July 25, 2014 | 1763 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by ICKSICKYUCK

This is a GREAT matte lipstick for the price. This color is comparable to MACs Pink Plaid. Cheap & lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by avash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on sale as well, it cost only $3.99. It is called mauve, but it really isn't. It's a beautiful rosy-nude color. I love the color because it makes your lips pinker but also muted, and it doesn't look like you're wearing a garish shade of lipstick. People might not even know you're wearing lipstick, but it makes your lips look amazing. I love that it's matte as well, not shiny or frosty at all. I usually have to wear lip balm underneath lipstick or I get dry skin flakes, but with this lipstick I can wear it alone and it looks great. I love the shade and I love the look of it. I would definitely buy it again, even at full price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Went to Shopper's awhile ago looking for the new Revlon colourburst l/s (since i've read in MUA the line is in Canada already). Unfortunately, i didn't see any fancy looking l/s in the revlon aisle EXCEPT that the Revlon matte l/s are ON SALE! like 3.99 cdn each!!

I already have Strawberry Suede, Cocoa Craving, In the Red, so I decided to give this a try. My sis who is darker than me has been raving about it being her all time favourite nude. I -on the other hand, do not usually wear nudes b/c most of the time, they make me look like a corpse in my opinion (except for MAC's taupe, half n half). So I bought Mauve it over, and I have to admit that I like it better than I expected! it comes off as a nude on me without any hint of pink/mauve. I don't find it drying as well. will buy again but I doubt that i'll run out anytime soon since i usually wear reds.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by shellymac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks for the reviews on this - I would never have bought a lipstick that said "mauve". To me, mauve is a muted pink with a blue base. This is a nude pink that has no mauve or lavendar pinky tones. It's a rosy nude that is just right! I have med to yellow toned skin with dark eyes and hair and this is a wonderful shade that would be great for every day - especially when you don't want your lips arriving before you do!

I have the Fig one as well, which is great for a darker lip that is not red or brown.

Give this a try!

P.S. If you want to glam it up a bit, try Lancome's Fruity Pop gloss over top, it's gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous color. Pinkish nude is the best way to describe it. It looks great paired with dramatic eyes. The texture is wonderful, just glides on. Very pigmented. Great staying power. If you want nude lips but are scared to use a beige l/s, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by dawnsgleam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mauve it Over is quite a pretty nudish pale orange to me. It's very lovely on and I've been told it's natural looking on me. I LOVE wearing it when I'm wearing something light blue because the orange in it adds a really pretty contrast and gives me a glow. The formula is fantastic-- light and creamy but a touch dry which is to be expected in a matte lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by grace11103

the colour appears way too orange on me.. not to mention it's way too dry, even with moisturizing my lips, still looks awful.. reminds me of a colour i would wear in the 90s lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by avid_writer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Perfect perky everyday nude shade for women NC35 and darker. Ladies of color pick this up instead of nude attitude.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Def a fav already. I ordered this online and was surprised when it arrived. Thought it was going to be similar to a darker colour I have by Revlon, ginger rose. Very very pretty!

Edit: I do still really like this - but I'm not a huge fan of nude coloured lips on me anymore. Que sera, sera.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my favourite lipsticks ever. It's the perfect nude for me, and I only like wearing matte lip products, so this is just brilliant. Would recommend this to anyone that listens.