NARS Dolce Vita

4.5

on 9/28/2008 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This blusher is perfect for me! It goes with everything. I am pale and this makes me look healthy but resembles a natural 'flush' at the same time. A little goes a long way but that's good as it will last forever!

on 9/23/2008 12:52:00 PM

I'm so glad I finally caved and bought this! Yes, its very boring and flat in the pan, but it really warms up my pale/neutral complexion, allowing me to appear as if I'm alive and breathing. Its perfect for the harsh lighting at my work, yet it dosen't look over done when I step into natural lighting. Dolce Vita is very pigmented but I just lightly touch my blush brush to the powder and I've got enough, and its easily buildable. Its a lovely blush for winter time annd evenings. Remember alittle goes a long way! Even so, I would re-purchase.
And for any PPP girls who are scared to try this, don't be! Just keep the application light, blend, and you'll be pleasantly suprised.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

When the first pictures of Dolce Vita popped up on the internet I have to admit I was disappointed. It was dark, muddy, matte and did nothing to make me want it. Now I LOVE Dolce Vita lipstick. It's an easy staple to love with it's flattering muted dusty rose color and go with everything appeal, but I saw little resemblance to my beloved lipstick in the picture (nor did it look like the DV Velvet Matte or Lipgloss). When the collection hit the internet I decided to give in and order it and I have to say I am very pleased I did. The initial pictures did not show the true color and for those of you looking at the pictures I shot this is a more accurate depiction of Dolce Vita blush and it is not as dark once applied (see the general picture box #'s 2-5 as I don't know how to add a picture to my review; they are in direct, indirect and shade).

So, what does Dolce Vita blush look like on? On me (NARS Mont Blanc, BECCA Sand, PPP/FFF) it's a nice, muted, fresh from the cold flush that is not too pink or too bright. Dolce Vita has a touch of red to it but the "dustiness" of the color mutes enough to save me from looking like a clown. As for it being a matte, I love the look. It's a perfect choice for rosy cheeks (even for us neutral to warm tones) and if you have not been able to pull off rosy cheeks before without looking like you have rosacea Dolce Vita may be just the blush you are looking for. The soft pomegranate color is perfect for the fall, it just about screams it but I can help but wish it was more the same shade as the lipstick. Let me explain. I think, though the bit of red makes for a gorgeous blush it is not true to the original Dolce Vita shade. So really my only compliant is the name since I don't find it is true to the spirit of the color NARS has managed to duplicate in three lip products (and I'm sure a future nail polish and who knows what else). I wish it was that color because I feel it would be a great shade for my coloring. What has been released is a beautiful shade but not what fans the lipstick would think it would be based on the Dolce Vita name.

Dolce Vita is a very pigmented and I recommend just touching your brush to the pan and building to the intensity you like. I use the standard NARS blush brush, tap the color on one side, apply to the apple, then flip the brush over to the clean side and drag the color from the apples back and up. It is not as challenging as say Exhibit A which I gave up on years ago but I don't think anyone will be hitting pan on this in a very long time. It has the same quality of other NARS blushes, long lasting, silky texture and high pigmentation. If you have a skunk brush or the MAC 187 this would be a good choice for application to fair skin and I think this would look great from the lightest to the darkest of skin tones and maybe that is the point for intensifying the color for a more universal appeal.

Overall I think this is a great blush for Fall and Winter, just remember it's very pigmented, it is not going to be the same shade as the lipstick and apply sparingly and I think you will be very happy with the results and product.

on 9/10/2008 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Soft browned rose color. no shimmer. Very pretty but use a light hand cause this is SUPER pigmented. Just the lightest touch leaves plenty of color for both cheeks even on my tan NC30 light olive complexion. Gives me a healthy looking flush to the skin. Lasts all day. Retails for $25.

on 9/2/2008 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Can I just say I love how the reviewer below described it as burnt rose/pomegranate? All you have to do is say pomegranate and I want to run out and buy it, lol! This is a great matte and is going to be rocked a lot this fall/winter by me. As with most NARS blushes it takes a very light hand or a 187 to wear properly. I wore today using the NARS Best Palette on my eyes and Female Trouble on the lips. I love my look today. I purchsed this blush mainly because I am obsessed with the fall 2008 campaign look and want to recreate it. Though I question if Cordura is really appropriate for day wear like the model is wearing..

on 8/27/2008 10:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Okay so I just got this in the mail yesterday...and had to try it on today. Lets just say I have orgasm and I tend to need alot more product( though I havent made a dent) then I do with this one. Thinking I would I swiped my brush a couple of times and could see the pigmentation on brush nevertheless i brushed it on my cheeks and was amazed at how bright it was. I had to clean my face off and start all over but boy Im glad I purchased this one its so beautiful a dusty deep pink color that I will get a lot of use out of. But, with the high pigmentation highly doubt I will use it up in two years.

on 8/25/2008 11:13:00 PM

Dolce Vita is an elegant burnt rose/pomegranate color that looks very natural and gives a beautiful flush to my fair skin. It is highly pigmented so you only need a little bit, but it can be layered for a dramatic evening look. It is matte and perfect for winter wear.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Dolce Vita is one of my favorite blushes right now, and I have a feeling that I will be using it a lot for fall and winter. It gives a very nice flush to the cheeks that looks natural. Think, as if you were just out in the cold flush. Very nice. I need to apply with the MAC 187 brush though, since light-handed application is a must with this one. This looks great on olive skin.

on 8/11/2008 10:34:00 PM

I've been stalking my local Sephora in search of this blush ever since I heard it would be part of the new NARS collection. I snatched it when it finally came in and I'm quite happy with it overall. The "cinnamon rose" color that others have hinted at is very accurate and this has a much warmer tone than I initially expected. I have to be VERY careful when I apply this (literally just a tap of one side of my blush brush) because it's super pigmented. When on, this blends well and gives me an "I just got back from the gym" flush. I also have the NARS Turkish Red cream blush and honestly, the colors are very, very similar. I will probably reach for this more though because although I love TR, I've never really loved cream blushes. The lasting power on this is wonderful and because it's so pigmented, this pan will probably last me forever.

on 7/27/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I do love this color, I believe it looks great on tan skin. I am a NC50 and my girlfriend is tan right now but is very fair skin and she looks great with it. On me I used the MAC 181 and just dipped it in and blended it on my cheeks. But on my girlfriend I used my skunk brush and blended on her cheeks and we looked great.

Popular Blush Products