Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 2/24/2012 11:58:00 AM

THis stuff is good, Not expensive and does what it says it will. It doesn't go a weird grey colour by the end of the day and gives my very pale eyelashes volume and colour. The only problem for me is how hard it is to get off, it can take me about 15 mins to get practically all of it off so will definitely buy it non-waterproof next time.

on 2/22/2012 3:21:00 AM

This mascara holds my curls, does not clump, does not flake, does not melt in extreme temperatures and it really does give quite a bit of volume! It's the best drug store waterproof mascara I've used so far and yes I have tried quite a few haha. I would definitely purchase it again :)

on 2/10/2012 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Pros:
Makes eyelashes look A LOT fuller
Gives length too
Doesn't smudge
Dramatic black

Cons:
It's hell to take off
not organic

More: I would give it a 4/5 if it could separate lashes a bit more (not that it's bad at separating them, just not as much as I'd like)

on 2/10/2012 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this mascara last month, and I really love it. My eyelashes are long already, but with this mascara it does give them the volume. I might buy this again.

on 1/29/2012 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Love it! It holds my curl. Waterproof. Lengthens my lashes.
What more could you ask for from a drugstore mascara?

on 1/25/2012 1:44:00 PM

I was blessed with long eye lashes but like my eyebrows they are very blonde/: I love the Volum' Express Colossal mascara (in Glam Black) because I get a VERY black, false lash look. I once tried to switch to Maybelline's Falsies mascara but that was less than lack luster): so I swithced back. You do have to let the mascara dry out a bit before using because the formula is very runny when new.

on 1/21/2012 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love the longness it gives my lashes..however, the cons are much greater. i find that when i put this on my eye lashes invert..i don't know if its some crazy reaction but my eye lashes actually go inside my eye O.0 it's really strange. Also this mascara smells like gas for a car! It is so strong and just stinks up the whole room when i am putting it on. on the bright side i LOVE the brush, i washed the brush clean and am using it with cover girl lash blast and i'm loving the lashblast with the colosal brush.

on 1/20/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Poker-straight eye lashes are the bane of my existence, but Maybelline Colossal Waterproof holds the curls ALL DAY! I curl my lashes with Shiseido curler, followed by 1 coat of Colossal Waterproof, then another mascara and VOILA!

Before I discovered drugstore mascaras, I was shelling out quite a bit for Dior. After Maybelline Colossal, consider me converted. I've even introduced my mom to this and she LOVES it!. I'll never spend over $20+ for mascara ever again!

on 1/14/2012 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So I bought this mascara as a replacement for Diorshow, as it is $20.. I've heard good things about Colossal and what the heck, since its so cheap I thought I'd try it. Overall I'm not diggin this stuff. It stinks, is messy, makes my lashes HARD & clumpy, and takes forever to remove! Its defiantly not what its made up to be.

on 1/14/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: As the formula gets drier with use, the mascara flakes a lot more. As someone who wears contacts and cannot run the risk of irritating my eyes with flakes, I find this to be disappointing. Also, you get "crunchy" lashes.

This is one of the best mascaras I've tried for the price ($5, Target). I have long lashes, so I bought this for the volume. The wand is very bulky, and if you're not careful, you might make a mess of your upper eyelids. One coat is all I need for a little volume to perk up my eyes. It can hold a curl pretty well, but by the end of the day there was a little smudging. Also, with time, the wand bristles (not rubberized) can get clogged up, which causes clumping and flaking, so you'll have to wipe it on the tube when you use it. Overall, not too bad. Application is kind of a pain but I love the effect.

Popular Mascaras