September 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2004 9:25:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did seem to help my polish adhere longer. A bottle costs about $8 at beauty supply stores. Easy to apply and you can apply polish immediately after.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2004 8:47:00 PM More reviews by doctorsirena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This base coat works great. I use it with Creative Nail enamel and Super Shiney top coat with absolutely no chipping or peeling. My nail polish lasts over 10 days with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2004 12:43:00 PM More reviews by JBGreenberg

This is the best base coat I have ever tried! I carry this w/ me to the pedicure place just in case they donít use this marvelous product. Stickey + Seche Vite= 1 or 2 extra weeks w/ my pedicure. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Rhiannan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Now this base coat is absolutely brilliant.It takes care of chips before they start,like nail colour chip prevention!!You gotta love that after you've just spent the last half hour doing your manicure.I highly recommend this.I sent this to my Aunt in her birthday goodie bag & she loves it too.She's in her 60's with natural nails,& I'm (still in my 30's) with acrylic nails.It's suitable for anyone really.If you want to prolong the life of your manicure you need this in your manicure bag,or in my case,the drawer in the fridge!! :_)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 8:12:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best base coat I have used. Keeps my manicure going about 10 days (and I must have manicured nails per my job description). Dries very quickly, keeps my nails from turning yellow, doesn't dry out like many others. I wish it wasn't so hard to find in my area thought. Only 1 store carried it and they recently stopped carrying Creative Nail products. The search begins again.....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2004 1:18:00 PM More reviews by amichiganfan

This is my all-time favorite (HG) base coat. It really works, no matter what brand of polish I use on top of it. I've noticed that when I don't use it, my favorite top coat (Seche Vite) doesn't work as well. They're a really nice pair. Anyway, I'm very pleased with the performance of this product in extending the life of my manicure, and now it seems to be available at our local Walgreen's, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Crystal9579

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the second best base coat I have ever tried. The only one better is their Toughen Up base coat. This one keeps my polish on my nails for days longer than other brands I have used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by mle35794

This basecoat was pretty good. It didn't completely "anchor" the polish onto my nails for days like it said it would, but it worked better than most other ones I tried (Bonder, I'm looking in your general direction).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2003 5:55:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

OK I have to be in the minority on this one. I often get manicures at a JC Penney salon and the nail techs frequently use this. Quite honestly it doesn't make my manicure last any longer than any other base coat. I find I prefer OPI Nail Envy to this. Not sure why all the hype for this one.
EDIT: I just thought I would point out that I compared the ingredients for Stickey to the Nail Life Gripper basecoat available at Sally's, and they are nearly identical. And you get 1.19 oz of Gripper for $7.99 compared to about 6 bucks for .5 oz of Stickey at most places. So if you like Stickey you might look into the one at Sally's to save a few bucks. However I would also note that both Stickey and Gripper contain toluene and formaldehyde which can be rather hard on the nails.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2003 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

WOW! I seriously wish I would have tried this basecoat sooner! This makes my polish last from 5 to 7 days with no chipping or visible wear......this is amazing stuff! Also isn't very expensive. Everyone should give this a try!