April 20, 2014 | 1444 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Crystal9579

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the second best base coat I have ever tried. The only one better is their Toughen Up base coat. This one keeps my polish on my nails for days longer than other brands I have used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by mle35794

This basecoat was pretty good. It didn't completely "anchor" the polish onto my nails for days like it said it would, but it worked better than most other ones I tried (Bonder, I'm looking in your general direction).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2003 5:55:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

OK I have to be in the minority on this one. I often get manicures at a JC Penney salon and the nail techs frequently use this. Quite honestly it doesn't make my manicure last any longer than any other base coat. I find I prefer OPI Nail Envy to this. Not sure why all the hype for this one.
EDIT: I just thought I would point out that I compared the ingredients for Stickey to the Nail Life Gripper basecoat available at Sally's, and they are nearly identical. And you get 1.19 oz of Gripper for $7.99 compared to about 6 bucks for .5 oz of Stickey at most places. So if you like Stickey you might look into the one at Sally's to save a few bucks. However I would also note that both Stickey and Gripper contain toluene and formaldehyde which can be rather hard on the nails.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2003 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

WOW! I seriously wish I would have tried this basecoat sooner! This makes my polish last from 5 to 7 days with no chipping or visible wear......this is amazing stuff! Also isn't very expensive. Everyone should give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2003 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Shells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best base coat that I've ever used. I primarily use it for my toes...I'm bored with my nail polish long before it even thinks of chipping! :D This goes on sale once in a while at Trade Secret for $2 off (which is about $4 I guess) which makes it a great value. I do have some issues with the brush, I've had a couple of tubes where the brush had a tendency to splay beyond repair. Oh well. I love this stuff. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2003 4:16:00 AM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This is the hands-down best base I have ever used. My hands are in water all day long, and normally polish turns into a chipped mess after a few hours. This made my polish last for 3 days without a single chip, which is a feat of astronomical proportions for me. I love it! I will continue to prime with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2003 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Stacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used Stickey basecoat for a number of years now. I haven't found anything else that works quite as well. I won't call it the holy grail because my polish still don't last more than 4-5 days, no matter what I use, but Stickey keeps it on longer than the 2-3 days I usually get out of any other product. I have purchased this at Ulta, Trade Secret, and even Sally's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2003 11:42:00 PM More reviews by face_case

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really does help polish stay on longer. I will definately buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2002 9:32:00 PM More reviews by kimm

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really anchors polish to your nails. Dries very quickly and does what it claims to do.