September 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by AshleyD2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

This color is sooooo pretty. I love Nivea products. The color looks soo good, it is sheer and you can put a little bit on for a natural look, or layer for a deeper cherry. I personally like to use it sheer more often because the red is so sheer that it can be used to do a sexy nighttime with a slight smokey black eye with eyeliner, or used during the day with brown eyeshadows and bring the eyeshadow down to line the lower lashes in brown. So pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lilbunnie

I can't find mine since a few weeks but this is a really good lip treatment! It's moisturizing, smells like cherries and it colors your lips in a beautiful cherry red! Lips look fresh with this on. It's not as glossy as lip gloss and not as matte as lip stick. A very nice "in between" product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by dellecamille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product was just okay for me. i just started liking how it makes my lips like redish, like you just ate a popsicle. (i needed to get use to it) it glides on pretty smoothly & it smells great! i don't like the packaging, it got pretty messy around where the lipstick comes out, and around the bottom the product seeped out. oh, also about twice, when opening the lippy, it got stuck in the cover.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by alixx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this lip balm!! A friend of mine was wearing it one day and of course, the next day I ran to Duane Reade to try and find it. It has just the right amount of moisture and you can choose how pigmented you want your lips to be based on how much product you swipe on. I wear this everyday and always have it in my pocket. I wear red lipstick a lot but this is the perfect thing to wear during the day for a more subtle look. I have the biggest fear that this is going to get discontinued (i reeeeally hope it doesn't). It's definitely worth giving a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by lillulu

Love this! I wear this to work when I don't feel like wearing lipstick. It works pretty good-it gives me a hinto of color. This and a Kiss of Moisture are my HG lip glosses. I love how my lips look when wearing this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

***Click "continued" for pictures***

I'm on my 3rd tube of this (and have 2 more backups). It's definitely a cool toned cherry red, with a hint of fuchsia. Would not recommend for yellow/dark toned folks, but can be beautiful on those cooler and paler. More glossy than the average lipbalm, but not as shiny as lipgloss. Color's more subtle than lipstick, but more pigmented than the average tinted balm. Very moisturizing, feels light, not waxy, but may need touchup every 3-4 hours, which is no big deal thanks to the user-friendly packaging, I can take off the cap and twist up the balm all using one hand, unlike other tube balms which tend to require both hands. If you can't tell, I'm lazy and any product that's high maintenance won't take long to become unloved and weeded out.

So if you're up for a cheap, practical, pretty everyday lippie, give this a chance.

Photos of my other red tinted balms are included for other fans of soft red lips :)

continued >>

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Yanira

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product! Its very subtle and tons of people have though it was my natural lip color! I also like to put this on at night right before bed to help keep my lips moisturized and so that I can wake up gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by niferphoto

Love this. It's like cherry chapstick, but not as waxy. Leave a light cherry stain on your lips and a moisturizing too!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff dries out so fast. I have to reapply it very frequently throughout the day. Also, the red sheen is not as subtle as I thought it would be. I find the color to be a bit severe.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by celticfaery

I like this lip balm! It has a great, smooth application consistancy. Smells divine. It is conditioning and long lasting. The color is a little too cherry red for my pale complexion, a little goes a loooong way. it looks awesome with some clear gloss layered over it. Also got the clear version which I love even more! plus the packaging is great, wasy to use, but also wont damage the balm as it twists down like a lipstick when not in use. very cool.