E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.4

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the this product! I have brought it twice, each time in the dark shade.
I wear it every day, it makes my eyebrows stand out and look more natural.
I only use the gel half of this, as I didn't like how adding the powder looked.
Also I find the brush that comes with it to fiddly, so I use the e.l.f studio small angled brush and I get a much better result.

on 2/8/2014 5:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Firstly, I don't have sparse eyebrows, or full eyebrows. It's in between. Not too thick and not too thin. I guess just your average brow. But this eyebrow kit is great for making your brows look naturally perfect. I used to use the makeupforever aqua brow, but after a while a saw a decrease in the overall appearance of my brow, and it would look too fake/filled in. But the elf brow kit's gel really works when enhancing natural brows. It gives very natural definition but lets your brows shine through. Initially I thought the powder was too light, but now I like to use it in the inner portion of my brow for a soft fade in.

on 2/1/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product. It's safer to go lighter if you're deciding between two colors.

on 1/28/2014 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was my first foray into brow "makeup" and I have to say, I'm not 100% sold on this one, at least not in the shade I purchased...

I am among those who are making an effort to leave my brows alone and go for the fuller look. For so many reasons, a fuller brow does A LOT for your face. It balances your features, acts as a frame for your eyes and gives a more youthful appearance. Putting down my tweezers, in combination with Ardell Brow & Lash Accelerator, has made a big difference for me in the last few months.

I bought this to use to intensify the brows I have and to polish them up slightly, not to fill in empty space. I purchased the kit in light, which as far as the shade goes, is a perfect match for my light brown eyebrows. The tone, however, is waaaay off! My eyebrows are a little on the ashy side and the light looks really warm. The contrast between my brows and the creme is very obvious. Even though I like the way it darkens them up, in certain lighting, it looks orange. The powder does help to tone the brassiness down slightly, but not enough to make the overall look passable for my hair color and skin tone. It's really too bad because if not for the color being off, this would be a ten! Now onto the good stuff...

I love the creme portion and how easily it goes on. I first used a spooly brush to get all my hairs going in the right direction and used the enclosed brush to lightly layer the creme on top. It is SUPER layerable too, so unless you get really heavy handed, it's near impossible to apply too much at a time. Since I am not using the kit to fill in holes, but to darken and groom my look, the weight of the creme and the mode of application are perfect.

Incidentally, I had my mom try this out and even though she does not have reddish hair either, it looked way better on her than me. I am giving this three lippies because I think if I get the right shade, I will be in love. I was on the fence between the ash and light; next time I will by the ash. The price is great and I love the brush and mirror. The overall look of the compact is nice and simple, which I really appreciate.

on 1/24/2014 6:24:00 AM

LOVE THIS for natural looking brows. I use the gel with a thin angled brush and small strokes. The powder is for extra sparse spots. The color is perfect. Looked good when I had black hair and when I had medium brown hair with blonde highlights. Sometimes I use the power to contour my nose and cheeks too. It has a cool gray undertone that mimics a natural shadow. Such a steal!

I really didn't like this kit. ELF don't seem to cater for very dark brows (mine are darkest brown, slightly darker than Clinique's Brown/Black brow pencil). Using the Dark brow kit they looked really obvious. Also, the wax and powder are such different shades its a joke. Part of the problem lies in the website colours which are notoriously 'off'.

on 1/23/2014 1:16:00 PM

Love this stuff! I don't suggest using the brush that comes with it though. Spring for an angle brush.

on 1/23/2014 1:19:00 AM

This is by no means a bad product, but it's just not for me. I bought it in the shade "Light" a long time ago and just recently dipped into it again to try to use it up, and I remembered why I moved on from this. Now I use Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash, which is my HG brow product.

So I can't help but compare the two when I'm using the Elf brow palette. It has its good points as well as not-so-good, but it stands to reason that the $3.00 product doesn't hold up against the $20 one. That said, I think there are more than a few Elf products that aren't just great for the price, but just outstanding products. To me, Elf's brow kit is just great for the price. So if you're on a budget, definitely give it a whirl. It works great for a lot of people.

I think the concept makes sense. You use the gel for definition, and use the powder to set it and soften the look. What I don't get is that the gel and powder in Light are two very different shades, the gel being much darker. The second thing I don't like (and which happens to be my pet peeve when it comes to brow products) is that the gel color is just too warm. Instead of a neutral brown color, it's got a reddish-orangey tint. It's passable, but just doesn't work the best for me.

The brush in the compact is crap, but that's no surprise. I use the Elf Small Precision Brush to shape and fill in the the gel, then go over it with the powder using the same brush. I feel like I really have to dig into both products with that brush. It's not a case of "a little goes a long way" here. Neither one are very pigmented. The powder is also very dusty and sheer, so it's hard to even get it to stick to anything, but I've been able to make it work.

All in all I get decent-looking brows from this, just not really polished brows like I want. It's still better than nothing. I have to mention that I've got funky brows that I have to totally reshape when I'm doing them, so I have high-maintenance eyebrows. If you have decent eyebrows and just need a little help, this would probably work great for you.

on 1/19/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

On any given day, if I'm wearing makeup, I will be wearing this. It is such a staple, and has been for almost a year now. I have it in dark, and it is perfect for my brunette brows. I have always had brows that are thick and nicely shaped and have never had to do more than tidy them up with tweezers, so I have never had thin areas... but as I get older my eyebrows are suddenly more sparse and need a little boost. This stuff gets them back to how they used to be.

The wax is a good consistency and colour, and instead of applying it with the double sided brush provided I use either a brow brush or a small, firm ecotools shadow brush. I then apply the powder using the fluffy end of the double sided brush provided (that end of the brush is very good quality) and it sets the wax and makes the whole look more soft and natural. It does not budge and lasts all day. Even when I got caught out in a drenching torrential rainstorm it did not run.

The packaging is simple, sturdy, looks attractive and has a small mirror which is perfectly useable for doing your brows with. You get plenty of product in the pan. The brush provided is good enough, though as already stated I prefer to use others when applying the wax. It fits easily into any small bag.

When writing reviews I often say that yes, I would buy this again if I ran out, and while I am never exaggerating if I state this, I have to say that this is the one product I absolutely would not be without. It is quality, inexpensive, simple to apply, and when I use it on my brows it gives me a natural yet more put together look - sometimes it is the only cosmetic I apply.

I kind of love this stuff! I use a different ELF small angled brush though. I have dark brown/black hair and the medium shade worked perfect for me. If I had to complain about anything it'd be the brush that it came with doesn't really grab the powder and also the base is a little waxy so you may need to apply a second layer. But like I said in the beginning, I love it! and its a great price.

Popular Brows Products