MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My very first MAC lipstick! I got this because it was recommended by the MUA as a natural nude color. This is definitely a MLBB shade and it is very moisturizing! I love the scent as well. It does not have the best staying power but it helps if I put a gloss over it.

DUPE ALERT: Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in "Warm Me Up"

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Syrup lipstick has a pretty pink mauvey sheer color. What I like about this lipstick is that it's not drying and looks good on almost any look that I do (whether Im going for a dramatic eyeshadow or neutrals). I think this color looks good on anyone. It is sheer, but its very buildable. Will recommend for anyone looking into buying lipsticks.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this color! Looks great with my natural lip color! Deepens them just enough! This is an everyday color for me! YAY! My new fav!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this colour. It's a pretty pink mauve-y, not too bright perfect for an office look lippie! It's very pretty with or without a lipliner. Very nice with a neutral eye. Totally love the formula it's soft and creamy and doesn't dry out your lips.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Playing around with the Lustre's I came across this beauty. The SA sanitized it for me and it was love at first swipe. When I say I love something, it has to not only be a natural pretty shade, but the texture has to be perfect. I don't like matte, satin or glosses. I like a balmy texture with color pay off. BINGO! we have a winner.

Me: NW20, dark brown hair and eyes. Lipstick: the perfect MLBB! This is a lovely smooth lipstick that makes my lips look exactly what I've always wished for! It is slight pinker and creamier than my natural lip colour and evens out the pigmentation perfectly. This is one of the few lipsticks from MAC that is cool enough for my complexion - I find that many (most) MAC lipsticks pull a bit too yellow/orange/warm on me.

I would wear this every day - except that I found a cheaper dupe! I'm now wearing Maybelline's ColorSensational "Warm Me Up" which is exactly the same colour, only not quite so glossy on. With a clear gloss or balm on top it would be exactly the same! So now I'm going to buy that one from now on. (The wear is exactly the same - both coming off on my drink bottle equally fast...)

But if I hadn't found the dupe, then yes, I would keep buying this one.

Love this lipstick. It brings out the best in my fair, ever so slight olive skin (NC30). I have a friend who intro'ed it to me, however, who is Sicilian and has very olive skin and it looks great on her too. It has a slight violet undertone but it looks natural and elegant at the same time. Not overdone, but it makes me look awake. :) I use it in the morning as my HG lipstick over lip conditioner and I use it to go out at night under MAC glass or another pinkish gloss.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my go to lip color. I can wear this to work or out at night. Not too bright, but not too sheer. I have a lot of trouble finding lipstick that I really like that works for me, but this is it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the first Mac lipstick I ever bought and I am in love with it!!!!! It looks so dark in the tube, but it is actually a very reasonable color. It is also kind of shiny- so it looks like you have a clear gloss on under it. I think that's because its a lustre. I think this color would look good on anyone, because it is very buildable. Thanks for reading!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

it's not a bad color. i got this as part of the BAC to MAC program. a nice neutral...but i think there are better colors out there.

Recommended for Medium Skin