Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 (2009 formulation)

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6.6%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl 4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Boron Nitride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, PPG 12/SMDI Copolymer, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Silica, Soymilk Powder, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Quaternium 90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Aluminum Starch, OctenylSuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Disodium EDTA, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P Cresol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides, Fragrance

on 11/9/2009 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Great stuff! I have fairly dry skin but have problems with foundations making me feel oily or causing my to break out. I have never had a problem with this product doing that. I like how it provides good coverage, but it is not so heavy that you can't see my natural skin underneath. I've had some foundations so heavy my skin looks flawless like a doll. While it's nice to hide imperfections, who wants to look overly perfect? I think this foundation is great for a nice, fresh, natural look.

I bought this yesterday and so far I like it alot. My face is very oily, but it doesn't make it more oily and it looks natural. After trying all of the lightest shades in Ulta of the nondrugstore foundations, I was not able to find one light enough for my super pale skin, so I decided to give this a try scince the lightest shade matched my skin almost perfectly. It had really good coverage and it was very light weight. I wish it had a pump though, when i first tried dumping it out on my hand, it got everywhere! So far I like it, but It comes off really easily, I might have to try some other foundations before I make this my main one.

on 8/11/2009 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had been happily using Neutrogena's 'Visibly Even' foundation, but with the change in their product line (aaarrg), I had to make a change. I decided to try this foundation, and was so disappointed! While the coverage is good, by the middle of the day my face shines like an oil slick - and this on a 54-year- old, fairly dry mug! I am so disappointed in you, Neutrogena! You can do better than this.

on 6/21/2009 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using the original Healthy Skin liquid formula for many years now. Started using it due to other products breaking out my sensitive skin. It worked well and actually improved my skin with daily use. For the last couple of weeks I've been using the new Healthy Skin formula in Fresh Beige. It was a nightmare trying to find a shade that wasn't too yellow or ghostly white.The shade selection is really horrible. Still haven't found one similar to the Rose Cream I used to use. After 4 shades, several breakouts, and dry skin patches, I'm moving on to another makeup brand. It's really not the quality it used to be.

on 6/21/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this daily and I really like it. It matches my skin tone really well(which is amazing cause foundations never do!). I have acne/redness issues, and when I wake up in the morning, I hate looking in the mirror at my skin. After applying this foundation, the redness is completely hidden and acne much less noticeable. It's great coverage and lasts all day. I wear it when I play sports and get sweaty(even when it's really hot out) and it never runs or smears. I have a small bottle, and I didn't think it'd last too long, but I've had a century and I've got half a bottle left. I use it and I will keep using it.

on 4/25/2009 12:28:00 AM

I was on the hunt for a good DS foundation since I could no longer afford my beloved Lancome. I remember trying the old formulation of this years ago and never repurchasing. But I thought I'd give it another try. I'm around an NC 30 with normal to combo skin and bought this in, I believe, Natural Beige. Pros: Did not clogs pores or cause any breakouts. Lasted all day. Did not feel heavy. Good coverage. Didn't accentuate any fine lines or pores. It did accentuate some flakiness though. Cons: Color selection. Yes, I could get away with wearing this shade but I felt it washed me out a bit. It was yellow toned yet a bit ashy if that makes sense. The shades lighter were too pink and the next warm toned color was too dark. Also, it gave me a greasy t-zone. Packaging - It would be nice if it had a pump. Lastly, it wasn't very blendable. The only way I could get a flawless finish is with a sponge which as we all know wastes more product. Overall, it was an okay foundation. If you could get a good color match and don't mind taking some extra time to blend then it might be worth a shot. I'll probably finish using this but I won't repurchase.

on 4/16/2009 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First makeup I ever used, started using it since I was 16 and am now 30, just truly loved the way it made my skin look and feel, loved that it was oil free and non pore clogging. I dont know what they did to it but is no longer the same and not for the better. Makes my face shine like a light bulb 2 hours after applying an just looks very runny, also the new bottle has a very large opening and just causes a mess if to much comes out. They have ruined a good thing was fine before, I'll have to start looking for a new foundation....

on 4/4/2009 9:34:00 AM

I've been using the new formula for about a week now. Immediately I was concerned that it doesn't say "oil-free" or "non-comedogenic" on the bottle. (The old one did). So far I'm fairly satisfied but it does seem a little more oily going on my skin. I've been putting some powder over it to get rid of the shine.

on 4/1/2009 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Edit: After a week or two, this causes breakouts.

Onward.

This does not oxidize and won't cause breakouts.

Me: Scots Jewish Cherokee, almost 40. Acne probably since birth. Rosacea. Skin that is Irritated by most makeup and sunscreens. In a profession that demands a 'polished' look. (So all that airy fairy glittery, sheer stuff is out.)

They finally made makeup for me. This is fantastic.

If you are very pale but not pink, getting older, acne-prone and allergic to everything and slightly oily, this is the foundation for you. This lasts, makes your pores smaller, doesn't oxidize, is pale enough even for us very-pale-but-slightly-yellow folk, and has good coverage and texture, even on slightly 'ahem' older skin. It also lasts through heat, humidity, wind and even hail.

Oh, and have I mentioned it won't make you break out?

"I could have danced all night....I could have danced all night...."

Wear this with Almay's Line Smoothing Powder, which also doesn't oxidize and won't break you out. Yowzah.

on 3/30/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Okay. I must admit that when they discontinued my Visibly Even Foundation I thought I would have to switch to another brand of foundation all together, but!, I decided to give this one a whirl. Thank goodness I did! I remember trying the old formula and not loving it completely...i think the old one made me break out...so i was a bit scared to try this new one but after I read the ingredients list it seemed okay.
It has a medium coverage, really does help improve your skintone and lasts a long time! I can actually go through an 8 hour work day and I still feel that the coverage is almost as good as when I first applied it in the morning! The only other brand that does that for me is Vichy's Dermablend (which i like on a day that I want more coverage).