October 21, 2014 | 1259 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by dahnab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for years and probably won't stop. It makes me feel refreshed and clean, keeps away bumps, and removes makeup. I would not use it if you have extremely dry skin or are on Accutane or using a retinoid cream. But if you have mild acne and oily skin, this product is for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ariraven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this cleanser for years and it does a decent job. It doesn't dry me out, helps keep acne under control (I still get a few but not as many as when I am not using this), and removes my makeup. It does not completely clear my face, help with my ginormous pores that are always clogged or even out my complextion. So until I find something that does better than this it will be my go to cleanser.

Active Ingredient:
Salicylic Acid 2%

Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Sweets509

I don't really know why most people dislike this product, It's by far my favorite face wash. This product eliminates my pimples, it gives me a clear moisturized skin. I love it, the only thing I didn't like about is that my nose gets so oily, it's only my nose. I don't know if it's getting oily because of this product, however, I will never stop using it. It smells really good and it's simply amazing. I love it !!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

I wish I could give this product a 3.5. I like the smell, how well it foams, that it takes off all my makeup, and that it keeps breakouts at bay. It's also very easy to find and very affordable. I used it about 5 months and finally stopped because I noticed I was still oily but that I had dry patches. I switched cleansers and my face looks alot healthier now. I'd use it again short-term like to clear up a nasty breakout, but not long-term. This is definitely not for someone with dry skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Been on the search for a good acne wash for ages now. Figured I would give this a try because the price was good and I usually hear good things about Neutrogena's products. Well so much for that. Used this for 2 days and literally could not go any longer than that. First time I used it I noticed that I liked the smell, it smells very clean, it felt nice going on, it didn't burn or anything. Followed with a good moisturizer. Used it both day and night as I had some pesky breakouts and I wanted to see if it would get rid of them. The next day I DID notice a difference. Most of my pimples had gone down and my skin was more balanced. Did the same the next night. Well this morning I used it and literally 15 mins after my face started itching like CRAZY and I broke out in hives on my chin, cheeks and around my jawline. My face is red, irritated, itchy and burning. Had to take a bath to calm it down. My face has NEVER reacted like this to any product I have ever used. It's a shame because it has great packaging, I love the pump bottle, it smells nice and it DID get rid of some of my breakouts but I think it dried out my skin and irritated it too much. I wont be using this or purchasing this ever again. This is the only thing I changed in my routine so I KNOW that this is what pissed my skin off. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ashebrook

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am surprised this face wash does not have a higher rating. I think people often use a product that is not formulated for their skin issues and then blame the product. This product is really designed for a specific skin type: tougher, very oily skin that is prone to blocked pores and blackheads. If that describes your skin, you will really love this product, if not, you will probably find it too harsh. If you are wondering if it is for you, it is inexpensive enough that is certainly worth a try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Possibly the worst cleanser I have ever used! I was looking for a cleanser to help me with my randon acne break outs and thought this would be good. It aggravated my acne and I had breakouts all over my face! It also dried up my skin so bad and left it feeling tight and stretched out. I only used this for about 10 days and have an almost full bottle left.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by sidrahhaque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ughh. Extremely, extremely stripping. This ended up blowing up my acne issues last year. Definitely prefer a milder cleanser to this. It leaves my skin feeling unhealthy devoid of any moisture and elasticity, despite even slapping on a moisturiser afterwards. I'd steer clear of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I have combination, acne prone skin. I need something that keeps oil and breakouts under control but doesn't dry out my cheeks any further. I think this is a really great cleanser!
I use this twice a day (with my clarisonic at night) and the results are stunning. It smells so fresh and clean. It is a gel that foams up very nicely. I haven't had problems, with redness/irritation/dryness etc. My skin isn't as oily, and thanks to the salicyclic acid, no more breakouts! :) The pump dispenser is great. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. People have been asking me what I'm using!
I follow up with my toner and serum and moisturizer, and I'm set! It's so cheap and it works great! Everyone should give this a try IMO. Although now I use it only at night, and a different cleanser in the morning, I'll keep using this. I'm on the third bottle! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by shannycgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll preface this by saying that I think this is a GREAT product given my environment and the fact that I'm exasperated trying to find something that keeps my uncharacteristic flare-ups at bay. I'm in my early twenties and have had a heck of a year dealing with mild acne that I've never experienced, ever. I have very fair, sensitive, skin that is never oily, but not dry either.

- I spend a lot on skincare, not because it's necessary, but because I enjoy spa-grade products - so this, to me, is lower than dirt cheap. That said, there are SO many quality drugstore and pharmacy products that are equally - if not more - effective.
- Currently, the climate where I live is disgustingly humid and leaves you altogether grungy by mid-day. I think this cleanser is effective at refreshing the skin and leaving it squeaky clean.
- Does not remove all makeup. However, I say this with an asterisk as I only use a tinted sunscreen (Skinceuticals) - which it does not entirely remove.
- It's not a miracle worker, but using this as my daily wash in the summer and early fall keeps my skin relatively in check. Every few days, in the evening, I use the Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser for a super deep clean (amazeballs.).
- My skin seems to like medicated washes more than medicated creams and moisturizers, so I'll certainly stick with it.