October 1, 2014 | 1223 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by msluvuly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This NYX palette is one out of eight other palettes that came out of the Runway Collection, in the same collection there are palettes made for certain eye colors. The Champagne & Caviar palette is filled with browns, a shimmery pink, a black, and a white color. I love this palette because it's very inexpensive about $9 + tax, I bought mines at Ulta in Las Vegas, and it's one of the products that I don't have any regrets buying. The only problem that I ran into is that when i use certain colors, there is a lot of fall out. The colors are pigmented, but there are two that look very similar. Overall I love everything about this palette minus the fall out. The packaging is very sleek and i love to carry out with me if I know I'm going to be out all day and most of the night, that way I can transition my make up from day to night. It's worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by nsnhearts13

One of my favorite neutral look palettes! I really recommend this for beginners because you will get all your basic colors. During the school year, i always reached for this palette and it never lets me down. You can create many beautiful looks with this, and quickly too. The shadows blend and work together nicely, the pigmentation is not AMAZING but it is pretty great! Another pro is that the shadows are really soft. I would say they are comparable to MAC eye shadows. Yet this is much more affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by zerimartian

This palette is really good for the price.
-------------
(Numbered L-R, starting from the top row.)
There are 5 matte shadows...:
5- medium brown
7- brownish dusty rose
9- light pink
-------------
The colors definitely show up better when used with a primer/base. Without it, some of the shadows aren't extremely pigmented and two of them look similar (top row, 1 and 4), but for ~$7 you shouldn't be too disappointed! The shadows have a nice velvety/silky texture and I love the variety of neutrals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great overall palette. Great for daytime or smokey nighttime eyes. I recently turned a MAC friend on to NYX and she, like me, now says I would rather spend my money on purses and shoes and just LOOK like I spend a lot on make up:) Great stuff for cheap price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by lexisisbetter

I would buy this pallet a million times. I absolutely LOVE it. It's got everything: matte and shimmer, nudes and naturals, lights and darks. It's amazing. It goes perfectly with my skintone and I am a sucker for anything "neutral" on my eyes. I own all of the NYX 10 eyeshadow pallets and this is by far my favorite. I believe it may even be a HG :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by princess101

This palette is nice, and nothing out of the ordinary. Many of looks achieved with these colors could be done with 8 or even 6 shadows rather than 10. A few of them, while they appear different in the pan, when applied, are almost identical (on me anyway). Don't get me wrong, I do really like this palette. The shadows are pigmented, soft and blend very easily. They are long-lasting and do not crease. I would've like to see a matte cream, rather than white, or perhaps a matte mauve to compliment the browns. Overall, it's a great palette for travel and equally great for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I really like this palette as I am a big fan of neutral shadows. These shadows are probably among the best you can get for a drugstore price. In terms of texture, there was not one single dud in this palette like some of the other palettes I have (from ELF, Maybelline, Revlon, etc.). All the shadows were soft, silky, and easy to blend. The pigmentation is fairly good, though I highly recommend using a primer for these shadows (I'm using ELF's $1 Eyelid Primer and it works well). What I like most about this palette is that it's work-safe, and at the same time, smoky-eye ready. What more could I ask for?

I'm wearing these shadows for the first time today (4th color on the lid, 5th color on the crease, and the matte dark brown for the outer V) and I got several compliments about my eye makeup. That says enough about how pretty the colors are :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ok. Let me start off by saying, due to my age, I no longer look for "color" in eyeshadows. I'm totally neutral and love to enhance my eyes. I've recently been canoodled into purchasing Trish McEvoy powder shadows for a fortune and they are not that great. I came across these NYX colors from lurking on YouTube. Went to Ulta and saw the single shadows, but I opted for this color Palette as I thought it would be a good first purchase to sample.
I don't get the negative reviews. Used these shadows this morning. My eyes look fabulous! I especially like the peachy color and the black! They staying power is teriffic so far. Made up the eyes at 6AM and at 10:30 AM they are still spot on.
I'm going to be purchasing more of the NYX cosmetics for the eyes as the economy is not that great right now and I would rather spend the money on skin care at this point. I truly believe that you do not have to spend a fortune on eyeshadow to achieve a great look--it is all in the application and the tools you have on hand. Also--patience is a virtue and when it comes to eye-makeup we all need a healthy dose of patience!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far, I think I am loving this palette. Its only 9.99 at Ulta and half off right now for a second palette( Hello gray palette are you calling me?) for a drugstore shadow wears fairly well. Day one I put on the second to the left shade which is a shimmery taupe. It got me through a 8 hour day with no creasing in my lid that I could detect and lined the upper lid with the charcoal shade. The liner was still the end of an 8 hour shift with not too much fading.Day 2 tried it with my own version of a eyeshadow fixature-Revlon concealer + face powder and it clung to my lids like a charm. I used the dark brown matte shade as a liner this time and stayed on 8 hours plus. My eyes are a bit sensitive there was some watering at the corner lash line but the liner stayed on pretty well. I like the wide variety of neutrals and taupes, most of which seem to be a subtle shimmer as well as the light pink shade (great for lid/highlighting and blending with another color) with a few nice mattes thrown in The white shade can be used with the dark brown (it came out a silvery taupe on me) .I am more of a daytime person and for the most part have no use for wild shades. I also love the soft feel of the shadows that are almost a dupe for a popular dept. brand . Had been lemming this when I first saw this palette in the early spring and finally broke down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by mishika8487

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE this stuff...It was quite the adventure trying to get my hands on it! I had seen it online/heard about it on Youtube and was really excited to pick it up. However, everytime I went to Ulta, they were sold out! I FINALLY was able to get in on a day when they had shipment come in...and the wait was well worth it.

This is a beautiful palette. The colors look similar in the pan but once applied, there's enough contrast between them to create a very nice, multi-dimensional natural eye. I have been using the champagne color with the darker brown color to create a natural smokey eye for work.

I usually put these over the NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk...although I've been meaning to try it over Yogurt too as I think that'll add a really nice pop of shimmer and color.

Anyhoo, I love this Palette and would highligh recommend it!