Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 8/2/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Works great, nice colour, very matte.

on 8/2/2011 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is without a doubt my favorite red lipstick right now! I've tried countless MAC, NARS, Chanel, Lipstick Queen, NYC, etc. reds and this is my favorite of them all. It's not as cool as some blue-based reds or even those alleged "true" reds. Compared to my former favorite, NARS Jungle Red, Really Red is more pigmented and warmer, almost with a pinch of brick in it. It definitely suits my warm/yellow coloring better than Jungle Red, which was a tad too pink.

on 7/29/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The colour is a lovely bright matte red which I love. Not a fan of shiny lips on me. It is very pigmented so when I'm feeling a little shy I just dab it on and rub my lips together which I like because it's not overly obvious. I apply just a small amount of lip balm underneath it and then dab the colour on so it's not too drying. I wanted Ruby Woo but heard this was a really good dupe so I got it. I was a bit skeptical because it looked dark in the tube but it applies lighter. It has pretty good staying power and I don't find myself reapplying much unlike MAC lustres! It's not that dry surprisingly and applies really well and smoothly.

As for the packaging, I wish it was more like the Colorburst lipsticks because the tube just looks so much better.Oh and the lid has a little clear window in the top of the tube so you can easily see the shade through it. So that's helpful but for me, it makes it look cheap.

on 6/14/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful true red lippie. Even though it's matte, it's not drying if you put lip balm on first. I have lt-med Asian skin with yellow undertones. Really Red makes my teeth look whiter and gives the pin-up girl look tho sometimes the red is a bit too bright. I use a slightly deeper red liner to outline my lips because Really Red is a bit bright by itself. great staying power too.
EDIT: Viva Glam I is what I wanted Really Red to be-a smidge deeper red that suits my yellow undertones better and gives the perfect Pin-up girl lips!

on 5/23/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! I've always wanted to try a red lipstick...and although I can't wear this on its own because it is SO pigmented and bright red, I love wearing it as a stain. I'll first apply it like I would any other lipstick, swiping it across a good number of times...then blot until I get the desired stain effect. BEAUTIFUL...I love it. Such a bright, summer flush to the lips!
The packaging is simple and sophisticated, and I love that it has no smell/taste (unlike the colorburst lipsticks!).
The pigmentation and overall quality is superb! And all I had to pay was 5.99~what a steal!

on 5/14/2011 4:31:00 PM

Most people like myself are quite reluctant to wear bold colours like red however Really red has a cool red tone to it thatís not too much in your face and suitable for most skin tones. It goes on quite thick however it can be a bit drying so make sure you moisturise your lips really well before applying this.

this lipstick is my perfect red lipstick! =) i am NC40 and this just looks glamorous on my lips :) its not flaky on the lips, its moisturizing, its a coral red shade that i think suits every skintone and i would definitely buy this again.

on 4/25/2011 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This lipstick pulls very warm red on me : ( Not as flattering as pink reds or a cool blue red. The pigmentation is wonderful, the formula is creamy fading to matte as it dries on your lips. Decently moisturizing, or at least it doesn't dry out your lips. This will be a great product for people who can pull of neutral/warm toned reds.

on 4/11/2011 3:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

AUSTRALIAN REVIEWER: An absolute love of mine. Such an amazing red colour, highly pigmented and very easy to work with. It is long lasting and doesn't feel gritty or thick like a lot of other matte finished lipsticks can. I would absolutely repurchase.

on 4/10/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

All I can say is that I'm in LUV! This is the red that I've wanted every red to be! It's a very rich red with just the right mix of brown and orange undertones and it goes on like a dream! Doesn't need a liner and it holds up well. For $5 at WalMart, you can't go wrong. All of my other red lipsticks are history!

Popular Lipsticks