August 1, 2014 | 1811 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by lexisisbetter

I would buy this pallet a million times. I absolutely LOVE it. It's got everything: matte and shimmer, nudes and naturals, lights and darks. It's amazing. It goes perfectly with my skintone and I am a sucker for anything "neutral" on my eyes. I own all of the NYX 10 eyeshadow pallets and this is by far my favorite. I believe it may even be a HG :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by princess101

This palette is nice, and nothing out of the ordinary. Many of looks achieved with these colors could be done with 8 or even 6 shadows rather than 10. A few of them, while they appear different in the pan, when applied, are almost identical (on me anyway). Don't get me wrong, I do really like this palette. The shadows are pigmented, soft and blend very easily. They are long-lasting and do not crease. I would've like to see a matte cream, rather than white, or perhaps a matte mauve to compliment the browns. Overall, it's a great palette for travel and equally great for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I really like this palette as I am a big fan of neutral shadows. These shadows are probably among the best you can get for a drugstore price. In terms of texture, there was not one single dud in this palette like some of the other palettes I have (from ELF, Maybelline, Revlon, etc.). All the shadows were soft, silky, and easy to blend. The pigmentation is fairly good, though I highly recommend using a primer for these shadows (I'm using ELF's $1 Eyelid Primer and it works well). What I like most about this palette is that it's work-safe, and at the same time, smoky-eye ready. What more could I ask for?

I'm wearing these shadows for the first time today (4th color on the lid, 5th color on the crease, and the matte dark brown for the outer V) and I got several compliments about my eye makeup. That says enough about how pretty the colors are :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ok. Let me start off by saying, due to my age, I no longer look for "color" in eyeshadows. I'm totally neutral and love to enhance my eyes. I've recently been canoodled into purchasing Trish McEvoy powder shadows for a fortune and they are not that great. I came across these NYX colors from lurking on YouTube. Went to Ulta and saw the single shadows, but I opted for this color Palette as I thought it would be a good first purchase to sample.
I don't get the negative reviews. Used these shadows this morning. My eyes look fabulous! I especially like the peachy color and the black! They staying power is teriffic so far. Made up the eyes at 6AM and at 10:30 AM they are still spot on.
I'm going to be purchasing more of the NYX cosmetics for the eyes as the economy is not that great right now and I would rather spend the money on skin care at this point. I truly believe that you do not have to spend a fortune on eyeshadow to achieve a great look--it is all in the application and the tools you have on hand. Also--patience is a virtue and when it comes to eye-makeup we all need a healthy dose of patience!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far, I think I am loving this palette. Its only 9.99 at Ulta and half off right now for a second palette( Hello gray palette are you calling me?) for a drugstore shadow wears fairly well. Day one I put on the second to the left shade which is a shimmery taupe. It got me through a 8 hour day with no creasing in my lid that I could detect and lined the upper lid with the charcoal shade. The liner was still the end of an 8 hour shift with not too much fading.Day 2 tried it with my own version of a eyeshadow fixature-Revlon concealer + face powder and it clung to my lids like a charm. I used the dark brown matte shade as a liner this time and stayed on 8 hours plus. My eyes are a bit sensitive there was some watering at the corner lash line but the liner stayed on pretty well. I like the wide variety of neutrals and taupes, most of which seem to be a subtle shimmer as well as the light pink shade (great for lid/highlighting and blending with another color) with a few nice mattes thrown in The white shade can be used with the dark brown (it came out a silvery taupe on me) .I am more of a daytime person and for the most part have no use for wild shades. I also love the soft feel of the shadows that are almost a dupe for a popular dept. brand . Had been lemming this when I first saw this palette in the early spring and finally broke down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by mishika8487

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE this stuff...It was quite the adventure trying to get my hands on it! I had seen it online/heard about it on Youtube and was really excited to pick it up. However, everytime I went to Ulta, they were sold out! I FINALLY was able to get in on a day when they had shipment come in...and the wait was well worth it.

This is a beautiful palette. The colors look similar in the pan but once applied, there's enough contrast between them to create a very nice, multi-dimensional natural eye. I have been using the champagne color with the darker brown color to create a natural smokey eye for work.

I usually put these over the NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk...although I've been meaning to try it over Yogurt too as I think that'll add a really nice pop of shimmer and color.

Anyhoo, I love this Palette and would highligh recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by GoddessLaura

I have really been enjoying this eyeshadow palette. There are 10 colors... ranging from white to beige to light brown to dark brown to black. Its extremely versatile and can be used to do eyeshadow for work or clubbing.

Most of the shadows have a little bit of frost to them. And there are several shadows that seem to be duplicated but its not a bad thing because they're pretty colors.

While these shadows aren't quite as good as the NYX singles... they are still very decent quality and the combination of colors makes theis a good and fun palette to have in one's collection.

The packaging is nice and sleek, with a good size mirror inside.

I would recommend this to others and would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this palette for work days or casual days when I don't feel like wearing too much makeup. This really highlights my brown eyes and can be layered or used individually to get all kinds of neutral shades. The texture is silky and blends easily on the eyelids. The packaging is a bit cheap looking, but durable. Would recommend for those looking for a more affordable option in palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by elbz08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just say i am loving this palette right now! All the colors are very wearable and easy to just throw on, i think im going to love this for traveling, a couple of the light shimmery colors are very similar but i love that it has a matte white highlight color, a dark brown crease color and a matte black. It even has a pink! most of the time i have to bring an extra shadow for either liner or a highlight, this seems to have it all. I also love the texture of these, most of them are very pigmented and with udpp they last all day on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

First off, let's remember that this palette is relatively inexpensive. I got mine on sale for $7.50 at Ulta. With that being said, for what you pay... I think it's fab!

Is it as great as Mac or UD? no, not really. BUT if you want something cheap for everyday, that blends well and has staying power then I would encourage you at least try this.

The neutral colors are perfect for work and I virtually use this everyday.