September 21, 2014 | 1877 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick Really Red [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Raeoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AUSTRALIAN REVIEWER: An absolute love of mine. Such an amazing red colour, highly pigmented and very easy to work with. It is long lasting and doesn't feel gritty or thick like a lot of other matte finished lipsticks can. I would absolutely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kycowart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say is that I'm in LUV! This is the red that I've wanted every red to be! It's a very rich red with just the right mix of brown and orange undertones and it goes on like a dream! Doesn't need a liner and it holds up well. For $5 at WalMart, you can't go wrong. All of my other red lipsticks are history!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by whitenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

THE PERFECT RED.

i use it during the day and it doesnt look harsh. i love how instantly it makes me feel glamorous. i just curl my lashes, put on mascara, a dab of blush and this really red lippie and im good to go. the matte finish is just right. perfect for any skin tone, i guess. i have tan skin and it looks good on me. my friend who has a lighter skin tone tried this and it also looked good on her. another HG for me:)

it has staying power. it doesnt dry my lips (but that's with the help of my lip balm sometimes).

at night during work, i get compliments in the office for being so bold for using this. extra glam points:) they say i rock this color and that it's decent enough to be used at work. i love it.

got this one on sale. what a find. im so excited to go out and purchase more of this. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

HG red lip for me! Nc20, pale/freckles, light auburn hair, neutral to warm undertones. The first time I put this color on, I fell in love. It is a gorgeous, 40's glamourous and pretty lipstick. It doesn't have a strong yellow or blue undertone to it, so it is perfect for us neutrally toned girls. I also tried Fire and Ice, but that one looked ghastly one me because of the blue undertone to it. This red is perfect. It looks very dark in the tube, but does NOT apply that way. The matte formula is fabulous. It completely covers. I don't even need to apply a lip liner with this one for it to apply evenly on my lips. You definitely need confidence to wear this one though because it is a strong color.This lippie is definitely wearable for daytime, every day sort of use though as well. It's not a dark vampy red, nor a bright red (like Kiss Me Coral) so all you need is a light application of eye makeup and clean skin and your makeup will look nice without being too much or costume-y. It's a very sophisticated color, does not look cheap at all. I really like this one and recommend it highly! Also only $5 at Walgreens, so no regrets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a Caramel 400 in ColorStay and a NC40. This product is gorgeous on me. I feel so glam with this lipstick. The texture is amazing, too- it doesn't bleed, smudge, or transfer. I have hour-long classes and I only reapply it after lunch during the whole day, which is more than I can say for every other lip product I wear to school. The color stays beautiful and vibrant and with a little lick or Vaseline can be blotted to a stain but stays put otherwise. No unflattering undertones that yellows teeth or ashen skin. This lipstick is pure perfection. I hope Revlon never stops making this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by michirondelle

The. Perfect. Red.

Yes, I've said it. I'm Asian, so my skin has some rather yellow undertones even though I'm fairly light (MUFE HD 117). Although blue-based lipsticks make my teeth look awesome, they also tend to make my skin look sallow and sickly. I also can't wear corals or orangey-reds because they make me look darker than I care to be. I wanted a matte red lipstick, reminiscent of 1940s Hollywood glamour but most of the offerings in stores both high-end and drugstore were far too bright and not accurate enough.

So when I read that the makeup artists on "Mad Men" used Really Red, I was sold. I definitely contemplated between buying the Revlon lipstick or MAC's Russian Red, but the fact that this lipstick was only a third of the price of Russian Red pulled me in. And I'm definitely glad that I didn't shell out the extra ten dollars!

Really Red has a great matte finish that isn't drying and lasts for a LONG TIME. I'm talking four hours before a touch up at the bare minimum. I think that it is a "warm true red" if those things exist. Pink toned skin could definitely work this lipstick as well, but it is very dramatic and I think that a sheer wash of the product would suit cooler tones best. The pigmentation is very nice and buildable, but two coats leave the best color result. All in all, I love this product and would definitely repurchase it, especially considering that I only paid $6.99 at ULTA.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by xheni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally got the confidence to wear red lipstick out and about, and after a long and exhausting search I've found one I love! Other Revlon reds pull pink on me, but this is true to it's name, Really Red. It's not pink or orange. It can cost between $8-$9 at a drug store, but it's $5 at Target or Walmart. That's a steal for such a high quality product (especially if you find a Revlon coupon too).

It can be drying, but it's a matte lipstick so duh. In my opinion matte reds are much easier to wear. Maybe it's b/c they look more crisp and less sloppy. Maybe b/c they're true to that vintage look I'm trying to emulate. I always get compliments when i wear this, and I've been asked if I was wearing Russian Red before haha. I own Russian Red as well and I truly feel this is comparable. If you're contemplating Russian Red but don't want to shell out the cash give this a whirl first, you get more lipstick in the tube than mac, and for 1/3 of the price ($5 vs $14.50). Don't get me wrong, I do love Russian Red as well.

The packaging is really sleek and classy looking too, it's black and silver and matches the great quality of the product. I'm collecting red lipsticks and Really Red is the one I wear the most. My boyfriend loves me in red lipstick, and I feel like a pin up when I wear this. Overall it's a great product for an incredibly cheap price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a red (not orange - not wine - not brown) red - as in bright, vibrant, true red lipstick. After reading reviews here for various reds, I decided on this one. I am so incredibly disappointed :-( This is as ORANGE as orange gets. Just an ugly off burnt orange color. I had to double check that I bought the correct lipstick, and it is - Revlon Really Red Matte. I tried applying several different ways - to plain lips - with moisturizer underneath - with gloss over the top - with moisturizer and gloss, and finally overtop a layer of concealer, then a layer of foundation. Nothing. No luck. Everything I did made it an ugly peachy orange color. I was hoping for a bright, vibrant blue based RED. And that is NOT what this is for me. Overall a bitter disappointment. The search continues unfortunately.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Now this is a RED lipstick! I couldnt quite get it to work on me yet, but I just love how red it is. Im in the process of buying a lip brush for this so I can control the consistency. For the price & the fact that Im not going to be using this everyday, I think it's worth it. It goes on real nice and isn't drying at all! Im lookin forward to trying more lipsticks in this line. I wasnt into revlon lippys for a while, but after this lipstick, it made me excited to try more. Definately one to pick up from their line. I had to go through 3 drugstores just to find this one, so I think that says something about it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

A beautiful tomato red on my lips (: non drying even though its a matte lipstick. I feel this is more appropriate for daytime wear versus my Russian red from Mac. This one has more staying power too and I find myself reaching more for this one, funny how we find ourselves reaching for drugstore over high end sometimes. HG!