Revlon Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

on 7/29/2010 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love the idea of the matte line from Revlon, but this just didn't cut it for me. As a swatch, it looks like a pretty pinky mauve. On my lips, its a horrible orangy pink. It's also extremely cakey, something even a gloss can't cover up. Would definitely not recommend.

on 7/21/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I cant say it was love at first sight.I bought it for the color but I hated the formula .Now I understand matte lipstick tend to be on drying side,but it was too much.So it just sat in my drawer for a long time up till recently.I accidentally picked it up while playing with my makeup .These days we have hot weather and I guess it has something to do with that.Its applies beautifully and the color is awesome on NC 35-NC40 skin.Pick it up.You will love it

on 7/15/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I can't speak for other shades, but I know for sure this is an amazing MLBB nude lip for NC35 NC37 NC40 with pigmented-ish lips. Looks gorgeous on south asians. If you are too dark to pull off the nude lippies that work on pale women, this is for you!

on 7/14/2010 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This lipstick color matched my lips perfectly. They actually make my lips look flawless, and like I'm not wearing any lipstick. [: This is probably the most wearable color in the Revlon Matte collection, so if you're stuck choosing colors, go with this one!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this color! It's a complete MLBB color and I love that it's matte. To be honest, I haven't been reaching for this too much lately as I've wanted a bit more gloss/shimmer but I will definitely say this is in my top 5 out of my 20+ lipsticks. The formula is great and non-drying and the color doesn't settle into lines. It's amazing and sooo natural. Great for starters with lipsticks and for those who just want a flawless polished look without looking like they're wearing too much makeup or trying too hard.

on 7/12/2010 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is now my all time favourite lippie. The colour is just gorgeous. On me it is a true mauve and I'm lovin' the matte look. It is sexy! Staying power is awesome. I don't really have a problem with it drying out my lips. I am the queen of Vaseline so my lips are always well hydrated. I always apply a thin layer of Clairns Extra Firming Lip & Contour Balm and the results are just perfect! There is no scent which I love. Revlon lipsticks rock!! I would definitely buy this again and my next purchase will be Fabulous Fig.

on 7/1/2010 3:04:00 AM

This is a GREAT matte lipstick for the price. This color is comparable to MACs Pink Plaid. Cheap & lovely.

on 6/21/2010 12:56:00 AM

I bought this on sale as well, it cost only $3.99. It is called mauve, but it really isn't. It's a beautiful rosy-nude color. I love the color because it makes your lips pinker but also muted, and it doesn't look like you're wearing a garish shade of lipstick. People might not even know you're wearing lipstick, but it makes your lips look amazing. I love that it's matte as well, not shiny or frosty at all. I usually have to wear lip balm underneath lipstick or I get dry skin flakes, but with this lipstick I can wear it alone and it looks great. I love the shade and I love the look of it. I would definitely buy it again, even at full price.

on 6/19/2010 8:22:00 PM

Went to Shopper's awhile ago looking for the new Revlon colourburst l/s (since i've read in MUA the line is in Canada already). Unfortunately, i didn't see any fancy looking l/s in the revlon aisle EXCEPT that the Revlon matte l/s are ON SALE! like 3.99 cdn each!!

I already have Strawberry Suede, Cocoa Craving, In the Red, so I decided to give this a try. My sis who is darker than me has been raving about it being her all time favourite nude. I -on the other hand, do not usually wear nudes b/c most of the time, they make me look like a corpse in my opinion (except for MAC's taupe, half n half). So I bought Mauve it over, and I have to admit that I like it better than I expected! it comes off as a nude on me without any hint of pink/mauve. I don't find it drying as well. will buy again but I doubt that i'll run out anytime soon since i usually wear reds.

on 6/13/2010 3:12:00 PM

Thanks for the reviews on this - I would never have bought a lipstick that said "mauve". To me, mauve is a muted pink with a blue base. This is a nude pink that has no mauve or lavendar pinky tones. It's a rosy nude that is just right! I have med to yellow toned skin with dark eyes and hair and this is a wonderful shade that would be great for every day - especially when you don't want your lips arriving before you do!

I have the Fig one as well, which is great for a darker lip that is not red or brown.

Give this a try!

P.S. If you want to glam it up a bit, try Lancome's Fruity Pop gloss over top, it's gorgeous!

Popular Lipsticks