August 27, 2014 | 1896 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where have you been all my life? HG all the way!!!!!!

I have relaxed 4a hair. I've been stretching my relaxer so the new growth has been difficult to untangle until now. I love this and will never part with it b/c it untangles w/o causing excessive breakage. I only wish that it came with a handle so it would be easier to hold and a case to protect the bristles. However these are minor complaints. I detangles better than my Denman D3 & causes less breakage. I don't even use the Denman anymore.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by kit_e_kat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had bought the tangle teezer sooner as I have known about it for a while but was put off by the price. However, I was fed up with how annoying it was to brush my waist length hair and I wanted something that would make it easier to detangle as my hair gets very knotty, so I decided to just give it a go. Wow, it's so amazing, it fits perfectly in my hand and literally glides from root to tip in no time, getting rid of the knots at the nape of my neck with ease. It has 2 different length teeth and is made of plastic. Because I have very thick hair I have to section my hair into 2 or 3 when brushing. I hardly get any breakages now and much less hair is being tugged out. My hair looks so smooth and shiny when I'm done too. I've also used it to distribute conditioner evenly in my hair when I'm washing it. My hair looks so good now and it's no longer a chore to brush it! I can't rave about this product enough, I even bought the compact tangle teezer for my handbag as I've decided I just can't live without it. I think the brush is pretty sturdy so if it's properly cared for it will last a very long time. A* product!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by svenskaflicka91

My hair is very delicate since I've bleached it twice now. Normal brushes tend to tangle and snag the ends of my hair at the moment and I needed to find something more gentle on my hair. I read reviews of this brush and it completely lived up to it's claim of being a gentle detangler! It fits perfectly in my hand and glides right through the ends of my hair, no breakage, no tugging. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something that will brush their hair sans damage. Plus, my hair looked shiny and smooth after I finished! I found it in my local salon supply store for about $10, best purchase I've made in a while.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmm....I bought this after reading all the stellar reviews, and I have to wonder what sort of brushes people were using before Tangle Teezer to warrant the raves. My hair is long, wavy, and medium to medium fine. I have no problem with distributing conditioner so I have only used this as a normal hair brush. I didn't notice it working any better than my usual brush (the Sonia Kashuk Mason Pearson knock off, which is really nice!), nor did I notice any less hair left in the brush once I was done. For what you get - cheap pressed plastic- this is incredibly overpriced. My SK brush has the same bristle pattern of medium length bristles combined with longer bristles, but the brush itself is far superior in quality, about the same price, looks 100x better, and will last a lot longer before needing to be replaced. I pick the SK brush over this one hands down.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by nonolimit

I have long curly hair. The teezer is just perfect for me. Never thought that there would be a difference in hair combs/brushes.

pro's
- gets even the worst tangles out without breaking or tugging your hair
- easy to clean
- lasts a lifetime.

cons
-price

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by BlueV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This detangles really well, although my hair is thick enough that the bristles don't go all the way through, so it takes at few passes at different angles to get all the tangles out. It's very fast and painless - unlike usual brushes and combs. My hair is shoulder length and I haven't had any pulled or ripped hairs.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Bascom

It's all fun and games till you discover mini hairs in your tangle teezer..Okay, so i was as in love with the results as the next person,from what i could see it effortlessly combed through my wet/dry hair. There was the occasional snagging but so far i was sold, until i discovered little hairs(clearly ripped, because i am growing my hair long) in the little tangle teezer's teeth. -_- It DOES detangle, but it damages hair and causes breakage...no sir. Don't buy, unless your going for the increasingly layered cut.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by keethukee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have super long curly hair and tried everything to get it untangled in the shower. This thing is nothing short of amazing. I use it in the shower and it saves me lots of time and doesn't damage my hair. My hair looks completely different because of this product. I own 3 because I'm afraid it won't be available after a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this brush but I do have some problems with it. The first problem is I have with the Tangle Teezer is I have trouble getting through the hair at the front and back of my head closest to the scalp. It's like the Tangle Teezer can't get all the way down to my scalp. Also, when I brush through with this product my hair is stuck to my scalp - I use a comb on my hair to fix this.

However, I would repurchase because it is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

LOVE THIS! This is holy grail to me. I paid roughly $30 Canadian for this little gem and it was worth every damn penny. I use this every day. I even brought this to my hairdresser to use after she put highlights in my hair because anything else causes way too much damage and breakage. I will cry if I ever lose this, then I will reorder one ASAP.