September 3, 2014 | 956 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First.. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

Second... THIS IS NOT A TOPCOAT OR A BASECOAT!

Now.. Enjoy your lovely HARD nails!

This treatment has enabled me to grow my nails past the quick. You do have to follow the directions of application, but it's easy enough to do to get the nails you want. I have used the Nail Envy Matte and was delighted with the soft "shine" it gave my tips, but wanted to try something a little brighter. I love the shine that this gives my nails all the while moisturizing and strengthening my nails. Just LOVE this one!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by whatever11

i had really breakable nails, they would easily peal back and i just couldnt grow them at all. OPI nail envy SAVED MY LIFE!! i noticed the difference in the strength of my nails after a few days of using it. i use this product as a base coat and a top coat when applying nail polish, and it has really made my nails feel really strong. even after i stopped using it, my nails are no longer like they were before so i havent become dependent on it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by whisper

This product is pretty phenomenal. Nothing else I've tried comes close to working in the way OPI 'Nail Envy' does. I don't even follow the whole 'apply two coats, then one every other day thereafter, then repeat after a week' directions (or whatever it says you're supposed to do). It is just fantastic. Since discovering it about a decade ago, I've bought maybe 5 bottles of it, and I will continue to re-purchase in the future because it delivers on its promise. The only 'negative' thing about this product is the cost (about $16). BUT, it is well worth the price, which is why I hasten to even call it a drawback.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

I feel like this has made my nails thicker and stronger. My nails have not had as much of a peeling or tearing problem since starting to use this. I use this as my base coat and use it maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by karen2829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First and foremost.. this product is not a base coat OR top coat ! This is a nail treatment. Yes, you can use it as either but it is not the intent of this product so please it's not fair to review this product for that purpose.
As a nail treatment, Nail Envy is my HG. I have been using for over 8 years on and off. I have thin nails that break easy. This has helped my nails grow and maintain them. For the first 2-3 weeks. You start with 2 coats on the first day ( lets say sunday ) and then 1 coat every other day until the following sunday. Then take it all off with polish remover and start again. They suggest not using polish during the initial treatment which I agree given all the coats you are going to be putting on to of the polish. For maintenance I use it once every 3-4 days.. or if I have a manicure I use it under my base ( or as my base depending on what's available) They have other formulas with are more problem specific.. I use the original because it's what I am used to. But I suggest start with the original and move on to the problem specific for maintenance.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Nail Envy. My nails seem to benefit from it, and I always regret it when I deviate from my routine. Here is my sandwich: Nailtek Foundation II base coat, then Nail Envy, then Orly Bonder, then my polish, then Seche Vite.

Nail Envy applies beautifully, dries fast and seems to work. Worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by anguyent

My nails are pretty strong so I don't know if it's made a difference with my nail strength. I like the product though, I always use it under my nail polish. Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by blueglitter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

i LOVE this product, my nails feel great with it on and they are stronger, i have really week nails and after using this they already feel strengthened, the packaging is a bit ugly though but the product is good, a bottle will last ages. also when i put this on a dont tend to bite my nails either.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ivegotgold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A couple of years ago I spent all summer gardening without gloves on and after that my nails were always in bad shape. I couldn't get them to grow very long because they would peel and/or break. I like my nails to all be the same length, so when one broke I would have to shorten the rest. With so many nails breaking they were always very short. I tried many different products that were supposed to help but they just seemed to dry out my nails and make them peel horribly. They didn't keep them from breaking either. I finally decided to try OPI Nail Envy after stumbling upon a goodly number of rave reviews for it on some website that was selling it. I apply it according to the instructions, which means two coats on the first day and then one coat on each of the next six days before removing it with nail polish remover and starting over. It has definately toughened my nails up a bit. I notice that when I remove the product I cannot easily bend the ends the way I used to. It is also more difficult to break my nails when I have several coats on. The product does last a while. I can't say exactly how long, but I am nearing the end of my second bottle and have been using the product for about five and a half months. I also apply generous coats each time. I have noticed that a couple of my fingernails do still have a tendancy to peel more than the others, although this is probably due to their previous condition. There is also a limit to how long I can grow my nails before they still break easily and it is not quite as long as I would like, but I doubt there is a product out there that will accomplish that. That being said, this is still the best product I have found. I have this on my nails at all times and will continue to buy this product because it is the only one that has worked for me, and with such great results.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great product. My nails feel a lot stronger when I apply this as both a base and top coat. I let my nails grown out this summer while on vacation and without Nail Envy that would have been impossible. Even the manicurist I had been seeing all summer commented on how strong and healthy my nails looked. Another reason I love this product is that it isn't tinted; so it wont change the colour of your polish (unlike some base/top coats). I'll admit that it's kinda expensive but if used properly you wont regret this purchase. You can probably get a small bottle during the winter holiday season because they tend to have seasonal collections with mini versions of colours and stuff.