing, but it is very cheap, removes all my make-up, doesnt dry out my skin and most importantly doesnt break me out. What more can you want from a cleanser? Would recommend to anyone with sensitive, acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

I have been using this Simple face wash for a while now. I like wash off formulas, but many I have tried have really dried my skin out. This one is the least drying I have tried, it cleans off all the dirt and leaves you really clean. And the best thing is the price - it's so cheap compared to other brands and it lasts for ages as you only need a pea-sized amount.

The only downside is, the lid of the tube seems to get a brownish slime on it after a few months, I assume this is gone off product plus a damp bathroom. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by nnana

I can't decide if this is worth a repurchase. I decided to purchase this because I was curious about all the hype on Simple being the best solution for sensitive skin and stuff (also because my face was becoming a lot more sensitive over the past couple of months), but I'm not sure if this is working out for my skin. While it cleans really well, my cheeks look a lot redder than usual after each wash and if I don't immediately spray on some toner or pat some moisturiser, my face will feel slightly dry. However the scent, if it is detectable at all, is perfectly fine for my snotty nose and it lathers pretty well. Plus, like I've already mentioned, it cleans really well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:20:00 AM More reviews by sammielouisexo

bought this product a few months ago, i bought it because it was cheap and i just needed a face wash at the time. This product wouldn't lather very well and it got really messy, i was really disappointed. It didn't really go very well with my skin either.
I wouldn't buy this again, i'd rather spend my money on Clean & Clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My husband uses this every morning and so far it's the best cleanser he's used, not as drying as many others and affordable. I've started using it too with very good results. For reference, he has dry skin, prone to flaking if not moisturised and I have combi skin, prone to dryness in places because of pimple cream. I like it because it's soap free, not heavily scented and gentle. The only time I now use my Neutrogena wash is to remove the residue of my Ponds Cold Cream, which i need after makeup and sunscreen.
If you tend to wash your face frequently, this might be the one for you.
This is often on 3 for 2 at Boots.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by purdy

I HAVE STRUGGLED WITH BREAKOUTS AND BLACKHEADS FOR YEARS AND THIS CLEANSER IS THE ONLY CLEANSER THAT HAS HELPED MY SKIN LOOK ITS BEST.I'VE USED EVERYTHING FROM MURAD, PEVONIA TO GERMAINE DE CAPUCCINI AND THIS SIMPLE CLEANSER KNOCKED THEM ALL OUT.MY SKIN LOOKS SOOO MUCH BETTER AND I'VE STOPPED WEARING MAKEUP(ALL MAKEUP CLOGGS PORES).THIS CLEANSER IS VERY GENTLE AND EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE.WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING ELSE....