December 21, 2014 | 814 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Shorty28799

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nail Envy protects bare nails like a shield. Its transparent and enhances their natural beauty. It gives a very shiny clean look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Babo2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been told how wonderful this product was, so I decided to try it. Boy was I disappointed!! I couldn't put coloured polish over top because it wouldn't dry properly and everything chipped off after a few days.
Very disappointing for a product with such a great reputation.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this product, but it turns my nails yellow. Does anyone know why?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by funmeg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this formula and the Matte formula. They are both excellent. I have hard nails that grow quickly, but have always, always, always peeled and split. This product greatly reduced my splitting and peeling. Very pleased. Bought the Nail Envy for $16 and it came with a free Matte formula, which I use more often as a base coat. The original formula can be used as a top coat, which I use if I start to get a break and it usually does the trick. Really adheres to the polish and prevents breakage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've always had strong nails, but recently I had three nails that were continually peeling. Most likely from all the snow shoveling, keyboard typing, and paperwork I did this winter. I tried oils, colorless iodine, no formaldehyde polishes, cutting them short, buffing them down, etc. and they still peeled. Nail Envy Original has done the trick. It was more expensive than I thought it would be $16 at Ulta, but coupons help. I polished all my nails with it and then used some on the tips and under the nail. Every other day, I reapply doing the same thing. So far, so good. The peeling has stopped and I'm seeing new growth without the peeling inching down the nail. I was concerned that Nail Envy would make my nails too strong and easy to break or snap, but I haven't had that issue at all. Glad I saw the reviews on MUA.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by nishax3

I purchased this product twice and regretted it both times. Its an okay nail strengthener. It could be because of my own nails but, I eat with my right hand all the time [because its tradition or w.e] & I wash my hands constantly & most of the times its my right hand, I've noticed this product made my left hand nails pretty strong, over a course of a month or more :x and my right hand nails are still weak! I wont purchase this product again /:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First.. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

Second... THIS IS NOT A TOPCOAT OR A BASECOAT!

Now.. Enjoy your lovely HARD nails!

This treatment has enabled me to grow my nails past the quick. You do have to follow the directions of application, but it's easy enough to do to get the nails you want. I have used the Nail Envy Matte and was delighted with the soft "shine" it gave my tips, but wanted to try something a little brighter. I love the shine that this gives my nails all the while moisturizing and strengthening my nails. Just LOVE this one!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by whatever11

i had really breakable nails, they would easily peal back and i just couldnt grow them at all. OPI nail envy SAVED MY LIFE!! i noticed the difference in the strength of my nails after a few days of using it. i use this product as a base coat and a top coat when applying nail polish, and it has really made my nails feel really strong. even after i stopped using it, my nails are no longer like they were before so i havent become dependent on it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by whisper

This product is pretty phenomenal. Nothing else I've tried comes close to working in the way OPI 'Nail Envy' does. I don't even follow the whole 'apply two coats, then one every other day thereafter, then repeat after a week' directions (or whatever it says you're supposed to do). It is just fantastic. Since discovering it about a decade ago, I've bought maybe 5 bottles of it, and I will continue to re-purchase in the future because it delivers on its promise. The only 'negative' thing about this product is the cost (about $16). BUT, it is well worth the price, which is why I hasten to even call it a drawback.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

I feel like this has made my nails thicker and stronger. My nails have not had as much of a peeling or tearing problem since starting to use this. I use this as my base coat and use it maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Would buy again.