April 18, 2014 | 1577 users online

Liquid - Boots - Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For someone who doesn't wear foundation, I like this one for occassional and spot use.

It's hypo-allergenic, spf 15, has lots of antioxidants, and comes in a pump!

I don't think it minimizes wrinkles as it says, but I didn't wear a primer under it since it has soooo many cones in it anyway.

Requires oil or MU remover. Haven't worn it on acne-prone areas, so I don't know if it will irritate.

Sorry, don't know enough about colors to comment (I've never had mine done, and just buy what seems to match).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far, I'm really liking this. I can't speak to the staying power or long term wearability, but the coverage is really nice. It is buildable, but would seem to depend on how you apply it, or with which tool. I have only used my fingers so far, but if I try some brushes - I'll edit my review to include that application.
    The coverage of this foundation does an excellent job of evening skin tone and makes a nice palette for me to work with, but doesn't feel or look like a mask.

In terms of color - there isn't a large selection of shades. I am NC20-25 in MAC, and 015 Nude was a perfect match. I thought that New Ivory was going to be my shade, but it really turned a but greyish on me.

My skin feels nice, and moisturized. I think that this would work really well for people with normal to dry skin.

I purchased this at Target for $14.99. I've been trying to find a nice sheer-medium coverage foundation. I had been using ELDW and ELDW Light was really weird and gel-like on my face, so I had to look for something new.

I tried NARS Sheer Glow and just thought that it was like a tinted moisturizer - and for $42, that doesn't make sense to me. I also tried DiorSkin Nude and really liked it. But looking online and reading reviews I started seeing YT vids saying that this was a good dupe for DiorSkin Nude so I thought I would give it a try. So far, I do think it is a good dupe for it - but at a fraction of the price.

OK -EDITI found that it doesn't stay on nearly as well as my usual - ELDW foundation. I'm using the same prep regimen, and same setting powder and my nose is slick in a little bit :(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by cheer992

OH.... MY.... GOD. i use chanel lift lumiere foundation. i have used revlon colorstay, chanel vitalumiere and pro lumiere and nars sheer glow. i want great coverage liquid foundation that doesn't look heavy or feel heavy. i was spending almost $150 on foundation because i was having to combine .5(faience) and 2.0(clair) to match me. the lift lumiere bottles are impossible to judge the amount left and wanted a back up foundation if one day i went to pump it and there was no more.i came here and looked at all liquid foundations and sorted the reviews by rating and this foundation rated highest for foundations that had been rated by at least 15 people. i love love the boots radiant glow concealer pen and i've been using the cleanser and toner, so i figured i'd try it. first, it has a pump(yay!) and the top screws off(more on that later). i pumped the amount i pump of my chanel foundation and noticed it is twice as thick. the coverage is amazing, i used less than half of what i used with chanel, its creamy and didn't feel mask like at all. it covered little spots of hyperpigmentation, covered rosy cheeks- gave me a blank slate of even skin. LOVE THIS! so cheap to try.
    for reference, in mac im nw15, revlon colorstay buff, chanel faience/clair.i bought new ivory in this and it's perfect.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by sdelory

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this!

If you live in Toronto, it's on sale 1/2 price at Shoppers this week. It's light but gives great coverage and there is a fair range of colours to choose from. It's my new favourite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I think I found my permanent foundation. This stuff, is amazing. Flawless coverage (evens out uneven pigmentation.), isn't heavy, blends wonderfully, and is worth the price. I'm very fair though, and couldn't choose between the ivorys. I ended up going with nude, because I'm a bit darker at the moment.

The packaging is luxurious. And I really do recommend trying the shades on, in store. The internet seems to be really spotty with the accuracy of the shades, with this foundation. I can't wait to try more products from this company, and on another note, I did not and haven't broken out!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by bibianchan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is comparable to DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF 25 better than Revlon ColorStay (combo/oil) It covers redness without flakes and being cakey. And it improves my skin, best foundation used so far. However the coverage doesn't last VERY long, but it's acceptable.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaRene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

GREAT foundation, looks amazing. My face is flawless. Great coverage, doesn't take much at all. When I put it on it looks really orangey, I was about to exchange it but after having a friend look at it in the sunlight it blended perfectly. LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I gave this foundation the ultimate test this past weekend. I went out of town and wasn't able to wash my face in my usual manner. I put this makeup on every day and often slept in it..wiping my face with a wet rag in the morning and putting on more! I expected to come home with a face that looked like I was going thru puberty with zits galore..but guess what?! I DID NOT BREAK OUT!! My pores aren't clogged and my skin still looks good! I am completely shocked and deliriously happy to have found this foundation! I bought it at target for about $15 and it was worth every penny. I had used BE MMU for years because I couldn't find anything liquid foundation that didn't break me out. I love how this feels on my skin, this is not a heavy full coverage foundation. This offers light to medium coverage which is just what I needed. The only drawback to this is the color is somewhat yellow for my cool toned skin, but with blending it works fine. This was an awesome find..thank you MUA and BOOTS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by sschroedl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the pump, love the color match, love that it doesn't break me out!
    The texture is very liquid-y, dries to a satin finish, lasts and lasts on me (I powder my nose mid-day for shine). Did I mention that it didn't break me out? :}

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by MILFof3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love this foundation. I have very fair, dry, eczema prone skin. This foundation looked amazing. It dried to a matte finish and covered flaws without making my skin look patchy.

I think I finally found my HG foundation!