October 24, 2014 | 1866 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by lionheartmagick

I LOVE this mascara! Technically I give it 4.5 stars. I've been looking forever for a good inexpensive drugstore brand mascara that doesn't make you Ricky Raccoon by end of day and gives good, rich color while allowing volume. This is my everyday mascara for the past 3-4 months and I will keep buying it! For a long time I was using Maybelline's XXL Waterproof. That mascara is still my fav for the most dramatic look and better lengthening. The only problem is even the waterproof formula would give me dark under eyes by the end of the night and the same goes for the Stiletto waterproof formula. Both XXL and Stiletto work similar for dramatic lashes however.

I love the Waterproof Volum' Express Colossal because you can build the heaviness/drama, NO flaking (I hate flaking as I wear contacts), it curls more as it dries, and the best part is so far, it is one of the best waterproof, lash-curling mascaras I've ever tried. Which is HUGE for me, as I need the mascara not to smudge...ever! Also, I wear contact lenses and this is sensitive enough for them. If someone can recommend a formula to me that is more dramatic for length and volume (like the XXL's etc.) that is as waterproof as this one, please let me know. I highly recommend this waterproof formula!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by eelkennaid226

I love this mascara! Plus for $5? It's a great drugstore product. It's not thick and makes my lashes look fuller and longer. It's not hard to take off too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lilaznkitty11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really have nothing bad to say about this mascara. It doesn't clump and makes my lashes look fuller. The waterproof version is definitely better because it keeps my lashed curled (whereas the non-waterproof version makes them fall down) and it doesn't smudge at all. Not sure about how easily it builds since I usually use one coat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

This is a great mascara! Blackest black and waterproof/smudge proof from 7:30 in the morning to 8:30 at night, even after a gym workout. And surprisingly it's easy to remove as well; some Biore face wash or Shu Uemura facial oil and it comes right off. Highly recommend for the quality and the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by guesses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly this mascara does wonders for my dull straight Asian lashes! I received compliments on how gorgeous my eyes were after using this. I absolutely adore this product other than the fact that it makes my lashes hard and 'crunchy' and it's hard to take off. For some reason, My lashes also fall off when I use this which obviously isn't ideal. I wonder why as this doesn't seems to be a problem for anyone else. It's also strange that other reviewers have commented that this makes their lashes soft..? Ugh, did I get a faulty product? I hope not. Anywho, I'll be testing this out again sometime soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Melis356

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the one Maybelline mascara I haven't loved. I like ones that dry on my lashes pretty instantly. Usually I can blink on a tissue immediately after applying and everything is in place/nothing comes off on the tissue. With this one, there was soo much excess. Too risky to put on and rush out the door to work. I prefer Mayelline's Stiletto and Falsies.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by kristy1234567

Got this in special for $17NZD so pretty cheap. Goes on nicely, no clumping and I like the big brush.
Smudges a bit at the end of the day, usually after I've been riding my horse and sweating.
Can be quite hard to get off, I usually end up with a bit of a "panda eye". Might buy again if its on special

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best, best, BEST mascara I've ever used! For some reason, only the waterproof version of The Colossal rocks it out for me; I tried switching to the washable version and the results were literally like night and day. I lost a ton of the volume, length and thickness I was used to with this version (waterproof) and it seemed like it clumped up a lot easier, too.

What I adore about this mascara? It delivers everything I love in a mascara; volume, thick-looking lashes without clumps, length AND ability to hold a curl. I'll curl my lashes before applying, then again after the mascara has dried & I get a gorgeous, lasting curl that holds all day.

Definitely my HG of mascaras! I always try other brands/varieties and end up right back here :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by lisasuem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best mascara I've ever used. Definitely my HG! It does add a lot of volume to my lashes, and a little bit of length, too (though I think these results are probably more due to the brush than the formula of the product, as I've noticed that it tends to be the brush that ultimately makes the difference). The product itself doesn't really clump at all, so you can add several coats without your lashes getting all clumped together. If you're on the fence, I'd say go ahead and try it. It's a drugstore mascara so you're not out too much money if you're completely underwhelmed by it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Poptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did absolutely nothing for my lashes. It did not thicken or lengthen them at all. I had high hopes for the mascara because it is supposed to be dramatic and I am used to more natural mascaras. I wanted something more dramatic this time around. I also heard good things on youtube. But it was worse than any mascara i have owned in the past few years. The only good thing it did was hold my curl. For the price, it is definitely not worth it. I might give it a 2 if it were cheap...