August 22, 2014 | 1084 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this primer, I've been using it for a week and I'm pretty sure it's already HG status for me. I'm very surprised to see negative reviews on here because for me there is absolutely nothing wrong with this product. It is a great primer as well as a FANTASTIC under eye concealer! What's not to love? It is tinted, but the shade is PERFECT for my skin. I imagine if this was not the exact right color for me I might not be such a fan, but I am seriously in love with this stuff. Just great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

best eyelid primer ever!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Not very useful, I find. The SA at Sephora talked me into this saying it was a good primer for the eye as well as an under eye concealer. Hmmmm.....I find the consistency sketchy and therefore it doesn't work that well under my eyes and I definitely don't find it useful as an eye primer. I may try to find an alternate use for this? but basically feel like I threw $20+ down the drain. Not sure how you can mess up an eye primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jjjewels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

They should call this "Stray Don't Stay". Seriously. For something marketed as a primer, it primes NOTHING. I've used UDPP for a couple months as well as MAC Paint as a primer. I got a mini sample of this and wanted to see if it was as good as these. It doesn't even compare. I feel like my eyeshadow creases more with this on.
The only reason I give this a 2 - it's a great undereye concealer. Still not as good as my Maybelline Dream Lumi or Erase Paste.

Save your money and go for UDPP for powder/pan shadows and MAC Paint (not Paint Pot) for creams.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this primer.

It lasts all day and my makeup stayed put.

By evening there was no creasing and my eyeshadow was as fresh and vibrant as when I first applied it in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

well I normally don't have a problem with eyeshadow primers and creasing because I don't really have oily lids? Overall I have dry skin. period. (thats including my eyelids)
But I still wear eye primers to even out the skin tone on my eyelids and just to make the colors last and more vibrant.
But THIS ONE I actually bought because I wanted to use it as an under eye concealer primer.
well it doesn't work.
It creases and gets into my under eye wrinkles really quick. and gathers inside the lines and yeckkk. It doesn't look nice. It just takes more time to put makeup on in the morning.
So now I just use it as an eye primer.
welll....the pump....okay ONE pump is WAYY too much
I use about a half pump? for BOTH eyes.
and since it is tinted, it does even out the skin on my eye lid but its HARD to blend kinda.
so you really don't need much.
overall? its kinda ehhh. I wouldn't get it again. and I wouldn't buy it to begin with unless you don't have much under eye wrinkles and you want to use it as a concealer or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by coldwarkid

Pros: good undereye concealer! Awesome if in a tube.
Cons: packaging (pump version), price, probably not a good primer (LOL)
I saw a youtube video review of this product, in it, the girl said that she didn't know that it was a primer. She actually thought that it's a concealer and she has been using it as a concealer ever since. When I got a mini version of this from Benefit's Big 10, it was one of the products I was most curious about. My undereye circles have always been a problem of mine. I have bad allergies and if I don't use any concealer, it is safe to expect that someone would comment, "Have you been getting enough sleep". I got sick defending that it's a genetic defect. I could get 12 hours of sleep, but my dark circles would always betray me. Anyways that's a long introduction of how bothersome my dark circles are.. so on with the review.
My main purpose of using this is as a primer for my concealer. I figured that all concealers I've used have disappointing results for me. Either because of formulation or Manila's hot weather, or my oily skin. Since the mini version of this is in a tube, it is way easier to apply and less product is wasted. I am very particular with tube products, I never directly dab the applicator on the skin and would prefer using the tips of my finger, after which I would have to spritz the area with an alcohol sanitizer just because I'm super OC about that kind of thing. After a bout of eye infection, I had no choice but to ditch the cream concealer I have been using. Since I could not leave my dark circles uncovered, I resolved to using this product as a concealer, and whaddya know, it is actually most awesome. It stays on all day, doesn't crease, and is the perfect color for my skin. If you're asian and have yellowish undertones, try using this as a concealer instead. I know that I would be deeply saddened once this stuff runs out and I've been hearing horrible stories about the pump version. Anyway, 5 stars as concealer/primer-concealer/tube. As for an eyeshadow primer, no idea. Sorry ladies!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The pump is a nice idea but if you do a full pump you get way too much product and end up wasting the majority; a quarter pump is really all that's needed. It's difficult to blend, which I dislike as the delicate area doesn't need all that pulling! I also find, that regardless of blending, the product itself creases.
As an eyeshadow primer, it's useless. :(

For something this costly, it's a waste.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I got a mini version of this in Benefit's Full Glam Ahead set that has two other minis with it, a Bad Gal Lash mascara and High Beam highlighter. The Bad Gal lash is one of the worst mascara's I have ever used - the reason I bring it up on this review is because it is part of this set and I have already reviewed in a long time ago. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. For $12 for all three products however, this set is a steal! I don't actually like Stay Don't Stray enough to buy the full size of it because Elf's e/s primer is actually better and ta da . . . it's only $1. This would make a great gift though because it's a great way to try the products and the packaging is irresistible. Benefit packaging is so cute!! I think they spend more money on packaging and paying some really creative people to name their products than the actual ingredients put into their mu because I have yet to find something in their line I truly like.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Dancerbabe303107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product at all. First off it is kind of an expensive product, $26 for a tube. I bought mine in a sample set for $10 with two other mini products. I go to school and have activities through out the day. I have semi oily eye lids so that might add to the issue. I normally apply my make up around 6:40 in the morning and take it off around 9. It is a very think concealer like product. I creases on my eye lids as well. After 6 hours my eye shadow looks horrible! I don't recommend this to anyone! Stick to Urban Decay Primer potion or Too Face shadow insurance!