NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 7/11/2014 4:27:00 PM

Sheer Glow is sheer gorgeous!!! Love the ease in application, color match and coverage. This is not cakey like others have warned... It is smooth and light.

How I applied it:

1. Put small dot of sheer glow (dime size) on the back of my hand
2. Using a damp beauty blender sponge, I dabbed into the makeup and lightly applied to my face in a stippling motion.
3. You can add more or less depending on your preference for coverage.

I wear the shade deauville and I am fair with neutral undertones. My face can get ruddy so I appreciate the amount of yellow in this product.

I also wear Nars torrid blush and it coordinates well with the foundation shade.

DO NOT GET THIS!!!!
I know this foundation is attractive, because of it's brand name and for all the you tubers out there raving about this product, but you must know that this foundation is VERY misleading!

If you have the slightest dry skin, do not get this product. This foundation has the power to cling on to any dry patches you have on your face, however small they are! I have oily skin but the foundation was able to detect a dry patch I did not even realise I had! Not a good look.

This cakes up like NONE OTHER! Not only does the foundation like dry patches, but it also sets quickly into streaks. I have tried the Sigma F40 brush, the Real techniques Buffing Brush, and my fingers but this foundation always looks cakey.

Overall, this foundation is definitely NOT worth the high price! It may look beautiful on video when you see beauty gurus apply it but this is because of the lighting. In person, it looks like you slathered the Sahara Desert on your face with a fork. Do yourself a favour and do not get sucked into the hype like I did. Try it on at a friend's house, somewhere where the lighting will not fool you like in a Nars counter.

on 7/4/2014 1:38:00 AM

My shade is Santa Fe. I have mostly dry skin with some slightly oily areas around my T-zone.

Pros:
- Nice light coverage, buildable to medium coverage
- Long wearing: I'm a sweaty person but this foundation easily lasts over 12hrs
- Easy to blend: whether it be an application with a stippling brush, buffing brush, finger application, it's super easy to blend this foundation

Cons:
- It's a little expensive for my liking

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ugh.

Pros:
- Finally a good color match (Siberia)

Cons:
- Texture is kind of hard to apply, VS the ease of BB creams. I have to be a lot more careful with application or it can be uneven.
- It's so fucking powdery. I have dry skin that I keep well moisturized, but after 6 or so hours my skin feels tight and the foundation is clinging for dear life to every pore. I use a moisturizing primer and treat my skin very gently. This should not be happening to me in the middle of a humid summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I used sheer glow years ago, returned it, and recently decided to try it again but i now remembered why i returned it. I use the color Tahoe which blends well with my skintone but thats where it ends. After about 30min, it settles right into my pores and I feel like its "slipping" off. It doesnt look natural on me and people around me can tell i'm wearing alot of makeup. It just sits on top of my skin. I tried different application techniques such as fingers, beauty blender sponge, and foundation brush but got the same results with all.
Another issue is the packaging. The glass bottle is thick and heavy, and the product spills out easily if youre not careful with it since it doesnt come with a pump.
Definitely returning this again but its a shame since the color was perfect for me.

on 7/3/2014 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to get that product but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I prepped my face with a good primer applied this foundation to a sheer/medium build and set it with translucent powder. Firstly I found my face looking a bit washed out even after contouring, so I applied some pigmented powder as well and the foundation still looked nice on my skin. Only after an hour I noticed the makeup was building up in the pores next to my nose on my cheeks. It looked like it was coming off and it was very noticeable... Then the next day looking at the picture I took from that night, my face looked like a ghost! I looked so washed out... I'm going to take it back tomorrow since is cost $68 from mecca cosmetica then pump $4 extra. Also if it helps I do have acne prone skin but it's not oily and not dry either. I also don't have large pores.

My shade: Mont Blanc (I am M.A.C NC15)

Background: I have been using this foundation for over a year now and it is my favourite one that I have tried so far.

PROS:
* Colour is a good match for my skin tone and doesn't seem to oxidise.
* Staying power is pretty good considering I have an extremely oily T-zone (although I do need to use a primer & lots of translucent powder).
* Decent coverage (I have a lot of redness on my face, especially around my nose and cheeks, and this product covers that up completely) although concealer is necessary to hide any blemishes.
* Doesn't draw attention to dry patches on my skin.
* Doesn't break me out.
* Doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin.

CONS:
* Very expensive in Australia (AUD $68 at Mecca Cosmetica).
* Doesn't automatically come with a pump, which costs an additional AUD $4.

on 6/30/2014 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really love this foundation. I has a solid medium coverage (buildable), a semi-dewy finish and feels light on the skin. It really looks like skin and has a decent lasting power. Sometimes I need to add a little concealer to really red spots, but it mostly covers everything well without looking like a mask. This foundation is good for dry skin BUT not dry/flaky skin. It feels moisturizing and has a glow, so I'm not sure if it would work for oily skin. If your skin is too dry and has dry patches, this definitely clings to those so moisturize well and exfoliate. That and the fact that it doesn't have a pump are my only complaints.
Overall it's a great foundation and I'm so happy I spent the money!

on 6/28/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love looooove this foundation so much! It is brillant for any occasion! It's got great coverage and you only need the smallest amount for a full face so it lasts ages! The only downside for me is price, because I live in NZ, it's $90, and that is just too much for me and other my age. But otherwise awesome product!

So this foundation made me sorta oily and eventually broke me out after two uses. U need to set with powder if u want more long wear. Keep in mind that this is a dewy finish so you arnt going to look matte whatso ever. The only good thing was the colour, the Siberia was my perfect shade, I now use the powder foundation in te same shade and love it

Video Reviews & Tutorials