September 30, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, but it didn't work out for me.

I like MAC's matte and satin finish lipsticks and was hoping that this formula would compare in terms of pigmentation. I have tan skin and this color is just about as nude as I can go (it probably isn't "nude" if you have lighter skin than me). I was expecting a creamier formula, but found that this applied a bit streaky on my lips, and I have to blend it in with my finger to ensure an even application. I wouldn't say this is a sheer lipstick, but it isn't totally opaque, either. My deep lip color still shows through, which doesn't look good when the lipstick starts to fade. It doesn't last long on the lip, either.

Maybe my expectations were too high for this product, but I was unfortunately not impressed with the color and formula.

I want to give this a 2.5, but I'll round up to a 3 since the color would probably work better for me if I had a lighter complexion.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by pinkrose838

I love the idea of the matte line from Revlon, but this just didn't cut it for me. As a swatch, it looks like a pretty pinky mauve. On my lips, its a horrible orangy pink. It's also extremely cakey, something even a gloss can't cover up. Would definitely not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Asheema

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cant say it was love at first sight.I bought it for the color but I hated the formula .Now I understand matte lipstick tend to be on drying side,but it was too much.So it just sat in my drawer for a long time up till recently.I accidentally picked it up while playing with my makeup .These days we have hot weather and I guess it has something to do with that.Its applies beautifully and the color is awesome on NC 35-NC40 skin.Pick it up.You will love it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't speak for other shades, but I know for sure this is an amazing MLBB nude lip for NC35 NC37 NC40 with pigmented-ish lips. Looks gorgeous on south asians. If you are too dark to pull off the nude lippies that work on pale women, this is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by taradrienne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick color matched my lips perfectly. They actually make my lips look flawless, and like I'm not wearing any lipstick. [: This is probably the most wearable color in the Revlon Matte collection, so if you're stuck choosing colors, go with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by sweetascandy009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color! It's a complete MLBB color and I love that it's matte. To be honest, I haven't been reaching for this too much lately as I've wanted a bit more gloss/shimmer but I will definitely say this is in my top 5 out of my 20+ lipsticks. The formula is great and non-drying and the color doesn't settle into lines. It's amazing and sooo natural. Great for starters with lipsticks and for those who just want a flawless polished look without looking like they're wearing too much makeup or trying too hard.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is now my all time favourite lippie. The colour is just gorgeous. On me it is a true mauve and I'm lovin' the matte look. It is sexy! Staying power is awesome. I don't really have a problem with it drying out my lips. I am the queen of Vaseline so my lips are always well hydrated. I always apply a thin layer of Clairns Extra Firming Lip & Contour Balm and the results are just perfect! There is no scent which I love. Revlon lipsticks rock!! I would definitely buy this again and my next purchase will be Fabulous Fig.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by ICKSICKYUCK

This is a GREAT matte lipstick for the price. This color is comparable to MACs Pink Plaid. Cheap & lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by avash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on sale as well, it cost only $3.99. It is called mauve, but it really isn't. It's a beautiful rosy-nude color. I love the color because it makes your lips pinker but also muted, and it doesn't look like you're wearing a garish shade of lipstick. People might not even know you're wearing lipstick, but it makes your lips look amazing. I love that it's matte as well, not shiny or frosty at all. I usually have to wear lip balm underneath lipstick or I get dry skin flakes, but with this lipstick I can wear it alone and it looks great. I love the shade and I love the look of it. I would definitely buy it again, even at full price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Went to Shopper's awhile ago looking for the new Revlon colourburst l/s (since i've read in MUA the line is in Canada already). Unfortunately, i didn't see any fancy looking l/s in the revlon aisle EXCEPT that the Revlon matte l/s are ON SALE! like 3.99 cdn each!!

I already have Strawberry Suede, Cocoa Craving, In the Red, so I decided to give this a try. My sis who is darker than me has been raving about it being her all time favourite nude. I -on the other hand, do not usually wear nudes b/c most of the time, they make me look like a corpse in my opinion (except for MAC's taupe, half n half). So I bought Mauve it over, and I have to admit that I like it better than I expected! it comes off as a nude on me without any hint of pink/mauve. I don't find it drying as well. will buy again but I doubt that i'll run out anytime soon since i usually wear reds.