July 31, 2014 | 1331 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I love highlighters because my skin is really dry and so to bring some life back to my skin, is a big perk for me. This is really gorgeous. It has a mostly neutral undertone but can lean on the golden side, which is ok. I prefer more pink highlighters. For some reason they look more natural on my skin. This is also really easy to overdo. I really love the cute packaging and the price isn't over the top like some highlighters can be. I'd repurchase but it's not my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Joobz2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am loving this highlighter! I bought this on a flash sale site for $10AUD.. total bargain since makeup in Australia is never cheap and this usually retails for $30-40AUD! I hadn't heard much about TheBalm brand but they had such cute packaging and I'm a sucker for nice packaging. About the product, it's a finely milled powder that is a champagne colour that is shimmery without the chunks of glitter usually found in highlights. I like that it is so multifunctional, it can be used as both an eyeshadow and a highlight. I think it could work for all skintones. So if you ever come across it definitely pick it up!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Fiache

If you want to shizzle, then purchase this little bad girl! Mary Lou-manizer is one amazing highlighter. You can also use it as a beautiful eyeshadow. Its buttery smooth and so so rich in pigmentation which gives the most gorgeous sheen to your face. It doesn't feel like a dry powder to the touch, more like a creamy powder. I love how it's not gritty or chunky, it's just as I wish a highlight to look and feel like!
Use it with care and you'll glow like a sun godess! Don't overdo it, or you'll look like a complete goof! It's pretty long lasting, but I think a highlight always needs some kind of a touch-up at the end of the day if you are still rocking your makeup for late nights out!
It's quite fragile since it's so soft and as it was broken when it was shipped to me. I am a NC37-40 and the beige champagne shimmery color suits my warm skin tone perfectly. I think it would suit most of the skin tones out there! Packaging in sturdy plastic is super cute with its retro design. Price is a bit higher for most of the The balm product but you will sure get quality for the price you pay. I adore this product and think everyone should try it out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had had a hard time finding the right powder highlighter for awhile, they all looked too powdery on the skin, were too sparkly rather than shimmery, or didn't match my skintone. Until Mary-Lou! I have read reviews that complain it's too much sparkle/shimmer, but this highlighter is so finely milled it looks creamy on the skin, and quite buildable depending on brush and heaviness of hand. The packaging contains lots of product and the outside is cute, the mirror inside it is nice and big. And it just wears so nicely. HG highlighter for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this, it's a great highlighter and a large eyeshadow! Pigmentation is great, the product is smooth and beautiful. I'm really picky with highlighters since I hate glittery and over the top ones, but this does the job nicely, just be careful not to put on too much. It is a classic gorgeous champagne highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have both highlighter and brozer.
I use this as a highlighter when I want to warm up my skin more.
All I need is a fan brush bc the color is so rich and pigmented.
I bought it for a bit over 10 bucks at Marshalls and I believe it came with a lip gloss which btw is also very rich and moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got this highlighter and i was in love, I couldn't wait to try it out and when I finally did it looked amazing..

However I went out and bought HARD CANDY in TIKI accidentally instead of Hula Hula and guess what..ITS A DUPE

I returned my MARY-LOU MANIZER because the price difference can't be beat and its a pretty good dupe.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

I think I was only initially drawn to this highligher because of the rave reviews, but after using it for awhile, I really do like it and it is becoming my fav highlighter. I either use hard candy dollface mixed into my foundation as a highlighter, or else I will this with a brush just lightly under my eyes, bridge of nose, cupids bow, and a little on my forehead and chin. It really brightens the face, and will take me years to get through because you really only need to use so little. great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've wanted to try a highlighter for a while, but was dubious about ending up with a teenage glitter-ball effect. This was on sale on StrawberryNet at a supercheap price so got it as a low-risk experiment.

At first sight this looks like a gold pinky-champagney pressed powder. This doesn't have visible particles of glitter and applies as a buttery smooth powder which leaves a subtle sheen on skin. Really impressed by the finish of this product. I use it sparingly in winter to give my cheeks a bit of a lift. I have oily skin so don't tend to reach for it in summer so much.

The packaging is cute, but I do wish that it was square or rectangular so it could be more easily stored but it's not a deal-breaker. You get a LOT of product, so while I don't think I'll ever hit pan and need to re-purchase, I'd be happy to buy again to replace it if I lost or dropped it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ShawndyLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a fair, ruddy complexion, and this highlighter really works for me. It is by-far my favorite highlighter. I think the shimmer is perfect and photographs beautifully.