Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 2/10/2012 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this mascara last month, and I really love it. My eyelashes are long already, but with this mascara it does give them the volume. I might buy this again.

on 1/29/2012 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Love it! It holds my curl. Waterproof. Lengthens my lashes.
What more could you ask for from a drugstore mascara?

on 1/25/2012 1:44:00 PM

I was blessed with long eye lashes but like my eyebrows they are very blonde/: I love the Volum' Express Colossal mascara (in Glam Black) because I get a VERY black, false lash look. I once tried to switch to Maybelline's Falsies mascara but that was less than lack luster): so I swithced back. You do have to let the mascara dry out a bit before using because the formula is very runny when new.

on 1/21/2012 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love the longness it gives my lashes..however, the cons are much greater. i find that when i put this on my eye lashes invert..i don't know if its some crazy reaction but my eye lashes actually go inside my eye O.0 it's really strange. Also this mascara smells like gas for a car! It is so strong and just stinks up the whole room when i am putting it on. on the bright side i LOVE the brush, i washed the brush clean and am using it with cover girl lash blast and i'm loving the lashblast with the colosal brush.

on 1/20/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Poker-straight eye lashes are the bane of my existence, but Maybelline Colossal Waterproof holds the curls ALL DAY! I curl my lashes with Shiseido curler, followed by 1 coat of Colossal Waterproof, then another mascara and VOILA!

Before I discovered drugstore mascaras, I was shelling out quite a bit for Dior. After Maybelline Colossal, consider me converted. I've even introduced my mom to this and she LOVES it!. I'll never spend over $20+ for mascara ever again!

on 1/14/2012 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So I bought this mascara as a replacement for Diorshow, as it is $20.. I've heard good things about Colossal and what the heck, since its so cheap I thought I'd try it. Overall I'm not diggin this stuff. It stinks, is messy, makes my lashes HARD & clumpy, and takes forever to remove! Its defiantly not what its made up to be.

on 1/14/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: As the formula gets drier with use, the mascara flakes a lot more. As someone who wears contacts and cannot run the risk of irritating my eyes with flakes, I find this to be disappointing. Also, you get "crunchy" lashes.

This is one of the best mascaras I've tried for the price ($5, Target). I have long lashes, so I bought this for the volume. The wand is very bulky, and if you're not careful, you might make a mess of your upper eyelids. One coat is all I need for a little volume to perk up my eyes. It can hold a curl pretty well, but by the end of the day there was a little smudging. Also, with time, the wand bristles (not rubberized) can get clogged up, which causes clumping and flaking, so you'll have to wipe it on the tube when you use it. Overall, not too bad. Application is kind of a pain but I love the effect.

on 12/31/2011 11:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Amazing. I love mascaras, as my eyelashes are somewhat straight, I look for something that provides volume and holds a curl. I also really like the natural look, on most days I just apply concealer and mascara and just walk out the door.
I LOVE the brush, when I first opened it there was little mascara residue on the tip of the wand, and it looked like there was barely any product on the wand itself!! But it evenly coated my lashes, didn't add a lot of volume (a bit), but I saw more length from this than volume, which I don't mind. It holds my curl really well, and when used on my bottom lashes there is no flakiness or smudging that occurs!
As with most maybelline mascaras, the formula is more 'wet' when you first open it. I'm not one to coat my mascaras but when I do, it is rather hard with this one to layer coat after coat, it dries quickly and gives my lashes the "hard"/"crunchy" feeling. But as I said before, I do prefer the natural look, which is why I rarely layer.
Overall I love this mascara! I don't often repurchase the same drugstore mascara (because there's SO many to try! :D), but this one will definitely be repurchased in the future

on 12/30/2011 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So for reference I have very straight..pointed down eyelashes so waterproof is always a necesity to hold the curl. This one holds my curl really well. I have it in glam black which is the darkest black. Makes my lashes big and dark. My only issue with mascara is that the formula is wetter than most so it can get messy and also this mascara is no really buildable. But it do want to add more coats don't let it dry first because it will get flaky and clumpy. I pair this with my full and soft waterproof mascara to be able to build since that mascars doe not get hard and cause flaking and clumpinglike this one does if layered. Overall I always seem to go back to this mascara. Its good for the price jut the factor of it getting hard like most waterproff mascaras and not being buildable.

on 12/28/2011 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After 3 months of using this mascara, I'm just about ready to throw this out after this week! I can also say that after 3 months with this mascara, I'm sad I will be parting from it and I will definitely buy more of these in the future!
So yes, right off the bat, I can say that this mascara has def. turned into one of my favorites and maybe even HG mascara! I was recommended by this from my friend a long time ago and I can't believe it took me this long to try it. I have itty bitty short sparse asian lashes, so I look for a mascara that can provide me lots of volume and something that can hold my curl. Seriously, every day that I used this, I had a huuuuuge smile on my face whenever I was applying. I loved the results it gave me! It gave me the volume I needed and a little bit of length AND it held my curl allllll daaaayyy looonnnnngggg! It does everything I look for in mascara!
I recommend this to anyone (esp. asians!) looking for a good mascara that will hold your curl and add a bit of volume and I will repurchase this in the future!