October 22, 2014 | 2066 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Leeleegbb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great highlighter. You also get ALOT of product for the price. I have used this as a highlighter, and on my eyes. it just gives a very nice shimmer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Polydroogie

I loooove highlighters but it's hard to find one that is not glittery or too shimmery. The particles in this one are so small that it actually gives you an amazing glow, like you do have this amazing juicy cheeks.

I have acne prone combo skin and this thing has never broke me out. Not even once. It's such an amazing product!

Nars' highlighters are okay, but if you're looking for the ultimate highlighter without spending a fortune, this one is for you!

I recommend not applying with a brush but with your ring finger and give it a small blend. The product will warm up and it will blend easily that way.

a YAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by trishthecat

Lovely highlighter! Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by LovesPromos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been dying to try this highlighter. Everyone seems to rave about and when I've seen it being applied by YouTube gurus, I HAD to have it. I think we all know that feeling. So when I saw it on sale on hautelook, 50% off, I immediately bought it. And since I would have bought it regular price, I bought 2 to have one on backup. Let me just say, WOW. now, I'm a highlighter fiend, so I can compare it to Dior amber diamond and NARS albatross, Bobbi brown, ETC, but this highlighter gives a whole different kind if highlight. It's not glittery at all but when I apply it, it looks "wet" so it give you a really fresh look. Now I am now a medium skin tone and its awesome on me and it doesn't look like a white streak. It looks fresh and glowy. I think it'll look good on all skin tones. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by ashleysizemore19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite highlighter!!! It's the most beautiful champagne color. It really makes your skin glow and radiate! It's worth every penny. However, the product itself broke quite easily on me, but I don't know if that's a packaging problem or a storage problem. There's not much better than this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by sofibecca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone needs to try this, this is the best highlighter i've ever used! this works for all skin tones and colors. It's also great for sensitive skin like mine. It's noncomedogenic. lasts all day unlike mac. It's also not frosty or glittery. You can use a light touch for a glow or build it up to a very strong highlight. This is such an amazing highlighter, everyone i use it on loves it and wants one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Well, add me to the masses. I have no idea if I "need" a highlighter and honestly didn't really get the idea of it. I had tried a few other ones before but they never seemed like a big deal. Then I committed to try to "get" the idea of a highlighter. I have NARS Copacabana liquid which was the nicest of what I had tried so far, but I came to the conclusion, I may need to try a powder to really check out this highlighter concept (plus I wasn't thrilled with the liquid concept). So after scouring the reviews and checking samples, I opted for TheBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer. I am officially a convert. It went on effortlessly. It didn't look like a strange metallic streak, but I would just catch hints of light reflections...nice light reflections. There is no glitter on my cheeks either. This is a desert island product. You can use it as a highlighter, and eye shadow, a blush (sort of). I am honestly amazed. Now I am still not 100% sold on the use of highlighters. But I am very confident that I chose the right one to start with.

FYI - I am NW20, brown eyes, almost black hair.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best highlighter I have bought yet. Its not glittery or chunky or powdery, its like a beautiful glow. It can look subtle, and it can also look super dramatic if you use a heavier hand. People always tell me how great my skin looks when I have this on. The pale gold shade makes this perfect for cool and warm skintones.

My only gripe with this is I bought it the first I dropped it from my hand onto my desk (like less then a foot) and the pan fell from the package and shattered. Yes, my fault, so I bought another...only this time when I took it out of the package at home the pan was already loose and fell out the second i turned it upside down. It's kind of annoying that this has happened twice to me, but I love the product so much I just deal with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I love highlighters because my skin is really dry and so to bring some life back to my skin, is a big perk for me. This is really gorgeous. It has a mostly neutral undertone but can lean on the golden side, which is ok. I prefer more pink highlighters. For some reason they look more natural on my skin. This is also really easy to overdo. I really love the cute packaging and the price isn't over the top like some highlighters can be. I'd repurchase but it's not my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Joobz2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am loving this highlighter! I bought this on a flash sale site for $10AUD.. total bargain since makeup in Australia is never cheap and this usually retails for $30-40AUD! I hadn't heard much about TheBalm brand but they had such cute packaging and I'm a sucker for nice packaging. About the product, it's a finely milled powder that is a champagne colour that is shimmery without the chunks of glitter usually found in highlights. I like that it is so multifunctional, it can be used as both an eyeshadow and a highlight. I think it could work for all skintones. So if you ever come across it definitely pick it up!