October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by RandomFlopsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I hated this to start with. I have naturally full, slightly curled lashes and this mascara made them look a clumpy mess. I could not get it to work for me which was particularly frustrating given the price. However, after forgetting about it for a month, I tried again and it seems to have dried out a tiny bit, meaning it's much easier to work with. It no longer smudges, doesn't flake, stays on all day and doesn't clump at all. The formula when new was simply too wet. I love this now, it's my current go-to mascara. I do need to use a waterproof makeup remover otherwise I wake up with panda eyes. Will repurchase - and leave the new bottle to "mature" for a few weeks before using next time. However, given the price, I wish it had been a little easier to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by maha789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have average length and average thickness lashes, and i absolutely HATE mascaras that clump or make it seem Very obvious that you have mascara on. Diorshow Iconic makes my lashes considerably longer, with just a hint of extra curl and thickness, and absolutely no clumpiness, which is what I've been looking for Since For Ever! (Admittedly I usually only put on 1 coat, 2 at best, but that's just how i like it =]) As a bonus, my lashes stay sooo soft that you can't really tell I have anything on!

I only wish the 'hint' of curling/thickening was upgraded to a 'bit' and that it wasn't so expensive, but since there's absolutely nothing else that gives these results, that's fine by me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Jmacca

When I first tried this mascara at the Dior counter I was amazed with the result. But when I bought it and used it at home for the first time I was kinda disappointed. I guess the thing is, you need to let it dry out a little. After a week or two of using it daily I was completely sold.
I much prefer this to Diorshow. It's buildable and doesn't clump. The trick is not to wiggle. Just smooth strokes from root to tip.
I'm lucky enough to have a slight natural curl and long lashes. But my lashes are sparse and boring. This adds the perfect amount of volume without looking like I've added another layer to five day old mascara. If that's the kind of look you're after, then Diorshow Iconic is not for you.
The formula leaves you're lashes looking full, but they still feel like eyelashes, not crusty, chunky black spikes coming out of your lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lsc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I prefer it to diorshow. I always seem to come back to this mascara, if in doubt I go for the iconic! It separates my lashes, it curls my lashes a tidgy bit (without me curling first), and it makes them very long and a little bit false looking. I have shortish lashes that look shorter then they are due to the ends being blonde, so it takes a good formula to give me the results this does! The brush was a little weird for me at first, but it seems to work. I will keep trying other mascaras to try and find my HG but this is in my top 5 for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Snapples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG mascara so far. I wear this over other mascaras, which I use as a base. Makes my lashes look long and thick, although at first it can be extremely gloopy and thick and it's best after a few uses. I wouldn't use this without my other mascara base because it really wouldn't do anything for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by JoAnnU1978

I am a huge (HUGE) fan of DiorShow, and I had heard great things about Iconic. When I went to Macy's and they were offering a free Dior eyeshadow quad with your purchase of Iconic I was SOLD.

I am not necessarily disappointed with this mascara, I just don't think I have as much love for it as I do DiorShow, and when this tube runs out I will quickly go back to my fave.

It is a bit more wet than I would like, and it transfers on to my eyelids when I'm applying it sometimes. It's very difficult to get off (even using Lancome remover), and can have a tendency to be a bit more spidery than DiorShow- but I think that's just a bi-product of it being a "wet" mascara.

The length and thickness that it gives are impressive, though. By wiggling the brush from base to tips, and applying two coats, it can look like I'm wearing falsies! (no clumps!)

All in all a pretty great product. It just doesn't blow me away ENOUGH to keep me away from my beloved DiorShow for good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I'm with 'bootsonbarelegs' on this one. I bought the black one and it still isn't dark enough or gives enough volume, plus, it's a pain to remove it. I tried to remove it with Chanel's Biphase eye makeup remover, and I still had racoon eyes when I washed my face after. Not impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by bootsonbarelegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in brown, by mistake, this happens from time to time and I try to make the best of it. A warning, look at the color you're buying! Anyway, this is a good mascara for a "natural" look, especially for me, because I have it in brown, however, the natural mascara look is something I've never been able to understand, why buy mascara in the first place if all you want is a "natural" look, BORING! I believe that eyelashes are one of the few makeup steps in your routine you can't overdo, lashes can't be TOO long, or TOO full, its just ridiculous, so when I look for a mascara, I'd want it to deliver in the best way possible, I don't want to settle for some average lashes, especially for 30+$$. Overall, I've been pretty unimpressed with all the Diorshows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I am always looking for a better mascara and I get tempted to try out many. I read good reviews here and decided to give it a shot. I find this mascara alright. Does an okay job at lengthening, nothing for volume, and it defines your lashes. You basically can't clump your lashes unless you put on a dozen coats of this stuff. If you use it for your bottom lashes, be prepared for raccoon eyes. This is a decent mascara if you're looking for the natural look. I am not going to purchase it again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by patricia_k

I had been using Diorshow and absolutely loved it so i decided to try this one. Iconic is nowhere near as good as the original, it did build up nice volume, but i found it clumpy and really spidery looking. I ended up having to throw it out as the bristles on the brush seemed to kinda flatten so in the end i had no way of even putting my mascara on properly! Did this happen to anyone else??