Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love greens and blues and when this color came out, I needed this nail polish in Mint Candy Apple. I tried it on a few times and it looked so pretty! It's not the best summer color but I will definitely be wearing this a lot!

on 2/1/2011 1:59:00 AM

I love essie polishes! To the people who complain about it not being as minty as it "should" be....ummmm the color is clearly visible when looking on the bottle. Kinda don't understand how you would expect anything different. Just saying.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

love love loveee this color, one of the few colors i can wear during summer or winter totally cute for both. Its a neon green that looks like pistacheo ice cream ;) I even painted my own nails with it, and had no trouble with streaks, cant wait to do it in a salon. Obviously its not your typical color so if you dont like a minty color, dont do it!

on 12/16/2010 5:56:00 PM

Nothing against the color, it's just too showy for me. A neon pastel seafoam green. Perfect for a day at the beach in summer.

Great application. Opaque and non-streaky in 1-2 coats.

on 12/7/2010 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I think the colour is a must in my collection, although it is very hard to work with so I have to say no on if I would buy it again. I'm not using it alot and hopefully by the time it is empty I have found a dupe that is better to work with.

on 11/30/2010 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

An overall ugly color.

on 11/17/2010 9:26:00 AM

Liked the colour on this immediately (I`m usually a fall-person with a big love for the vampy ones). It was my first Essie buy, and what a dissapointment.

The formula is very difficult to work with, itīs sheer, but still very thick. This makes application a pain, and after three coats of loooooongdrying polish, you end up with a result thatīs mweeh.

on 11/8/2010 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is so cute! I bought it because it's bright and interesting. However the polish is streaky as heck! When I applied it, I had to put on 3 coats to get an even color. Then that took forever to dry. The polish was also strangely thick.. my other Essie polishes aren't like this. Too bad because it looks so darn good :[

Little tidbit of advice, to even out a streaky coat, apply top coat right after. I use Essie 3 way glaze :]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really don't like this. I had such high hopes and I really tried to make this work. But I can't get the application right. It is so incredibly streaky and thick and bubbly. A complete waste of time and money. So disappointed...

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I bought this nail polish a few years ago and I'm finally down to the last bit of it so I decided today I'd repurchase it. Well I'm glad I had enough in my old bottle to make a side by side comparison and I can tell you, the new mint candy apple is definitely nothing like its older counterpart. My first mint candy apple is exactly what you'd expect it to be, a perfect shade of mint. The new one isn't even remotely close to being mint, it's more of a milky pastel blue. I don't understand why companies change the color formula yet market it under the same name. I had the same experience with Nails inc. and their Porchester square nail polish.
Overall, application was opaque after 2 coats, it's a thicker formula which means after a few uses you'll notice the strings of polish when you take the brush out of the bottle but nothing like a little nail polish thinner can't fix. I think it's still a pretty cool toned blue and it looks amazing paired as a french style manicure with a deeper blue such as wet n wild's color in root of all evil. But for anyone else looking for a nice minty green polish, I'd suggest checking out Pure Ice in the color Home Run 277cp. It's a closer dupe to the original mint candy apple.

Popular Polishes