December 21, 2014 | 1609 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by inthiscity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like this product but for the price I can't justify repurchasing. It pumps out way too much product, even trying to only pump 1/2 way. It's just too wasteful. I wish it came in a tube or a jar. I would reconsider if they ever repackage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall I think this is a great product. It works like it is supposed to, my eyeshadow and liner stay put. I find that the application is easy, the fluid itself is thin but dries to a powdery finish. I also like that the product is slightly tinted so it has a concealer like effect to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by sinsin88

This primer really does make products stay. It's tacky consistency is perfect to prime concealer.

I put it on early in the morning and my make up lasts late into the night (I can go out after work without touching up). I have hooded eyes and am prone to eyeshaddow creasing, but this primer stops it from happening.

Tip: only push the pump 1/2 way down! You don't need any more than that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

Compared to the Urban Decay Primer Potion I didn't really find much of a difference except that the Benefit one was a little thicker and concealed my lids for an even look (which I didn't mind). But as far as lasting power, my eye makeup stayed in place throughout the day. I probably wouldn't repurchase this because it cost so much and I can pretty much get the same effect with the UDPP for a few dollars cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually found this to be an effective eyeshadow primer! I had a small sample bottle of this that I hadn't used and just thought I'd try it out on a whim. I have oily, acne-prone skin which is pretty uneven, and eyeshadow always looks terrible on me! I've had mediocre results with Urban Decay Primer Potion; it was better than using nothing, but still creased on me.

While UDPP is kind of gel-like, this seems to be more of an opaque product. I applied just a dab of it over my lids which had a little foundation and powder already on them. I then applied just a thin layer of shadow (I'm too scared to put on any more than that!). And 6 hours later, I have very little creasing. I can't believe it! Usually my eyelids crease just from having a little powder from my powder brush, but for some reason, this product works with my skin type.

The downside is that the full-sized product is a bit expensive and the pump packaging is strange for a primer. I literally used just a finger's touch of this per lid. No way would I need even a full drop of it! I think this would be better in a squeeze tube where you could control the amount better. Furthermore, I don't think it would work with everyone's skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Setiva123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this. I purchased it as a primer for my concealer but use it for lids as well.

I use this everyday and it really helps my concealer stay put over all the foundation and eye cream I put on underneath. It has helped keep my bluish/purple circles from peeking out as much by the afternoon. There is a bit of a tint to it which helps the concealing factor as well.

After putting on my many serums and moisturizers I pump some of this out on the back of my hand, use a sponge to dab into it and press it into the skin underneath my eyes gently. After about a minute I do the same with my current concealer-of-the-month and presto! much more staying power than before.

I do agree the pump stinks! Too much product comes out so I do have to be careful with that. All in all, I would repurchase this as it has become a staple for my concealing routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by OpinonA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used different primer and fell in love with this one - the end of the day or night my eye shadow is still in full effect! I'm not an everyday full make up user and this one does not dry out as fast as others... BUT make sure you dont push the pump down too much cause a lot comes out

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this primer, I've been using it for a week and I'm pretty sure it's already HG status for me. I'm very surprised to see negative reviews on here because for me there is absolutely nothing wrong with this product. It is a great primer as well as a FANTASTIC under eye concealer! What's not to love? It is tinted, but the shade is PERFECT for my skin. I imagine if this was not the exact right color for me I might not be such a fan, but I am seriously in love with this stuff. Just great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

best eyelid primer ever!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Not very useful, I find. The SA at Sephora talked me into this saying it was a good primer for the eye as well as an under eye concealer. Hmmmm.....I find the consistency sketchy and therefore it doesn't work that well under my eyes and I definitely don't find it useful as an eye primer. I may try to find an alternate use for this? but basically feel like I threw $20+ down the drain. Not sure how you can mess up an eye primer.