OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

(I'll be reviewing this as its intended purpose as a nail treatment) So I have dry nails that split easily. My nails do a weird internal split where the layers are separated, but rarely come apart. It's more as a result of impact to the nail edge and leaves a white mark and with more hits, the split can work its way down the nail. Working in retail and dealing with metal hangers/clothes, my nails receive a lot of roughing. I don't have the luxury to wear gloves while doing chores/work, so for the price of $16, I expected good results. I think my mistake was asking for a miracle. I'm 100% positive that if I took 1-2 weeks off work and babied my nails with Nail Envy, I'd have great looking nails. But as it is, I can't and my nails have continuously split, even following directions of applying 2 coats the first day and 1 coat every other day. What I can say though is that I did successfully repair a split toenail using nail envy since my toes don't see a lot of action. But for the hands, Nail Evny does the best as it can and I can only say it's better than the Sally Hansen treatment's I've done. So 3.5 stars for Nail Envy and still on the fence if I'd buy more.

on 7/2/2010 3:29:00 PM

been using this about 2 months now & noticed very good results. I was using this because I tend to wash my hands a lot & my nails are weak so they peel a lot when they get to a certain length. I like growing my nails out but hate that they peel, so my mom got me this product & I've been using it & noticed my nails are stronger :) I do 2 coats first then 1 coat every other day for 5 days then i take it off & let my nails air out for a day or 2 then repeat. The bottle still looks like I've never used it so that's a good thing for the price! I suggest this to anyone wanting to grow their weak nails & to make them strong, you will get your moneys worth.

on 6/7/2010 1:32:00 PM

I've been using this for a little over a year now. It has made my weak nails much stronger than ever before but they still break every now and then. I apply 2 coats and then the following morning I apply 1 coat of a shade. I don't apply the color the same day because it takes a while for the 2nd base coat to dry. It last for about a week and allows my color to last just about that long as well. I've tried this on my mom who has weak nails but it didn't work for her so it looks like it wont work for everyone.

on 5/20/2010 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Definitely makes my nails grow faster, and the brush is perfection. I use this as a base coat every single time I paint my nails, and I think it might have helped prevent them turning yellow. The only thing I haven't noticed much is my nails becoming _stronger_, but they weren't very weak to begin with :) Still a great product, it dries quickly and makes me remember to always use base coat.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I do not have very weak nails, but I noticed that whenever my nails grow to a certain length, the sides will like layer/peel or something like that (get what I mean?) so iI tried getting this.
So far I've only used this for 3 days, it seems pretty okay but I noticed it makes my nails look yellow! Other than that, I do not know if it's the vitamins I've been taking recently or was it nail envy, my nails somehow look better? Hm.
I would not repurchase this because my nails do not really need them that much.

on 4/20/2010 5:50:00 PM

Nail Envy protects bare nails like a shield. Its transparent and enhances their natural beauty. It gives a very shiny clean look.

on 4/16/2010 7:42:00 PM

I had been told how wonderful this product was, so I decided to try it. Boy was I disappointed!! I couldn't put coloured polish over top because it wouldn't dry properly and everything chipped off after a few days.
Very disappointing for a product with such a great reputation.

on 4/10/2010 12:52:00 PM

I adore this product, but it turns my nails yellow. Does anyone know why?

on 4/9/2010 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this formula and the Matte formula. They are both excellent. I have hard nails that grow quickly, but have always, always, always peeled and split. This product greatly reduced my splitting and peeling. Very pleased. Bought the Nail Envy for $16 and it came with a free Matte formula, which I use more often as a base coat. The original formula can be used as a top coat, which I use if I start to get a break and it usually does the trick. Really adheres to the polish and prevents breakage.

on 4/4/2010 8:51:00 AM

I've always had strong nails, but recently I had three nails that were continually peeling. Most likely from all the snow shoveling, keyboard typing, and paperwork I did this winter. I tried oils, colorless iodine, no formaldehyde polishes, cutting them short, buffing them down, etc. and they still peeled. Nail Envy Original has done the trick. It was more expensive than I thought it would be $16 at Ulta, but coupons help. I polished all my nails with it and then used some on the tips and under the nail. Every other day, I reapply doing the same thing. So far, so good. The peeling has stopped and I'm seeing new growth without the peeling inching down the nail. I was concerned that Nail Envy would make my nails too strong and easy to break or snap, but I haven't had that issue at all. Glad I saw the reviews on MUA.

Popular Treatments