October 25, 2014 | 879 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by xxMakeUpJunkiexx

Mademoiselle is my go-to color for a French mani. I'm not one of those people who like that "clear nail" look on a French mani; I prefer a more pinkish tone, and this one is great! It's really nice & gives u a great classy, elegant, & chic look. I'm not a fan of this color by itself, its a little too shear for me, but 2 coats of this for a French will definitely do the trick for that hint of pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by jamerlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color is my favorite for looking polished (no pun intended) and clean. It isn't meant to be an opaque light pink, like OPI Sweetheart or Mod About You, rather a healthy, glossy looking top coat to make you look "done". This is basically my job interview/meet the parents polish. I also request this if I am at a salon getting a french manicure because it is the perfect base for crisp white tips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sometimes when I apply an Essie nailpolish, all I get are streaks. This is the case with many of the brights and the more "fun" metallics. Not so with the nudes like Mademoiselle. This applies sheerly but completely evenly and dries to a perfect, natural finish. A staple, no matter what other nail trends I'm following.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

What a lovely pale pink, glossy np - slightly darker than Ballet Slippers.

One coat gives me a nude glossy look. Two coats gives my nails a glossy pale pink/nude look. To avoid any streaking, I apply this over a good base coat - like Essie's Sensitive.

With a coat of Essie's Waltz or Marshmallow on the tip, this makes a great french mani.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely sheer colour. It's really just a wash of pale, pale pink over the nails. Don't even bother trying to make it opaque because that's not the point of this polish, but at 2-3 coats (I prefer 2!), it creates a classy, glossy look to the nails. No streaks at all, which is awesome, though I do wish the brush was a little wider to make application a bit easier. Drying time at 2 coats is average and I top it wish Poshe or Seche Vite to speed up drying. I've tried a LOT of sheers from OPI, Essie, etc and with my dark, olive skin tone most look a little off and like I'm trying too hard. This one is just right and I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a little gun shy about trying this color because I have had so many disappointments with streaky, too opaque sheer polishes (Essie sheers in particular). I breathed a sigh of relief when Mademoiselle went on relatively streak free (can still see a couple of faint streaks, but much more smooth than any other MNBB color I own). Mademoiselle is a pretty sheer mid pink - not as milky or pale as Zoya Sabrina or OPI Bubble Bath, but also not as streaky. I can definitely see myself using this color a lot and can understand why so many people like it. The formula dries quickly to a nice, shiny finish. Will more than likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

yeah. the picture says it all. i didnt think itd work for me because i am very dark and olive toned, and i thought this was more of a fair girls type of polish but i was wrong. this is the definition of class to me, slightly pink healthy color on nails that looked polished, groomed and clean. very subtle and elegant. works for ALL skin tones. best money you can spend. my coworkers always never know that i have nail polish on, they always compliment me on my naturally beautiful nails.
note: with a basecoat and topcoat, pretty chip resistant. last me about a week. but even when they do chip, the color is so sheer you don't notice it

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by aporcupine

I have uneven nail tips, so I don't like it when they show. Mademoiselle is such a pretty color but I can't make this color opaque no matter how thick I put it on. So I'm sticking to Ballet Slippers instead. However, I do like Mademoiselle with french tips but it's something that I have to get professionally done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love applying 3 coats of this polish on days when I don't want to wear a color. It's a very sheer glossy pink that just brightens my nails and makes them look prettier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I see what all the fuss is about. After hearing and reading about this polish for years, I finally bought a bottle. Mademoiselle on my nails is really a no-polish polish. It's an extremely sheer, barely there pink that leaves your nails very pale. If you're looking for a your-nails-but-better polish that leaves you with just natural, healthy-looking shine then this is it.

I've tried lots of pale shades like OPI's Bubble Bath and Coney Island Cotton Candy and Chanel's Natural Pink, but they never looked right on my warm skintone. Essie really does have the market cornered on the best sheers in my humble opinion. Mademoiselle is an easy, low-maintenance polish that applies smoothly and evenly and is very forgiving with chips and cracks. I can go days without having to refresh my manicure (not that I do since I change polish every 2-3 days).