April 19, 2014 | 1991 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Capecodgirl617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love the color. It's amazingly pretty and pics don't do it justice. I'm tan and this color completes me. Perfect for the spring-summer. Texture is thick and applies uneven with one coat need at least two coats which is normal. Will continue to buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by beibeilei

how thick can this get?! this is the worse nail polish ever! brand new bottle and it's already so thick and gooey. no matter how thick or thin the layer is it's still streaky. 2 thick coats is the way to go but be prepare it will take forever to dry. the color is more like a light blue after application. ugh! so disappointed. will not buy again and probably won't use again. how did this polish get such a high rating??

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm south asian and this looks gorgeous on brown skin! Amazing. It looks really cool and really trendy. If you have brown skin it is worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite nail polish colours. It's my go-to when I can't decide what to wear. The colour is fantastic - a minty aqua - and while some believe it looks best on darker skin, I must respectfully disagree. I am practically see-through and this colour looks amazing on me. My friends are also quite fair and they all adore this shade. So I think it's pretty universally flattering - even better! It's pretty bright though slightly pastel, and I think it looks best on fingers (but I am not big on pastel-ish colours on toes; a totally personal opinion).

The formula is a little thick, but a few polish remover drops in the bottle helps that nicely. Two coats covers perfectly and the wear is pretty good (I think it depends on your base and topcoat as well). I really love the look of Essie bottles but I don't always love their brushes; they can be a bit small. This one isn't too bad though. Price isn't too bad - it's cheaper than OPI at least. And I don't know if it's an exact dupe but I think it's pretty close to the Chanel light turquoise that's, what, $30 for two drops?, and is pretty popular. It's all the same colour family. A good, cost effective alternative, I think.

I get compliments whenever I wear this! Photos don't do it justice - even swatching it on tape at Trade Secrets isn't good enough. You gotta have it on your nails! I was reluctant as hell to buy it because I was so unsure about the colour but I am so glad that I bought it. I already bought a backup!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Reoka

i really like the colour and I just had to buy it when i saw it..
the texture is good,i do need two coats but that's normal.
the colour looks amazing and very unusual,but i think it would look better on darker or tanned skin.
it stays on very well,i can wear it for 5 days with just a little tipwear.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Georgina23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love Essie polishes...but cannot say the same about this one.
The color is lovely but the texture is HORRIBLE...it is so gooey I cannot even begin to describe what a mess it is to apply and not get streaky globs all over...will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by sodenoshirayuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

About two months ago, I randomly got a craving for a mint colored pedicure, and this was the polish that I ended up settling on. Unlike other reviewers, I didn't have any problems applying it and it dried fast enough for my tastes (full disclosure though, I was playing video games afterwards so time flew by, but when I remembered to check my toes it had dried already). As for the color, it's perfect! A lovely matte mint green that dries to a nice, smooth shine that lasted without chipping for two weeks straight!. I love Essie polishes for their quality, and this one is no exception.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cute fun color for a summer mani. Looks much better in person than in pictures. This polish is very thick and hard to apply. It also took over 2 days to fully dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Mint Candy Apple is a beautiful green/blue color reminiscent of turquoise waters in Miami or Korean celadon pottery. I wasn't sure if I'd like this color when I swatched it at the store, but after application, it looks great. I use this mainly for a toe color.

The first layer does go on a bit streaky, but after the 2nd coat, it's good to go. It dries super fast too. Was dry within 30 minutes and I can go about my daily life. Great color for the summer and good alternative to pinks, whites (which I like a lot on tan skin) and my go-to city girl color, black.

Looks great for a retro look or beach sun look.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Lexii15

I absolutely loved the colour of this nail polish in the bottle, and once you have 2 coats on it looks GREAT.
but...
it was SUPER difficult for me to apply this nail polish! it's streaky on the first coat, and totally THICK on the second coat, you have to be very careful.
i wouldnt buy this again because i think that there are products out there that are similar in colour AND are less of a hassle to apply.