October 25, 2014 | 1838 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually found this to be an effective eyeshadow primer! I had a small sample bottle of this that I hadn't used and just thought I'd try it out on a whim. I have oily, acne-prone skin which is pretty uneven, and eyeshadow always looks terrible on me! I've had mediocre results with Urban Decay Primer Potion; it was better than using nothing, but still creased on me.

While UDPP is kind of gel-like, this seems to be more of an opaque product. I applied just a dab of it over my lids which had a little foundation and powder already on them. I then applied just a thin layer of shadow (I'm too scared to put on any more than that!). And 6 hours later, I have very little creasing. I can't believe it! Usually my eyelids crease just from having a little powder from my powder brush, but for some reason, this product works with my skin type.

The downside is that the full-sized product is a bit expensive and the pump packaging is strange for a primer. I literally used just a finger's touch of this per lid. No way would I need even a full drop of it! I think this would be better in a squeeze tube where you could control the amount better. Furthermore, I don't think it would work with everyone's skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Setiva123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this. I purchased it as a primer for my concealer but use it for lids as well.

I use this everyday and it really helps my concealer stay put over all the foundation and eye cream I put on underneath. It has helped keep my bluish/purple circles from peeking out as much by the afternoon. There is a bit of a tint to it which helps the concealing factor as well.

After putting on my many serums and moisturizers I pump some of this out on the back of my hand, use a sponge to dab into it and press it into the skin underneath my eyes gently. After about a minute I do the same with my current concealer-of-the-month and presto! much more staying power than before.

I do agree the pump stinks! Too much product comes out so I do have to be careful with that. All in all, I would repurchase this as it has become a staple for my concealing routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by OpinonA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used different primer and fell in love with this one - the end of the day or night my eye shadow is still in full effect! I'm not an everyday full make up user and this one does not dry out as fast as others... BUT make sure you dont push the pump down too much cause a lot comes out

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this primer, I've been using it for a week and I'm pretty sure it's already HG status for me. I'm very surprised to see negative reviews on here because for me there is absolutely nothing wrong with this product. It is a great primer as well as a FANTASTIC under eye concealer! What's not to love? It is tinted, but the shade is PERFECT for my skin. I imagine if this was not the exact right color for me I might not be such a fan, but I am seriously in love with this stuff. Just great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

best eyelid primer ever!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Not very useful, I find. The SA at Sephora talked me into this saying it was a good primer for the eye as well as an under eye concealer. Hmmmm.....I find the consistency sketchy and therefore it doesn't work that well under my eyes and I definitely don't find it useful as an eye primer. I may try to find an alternate use for this? but basically feel like I threw $20+ down the drain. Not sure how you can mess up an eye primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jjjewels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

They should call this "Stray Don't Stay". Seriously. For something marketed as a primer, it primes NOTHING. I've used UDPP for a couple months as well as MAC Paint as a primer. I got a mini sample of this and wanted to see if it was as good as these. It doesn't even compare. I feel like my eyeshadow creases more with this on.
The only reason I give this a 2 - it's a great undereye concealer. Still not as good as my Maybelline Dream Lumi or Erase Paste.

Save your money and go for UDPP for powder/pan shadows and MAC Paint (not Paint Pot) for creams.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this primer.

It lasts all day and my makeup stayed put.

By evening there was no creasing and my eyeshadow was as fresh and vibrant as when I first applied it in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

well I normally don't have a problem with eyeshadow primers and creasing because I don't really have oily lids? Overall I have dry skin. period. (thats including my eyelids)
But I still wear eye primers to even out the skin tone on my eyelids and just to make the colors last and more vibrant.
But THIS ONE I actually bought because I wanted to use it as an under eye concealer primer.
well it doesn't work.
It creases and gets into my under eye wrinkles really quick. and gathers inside the lines and yeckkk. It doesn't look nice. It just takes more time to put makeup on in the morning.
So now I just use it as an eye primer.
welll....the pump....okay ONE pump is WAYY too much
I use about a half pump? for BOTH eyes.
and since it is tinted, it does even out the skin on my eye lid but its HARD to blend kinda.
so you really don't need much.
overall? its kinda ehhh. I wouldn't get it again. and I wouldn't buy it to begin with unless you don't have much under eye wrinkles and you want to use it as a concealer or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by coldwarkid

Pros: good undereye concealer! Awesome if in a tube.
Cons: packaging (pump version), price, probably not a good primer (LOL)
I saw a youtube video review of this product, in it, the girl said that she didn't know that it was a primer. She actually thought that it's a concealer and she has been using it as a concealer ever since. When I got a mini version of this from Benefit's Big 10, it was one of the products I was most curious about. My undereye circles have always been a problem of mine. I have bad allergies and if I don't use any concealer, it is safe to expect that someone would comment, "Have you been getting enough sleep". I got sick defending that it's a genetic defect. I could get 12 hours of sleep, but my dark circles would always betray me. Anyways that's a long introduction of how bothersome my dark circles are.. so on with the review.
My main purpose of using this is as a primer for my concealer. I figured that all concealers I've used have disappointing results for me. Either because of formulation or Manila's hot weather, or my oily skin. Since the mini version of this is in a tube, it is way easier to apply and less product is wasted. I am very particular with tube products, I never directly dab the applicator on the skin and would prefer using the tips of my finger, after which I would have to spritz the area with an alcohol sanitizer just because I'm super OC about that kind of thing. After a bout of eye infection, I had no choice but to ditch the cream concealer I have been using. Since I could not leave my dark circles uncovered, I resolved to using this product as a concealer, and whaddya know, it is actually most awesome. It stays on all day, doesn't crease, and is the perfect color for my skin. If you're asian and have yellowish undertones, try using this as a concealer instead. I know that I would be deeply saddened once this stuff runs out and I've been hearing horrible stories about the pump version. Anyway, 5 stars as concealer/primer-concealer/tube. As for an eyeshadow primer, no idea. Sorry ladies!