Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 6/21/2010 8:09:00 AM

Perfect sheer cotton candy pink, youthful and fresh and not too white. The formula goes on beautifully, without streaking, and dries quickly. I did three thin coats to achieve bottle color, which I'm fine with. I'd rather do more coats with a sheer than deal with streaking. As other reviewers mentioned, this is a great color to keep on hand for any occasion; but pass if you're looking for opaque coverage, unless you have time to wait for 5+ coats to dry.

on 6/14/2010 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was disappointed when i tried this colour out i wasn't expecting it to be sheer. I have found other usage for this colour for example top coat of a bight pink or top coat of a french manicure but i i would of know this colour was sheer i wouldn't of payed 9$ for it! The thing i also hate is that if you apply thick coats of this it bubbles up and just peels off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this based on all of the hype online and in magazines. I do agree that it is a really nice sheer colour. I don't mind sheer polishes but the top halves of my nails are yellowed from continual polish on my nails. They're not at all horribly yellowed, but they're not the same colour as the base of my nails. That said I used three coats of this one, and the tips still seemed almost yellow. Three coats should of this should of more than covered my nails. It's a shame because it's a really nice classy colour that does last for ages. If you have nice virgin nails, meaning those ridge free and stain free this will look great.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is actually the first Essie polish I ever tried and subsequently bought. It is a beautiful sheer pink that goes on flawless. I usually do three coats because I such fair skin that I need an extra boost for it to show up. I do not like very bold manicures so this color completely fits with that. It is classy while still being fun. My go to polish for my fingernails and one of my most used polishes.

on 6/1/2010 8:52:00 PM

Its SHEER, natural-like, almost nude with a touch of pink. I love this color and it is a staple. It makes for a clean look. I might die if Essie discontinues this color.

on 4/20/2010 3:35:00 PM

First and foremost: This color is meant to be SHEER! If you're looking for an opaque pink, look elsewhere! That said, this is a great color that makes for a classy, polished look. I especially like it because it's low-maintenance. Two coats of Mademoiselle, and you're good for about a week, give or take. I despise French manicures (I just think they have a bad/tacky sorority girl look to them sometimes), but I do love this color on its own.

The staying power is amazing! I have been wearing Mademoiselle for six days. Yesterday, I scrubbed my bathroom until it sparkled, using cleaning products, scrubby sponges, and no gloves. I even got down on my hands and knees and cleaned the floors with cleaning spray and paper towels. My nail polish is STILL flawless.

I've already bought several bottles of this from Essie's web site and had it shipped to some local women's shelters. If that's not a vote of confidence, I don't know what is. Mademoiselle is a beautiful, long-lasting color. I will definitely be buying this for a long time to come, and I highly recommend it.

Mademoiselle is my go-to color for a French mani. I'm not one of those people who like that "clear nail" look on a French mani; I prefer a more pinkish tone, and this one is great! It's really nice & gives u a great classy, elegant, & chic look. I'm not a fan of this color by itself, its a little too shear for me, but 2 coats of this for a French will definitely do the trick for that hint of pink.

on 4/12/2010 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This color is my favorite for looking polished (no pun intended) and clean. It isn't meant to be an opaque light pink, like OPI Sweetheart or Mod About You, rather a healthy, glossy looking top coat to make you look "done". This is basically my job interview/meet the parents polish. I also request this if I am at a salon getting a french manicure because it is the perfect base for crisp white tips.

on 4/12/2010 4:49:00 AM

Sometimes when I apply an Essie nailpolish, all I get are streaks. This is the case with many of the brights and the more "fun" metallics. Not so with the nudes like Mademoiselle. This applies sheerly but completely evenly and dries to a perfect, natural finish. A staple, no matter what other nail trends I'm following.

on 3/9/2010 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

What a lovely pale pink, glossy np - slightly darker than Ballet Slippers.

One coat gives me a nude glossy look. Two coats gives my nails a glossy pale pink/nude look. To avoid any streaking, I apply this over a good base coat - like Essie's Sensitive.

With a coat of Essie's Waltz or Marshmallow on the tip, this makes a great french mani.

Top Rated Essie Products