December 17, 2014 | 1842 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When the first pictures of Dolce Vita popped up on the internet I have to admit I was disappointed. It was dark, muddy, matte and did nothing to make me want it. Now I LOVE Dolce Vita lipstick. It's an easy staple to love with it's flattering muted dusty rose color and go with everything appeal, but I saw little resemblance to my beloved lipstick in the picture (nor did it look like the DV Velvet Matte or Lipgloss). When the collection hit the internet I decided to give in and order it and I have to say I am very pleased I did. The initial pictures did not show the true color and for those of you looking at the pictures I shot this is a more accurate depiction of Dolce Vita blush and it is not as dark once applied (see the general picture box #'s 2-5 as I don't know how to add a picture to my review; they are in direct, indirect and shade).

So, what does Dolce Vita blush look like on? On me (NARS Mont Blanc, BECCA Sand, PPP/FFF) it's a nice, muted, fresh from the cold flush that is not too pink or too bright. Dolce Vita has a touch of red to it but the "dustiness" of the color mutes enough to save me from looking like a clown. As for it being a matte, I love the look. It's a perfect choice for rosy cheeks (even for us neutral to warm tones) and if you have not been able to pull off rosy cheeks before without looking like you have rosacea Dolce Vita may be just the blush you are looking for. The soft pomegranate color is perfect for the fall, it just about screams it but I can help but wish it was more the same shade as the lipstick. Let me explain. I think, though the bit of red makes for a gorgeous blush it is not true to the original Dolce Vita shade. So really my only compliant is the name since I don't find it is true to the spirit of the color NARS has managed to duplicate in three lip products (and I'm sure a future nail polish and who knows what else). I wish it was that color because I feel it would be a great shade for my coloring. What has been released is a beautiful shade but not what fans the lipstick would think it would be based on the Dolce Vita name.

Dolce Vita is a very pigmented and I recommend just touching your brush to the pan and building to the intensity you like. I use the standard NARS blush brush, tap the color on one side, apply to the apple, then flip the brush over to the clean side and drag the color from the apples back and up. It is not as challenging as say Exhibit A which I gave up on years ago but I don't think anyone will be hitting pan on this in a very long time. It has the same quality of other NARS blushes, long lasting, silky texture and high pigmentation. If you have a skunk brush or the MAC 187 this would be a good choice for application to fair skin and I think this would look great from the lightest to the darkest of skin tones and maybe that is the point for intensifying the color for a more universal appeal.

Overall I think this is a great blush for Fall and Winter, just remember it's very pigmented, it is not going to be the same shade as the lipstick and apply sparingly and I think you will be very happy with the results and product.

23 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Soft browned rose color. no shimmer. Very pretty but use a light hand cause this is SUPER pigmented. Just the lightest touch leaves plenty of color for both cheeks even on my tan NC30 light olive complexion. Gives me a healthy looking flush to the skin. Lasts all day. Retails for $25.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by illuminate1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can I just say I love how the reviewer below described it as burnt rose/pomegranate? All you have to do is say pomegranate and I want to run out and buy it, lol! This is a great matte and is going to be rocked a lot this fall/winter by me. As with most NARS blushes it takes a very light hand or a 187 to wear properly. I wore today using the NARS Best Palette on my eyes and Female Trouble on the lips. I love my look today. I purchsed this blush mainly because I am obsessed with the fall 2008 campaign look and want to recreate it. Though I question if Cordura is really appropriate for day wear like the model is wearing..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay so I just got this in the mail yesterday...and had to try it on today. Lets just say I have orgasm and I tend to need alot more product( though I havent made a dent) then I do with this one. Thinking I would I swiped my brush a couple of times and could see the pigmentation on brush nevertheless i brushed it on my cheeks and was amazed at how bright it was. I had to clean my face off and start all over but boy Im glad I purchased this one its so beautiful a dusty deep pink color that I will get a lot of use out of. But, with the high pigmentation highly doubt I will use it up in two years.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ainslieface

Dolce Vita is an elegant burnt rose/pomegranate color that looks very natural and gives a beautiful flush to my fair skin. It is highly pigmented so you only need a little bit, but it can be layered for a dramatic evening look. It is matte and perfect for winter wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by HellzBelleMichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dolce Vita is one of my favorite blushes right now, and I have a feeling that I will be using it a lot for fall and winter. It gives a very nice flush to the cheeks that looks natural. Think, as if you were just out in the cold flush. Very nice. I need to apply with the MAC 187 brush though, since light-handed application is a must with this one. This looks great on olive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by chelleme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been stalking my local Sephora in search of this blush ever since I heard it would be part of the new NARS collection. I snatched it when it finally came in and I'm quite happy with it overall. The "cinnamon rose" color that others have hinted at is very accurate and this has a much warmer tone than I initially expected. I have to be VERY careful when I apply this (literally just a tap of one side of my blush brush) because it's super pigmented. When on, this blends well and gives me an "I just got back from the gym" flush. I also have the NARS Turkish Red cream blush and honestly, the colors are very, very similar. I will probably reach for this more though because although I love TR, I've never really loved cream blushes. The lasting power on this is wonderful and because it's so pigmented, this pan will probably last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by neonbright

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do love this color, I believe it looks great on tan skin. I am a NC50 and my girlfriend is tan right now but is very fair skin and she looks great with it. On me I used the MAC 181 and just dipped it in and blended it on my cheeks. But on my girlfriend I used my skunk brush and blended on her cheeks and we looked great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by WinterWheat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous blush, the color of roses and cinnamon sticks pounded together. Like NARS Crazed, it's sheer but intensely pigmented so you're safest with a skunk brush. My skin is light-medium olive, and Dolce Vita gives me a completely natural sun- and wind-induced flush. I also love that fact that it doesn't contain pearl or glitter elements. That's fun at times, but sometimes you want something classic and natural. This blush looks fabulous with lips lined with MAC Spice (which is, incidentally, described on the MAC site as "pink cinnamon stick") and filled in with NARS Dolce Vita lipstick. The entire combination makes my teeth look very white. I read somewhere that the ideal blush and lipstick color for most people is the color of their gums, or just a shade deeper, and for me Dolce Vita fits the bill.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color, I too, am an NW20, but can be darker if I have the time to tan. But for now, it just doesn't sit well with me. My mom is super olive complected, so I gave it to her lol. I'm in love with Deep Throat though. I actually put that on top of my MAC blush, that I cannot think of what the color is called. It's a rosy pink, slightly darker than Deep Throat. Then I concentrate the NARS more so on the apples to make them pop.

And as for the "supermodel," sweetheart, to some this website is just a nice way of finding out where and what to spend their money on. I'm amused to find someone wasting so much time OBVIOUSLY joking about experiences. Lol all I can say is..wow.