Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 5/23/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! I've always wanted to try a red lipstick...and although I can't wear this on its own because it is SO pigmented and bright red, I love wearing it as a stain. I'll first apply it like I would any other lipstick, swiping it across a good number of times...then blot until I get the desired stain effect. BEAUTIFUL...I love it. Such a bright, summer flush to the lips!
The packaging is simple and sophisticated, and I love that it has no smell/taste (unlike the colorburst lipsticks!).
The pigmentation and overall quality is superb! And all I had to pay was 5.99~what a steal!

on 5/14/2011 4:31:00 PM

Most people like myself are quite reluctant to wear bold colours like red however Really red has a cool red tone to it thatís not too much in your face and suitable for most skin tones. It goes on quite thick however it can be a bit drying so make sure you moisturise your lips really well before applying this.

this lipstick is my perfect red lipstick! =) i am NC40 and this just looks glamorous on my lips :) its not flaky on the lips, its moisturizing, its a coral red shade that i think suits every skintone and i would definitely buy this again.

on 4/25/2011 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This lipstick pulls very warm red on me : ( Not as flattering as pink reds or a cool blue red. The pigmentation is wonderful, the formula is creamy fading to matte as it dries on your lips. Decently moisturizing, or at least it doesn't dry out your lips. This will be a great product for people who can pull of neutral/warm toned reds.

on 4/11/2011 3:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

AUSTRALIAN REVIEWER: An absolute love of mine. Such an amazing red colour, highly pigmented and very easy to work with. It is long lasting and doesn't feel gritty or thick like a lot of other matte finished lipsticks can. I would absolutely repurchase.

on 4/10/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

All I can say is that I'm in LUV! This is the red that I've wanted every red to be! It's a very rich red with just the right mix of brown and orange undertones and it goes on like a dream! Doesn't need a liner and it holds up well. For $5 at WalMart, you can't go wrong. All of my other red lipsticks are history!

on 3/26/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

THE PERFECT RED.

i use it during the day and it doesnt look harsh. i love how instantly it makes me feel glamorous. i just curl my lashes, put on mascara, a dab of blush and this really red lippie and im good to go. the matte finish is just right. perfect for any skin tone, i guess. i have tan skin and it looks good on me. my friend who has a lighter skin tone tried this and it also looked good on her. another HG for me:)

it has staying power. it doesnt dry my lips (but that's with the help of my lip balm sometimes).

at night during work, i get compliments in the office for being so bold for using this. extra glam points:) they say i rock this color and that it's decent enough to be used at work. i love it.

got this one on sale. what a find. im so excited to go out and purchase more of this. :)

on 3/10/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

HG red lip for me! Nc20, pale/freckles, light auburn hair, neutral to warm undertones. The first time I put this color on, I fell in love. It is a gorgeous, 40's glamourous and pretty lipstick. It doesn't have a strong yellow or blue undertone to it, so it is perfect for us neutrally toned girls. I also tried Fire and Ice, but that one looked ghastly one me because of the blue undertone to it. This red is perfect. It looks very dark in the tube, but does NOT apply that way. The matte formula is fabulous. It completely covers. I don't even need to apply a lip liner with this one for it to apply evenly on my lips. You definitely need confidence to wear this one though because it is a strong color.This lippie is definitely wearable for daytime, every day sort of use though as well. It's not a dark vampy red, nor a bright red (like Kiss Me Coral) so all you need is a light application of eye makeup and clean skin and your makeup will look nice without being too much or costume-y. It's a very sophisticated color, does not look cheap at all. I really like this one and recommend it highly! Also only $5 at Walgreens, so no regrets.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I'm a Caramel 400 in ColorStay and a NC40. This product is gorgeous on me. I feel so glam with this lipstick. The texture is amazing, too- it doesn't bleed, smudge, or transfer. I have hour-long classes and I only reapply it after lunch during the whole day, which is more than I can say for every other lip product I wear to school. The color stays beautiful and vibrant and with a little lick or Vaseline can be blotted to a stain but stays put otherwise. No unflattering undertones that yellows teeth or ashen skin. This lipstick is pure perfection. I hope Revlon never stops making this.

The. Perfect. Red.

Yes, I've said it. I'm Asian, so my skin has some rather yellow undertones even though I'm fairly light (MUFE HD 117). Although blue-based lipsticks make my teeth look awesome, they also tend to make my skin look sallow and sickly. I also can't wear corals or orangey-reds because they make me look darker than I care to be. I wanted a matte red lipstick, reminiscent of 1940s Hollywood glamour but most of the offerings in stores both high-end and drugstore were far too bright and not accurate enough.

So when I read that the makeup artists on "Mad Men" used Really Red, I was sold. I definitely contemplated between buying the Revlon lipstick or MAC's Russian Red, but the fact that this lipstick was only a third of the price of Russian Red pulled me in. And I'm definitely glad that I didn't shell out the extra ten dollars!

Really Red has a great matte finish that isn't drying and lasts for a LONG TIME. I'm talking four hours before a touch up at the bare minimum. I think that it is a "warm true red" if those things exist. Pink toned skin could definitely work this lipstick as well, but it is very dramatic and I think that a sheer wash of the product would suit cooler tones best. The pigmentation is very nice and buildable, but two coats leave the best color result. All in all, I love this product and would definitely repurchase it, especially considering that I only paid $6.99 at ULTA.

Popular Lipsticks