July 29, 2014 | 1738 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by nicola31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily skin even Double Wear and lots of powder would see me shining well by mid-day.

I used to have to use blotting sheets constantly to mop up excess oil on my skin throughout the day.

I tried may different primers over the years usually giving up after 2-3 uses as they tended to make my skin even oilier.

I was sceptical of this one but had to give it a try after hearing good reviews.

Having tried it I must say I was amazed at the performance of this product. It goes on beautifully feels kind of smooth and slick at first. I apply a light moisturiser to my cheeks before this as I find it too drying on its own.

Dries to a very matte finish. I recommend applying your makeup straightaway after applying, as you may find it difficult to blend over the matter finish otherwise.

But once set this will ensure your makeup lasts all day and go on beautifully smooth leaving a radiant finish.

I did not have to blot my skin once in the day after using this and best of all it has good reliable sun protection too.

This really is a must have product for those with oily skin. Wish i had found it years ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by tiparing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this.....for the most part. It does not minimize my pores at all, but does keep me matte for a good while. And my t-zone is very oily, so that is quite the feat. Feels wonderful going on--like buttah! Just too dang expensive! And with the sucky bottle packaging, for what you pay for a little bit of this goop you feel like you have to crawl up in the bottle to scrape out every last drop. Please put this in a squishy tube, and it will ease the pain of shelling out $52 for it. Somewhat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mama2veda

I have combination/oily skin, and this product has helped my foundation last more than a few hours! I recommend everyone try this primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this.
it has a lot of slip to it without feeling silicone-y, compared to smashbox photofinish this is a lot lighter but i find it works just as well, i really do notice a difference in the lasting power of my make up when i have this on, but not the oiliness, so while i look for the perfect primer, this will do

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY SKIN: Normal to combination, clog-prone with occasional breakouts. Oily areas are T-zone and mouth area. Fine lines under the eyes and around my mouth.

MY NEEDS: Foundation longevity (12 hour shifts at work), fill in lines, smooth over dry areas while giving long-lasting oil control.

HOW I APPLY: I typically do not use a moisturizer in addition to this. I apply one pump with my fingers, let set for about a minute, then my foundation with a dense kabuki or my fingers (rotate between Garnier BB cream, MUFE HD, and Revlon Colorstsay).

RESULTS: So I was really skeptical about this. When Smashbox broke me out, I assumed I was allergic to 'cones. Laura Mercier oil free primer, while 'cone free, did nothing and made me more greasy. Despite the fact that the Hourglass primer does have some amount of 'cones, the way it is formulated does not break me out and makes any foundation I put on top of it flawless. Lines are blurred, pores are filled, and the results last and last.

OVERALL: For the price, I expected amazing results and I got them. I bought this in the small sample size, but I honestly don't think I can afford the $50+ price tag for the full size (which is only 1 fl. oz., I might add). So my "yes, I would repurchase" choice will be an "if I can afford it" basis. I may keep searching for a cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by joxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

One word - perfection! Combined with Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and MAC setting powder, my skin stays flawless all day. Naturally I have acne prone and oily skin so this is just amazing for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

I love that this has spf in it—I find that if I apply a light layer of this over my regular ss it leaves a perfect, smooth and soft looking finish that is great alone or under makeup. I'm very pale so the hint of white cast this leaves doesn't bother me. For the price, though, I do wish it had some antioxidants in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I has this put on my face and it felt so velvety on my skin and I instantly fell in love with it.
I was given a 5ml sample which has lasted me about a month and I've found my foundation looks more dewy and moisturized which I really enjoy.
It is really expensive but I suppose it does last a long time and I like to use it as a eyeshadow primer as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ForgetfulDebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I would love this product since I'm a big fan of Hourglass products. I didn't. Not only did I not love it, I have to say I disliked it enough to return it (very rare for me). It didn't do much as a primer and it caused anything I used over it to ball up. Back to my hg Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ItsStillAWrap

This is SO EXPENSIVE! But you only need a little, I can't imagine I'll need to rebuy it for a long time.

I'm happy with this product. I was using a LM primer before that did nothing. This has dramatically helped my foundation application. I was having issues with caking and my makeup moving around throughout the day. It looks so much better applied over this. It really helps it stay put. I've noticed a big difference. I'm using it with my LM mineral powder foundation and I finally am happy with the application/finish now that I've begun to use this product.