MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 4/19/2010 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this lipstick and my non makeup loving husband actually said this looked nice. He said it looks like my natural lip color. I am an nc40-nc42 and this is the perfect NUDE LIKE shade for me with just the tiniest bit of color to it. I always thought a really nude lip looks weird.

I am NC20 and this stuff is the perfect shade for me. I was looking for something to add just a little pigment to my lips and this does the trick. It brightens up my face and makes me look healthy and alive! There isn't a whole lot of color to it so don't expect something overwhelming. The color does build well with layering. This is perfect for the lipstick shy girl (like myself) My only gripe is it's a tad drying.

on 4/5/2010 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this today, and I am in LOVE. This is totally MLBB. I paired it with Dervish l/l, and can not stop staring at my lips. Now my lips are fairly pigmented, and I am NC 35-37 with extreme yellow undertones. This color is a warm pinky mauve color, and it looked frighteningly dark in the tube. I made myself try it because I am usually a pink l/g girl - SOOOO glad I did, I'm going back tomorrow to pick up a back up!!!

on 4/3/2010 12:20:00 PM

This was kind of a huge let down for me. I am NW20, dark brown, almost black hair, brown eyes. Syrup wasn't my lips but better...it was just my lips. I actually did one lip in Syrup and left the other naked...no difference. I can put chapstick, balm or a clear gloss if I want that subtle shine. Lovely pinky/rosey color, but it looked exactly like my natural lip color.

on 3/23/2010 7:47:00 AM

Rosy, glossy, smooth lips appearing like given by nature alone. That`s the effect achieved with this lipstick. Perfect for pale blondes like me preferring a natural, nude look.
Staying power, however, is far from remarkable. More that of a tinted lipbalm. Would nevertheless buy again.

on 3/20/2010 4:05:00 PM

I'm a nude lipstick gal but everyone needs a red lipstick for the grownup sophisticated look and this is my version of that red lipstick. I know this isn't red. It's actually a neutral pink mauve with a hint of purple that looks very natural. Red lipsticks look terrible on me but this gives that red lipstick wow factor without being overbearing and still looking very natural. I can wear it without any makeup on and my skin doesn't look off. I'm excited to have finally found my "red" lipstick.

on 3/14/2010 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Sorry I'm the minority. Not usually a lustre wearer - I appreciate a good opaque lippie. That's traditionally their purpose. Otherwise, I'd just get a good quality gloss.

I owned Syrup but it was so sheer & not flattering to my NC25 skin tone - not at all creamy. And not at all worth the $AU35. I'd rather just pay less for a Rimmel or Maybelline lippy for the Syrup result.

This product made me stay away from Lustre formulas. =(

on 3/10/2010 5:53:00 PM

One of my fave MAC lipstick colors. It's a great go to color for me. In fact I think I need to buy another tube because I am close to running out.

One of my lipstick HGs.

on 3/10/2010 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Wow, finally an actual MLBB for me! I'm NW15/20, fairly pigmented lips. This is the exact same shade as my lips, but slightly more pink with a tiny amount of sheen/shine. Basically it evens out the color in my lips and makes them look polished. Feels moisturizing, smells lovely. Lasts 2 hours or so on me - about average for a Lustre. Will definitely be buying again!

on 3/8/2010 2:17:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite lipstick. I have had several tubes of this and never get tired of it. It's like my 'go to' lipstick if I'm not sure what I want to wear, this will always look good. Love it!

Popular Lipsticks