Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite mascaras for layering! The wand is dense and does a good job at distributing mascara evenly, sometimes the tip gets too much product and you have to scrape it on the tube. I layer this with several other mascaras and this one is my favorite. It is dark and pigmented and the formula is thin enough as not to clump up on my lashes. I work it in right at the root from underneath and gently roll the wand up while wiggling back and forth in my lashes. I don't usually apply to the top of my lashes unless I have time to comb it out with a metal lash comb before it dries. It dries hard but not too brittle. It is not flaky on its own but I sometimes find myself picking it off my eyelashes and then it is flaky, for obvious reasons. It smells faintly like flowers but isn't overpowering. I haven't had any issues with it irritating my eyes (my eyes aren't usually sensitive to mascara, though). I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a good drugstore brand mascara. I even bought my best friend a tube to add to her Christmas gift (which was a bag full of makeup, go figure!). A great product for the price!

on 7/30/2014 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this mascara for 2 months or so (waterproof version). My favorite mascara dried out and I decided to try a new mascara off a whim. Here are some pro's and cons of the mascara:
Pro's:
-Formula is a nice consistency
-It lengthens lashes
-A good dark shade
-Wand is decent and helps separate lashes

Cons:
-Smudges on the lower lash line (flakes)
-Can get clumpy
-Doesn't provide that much volume.

Basically this mascara is a meh for me. It is pretty affordable I give it that. It's just disappointing that a mascara that advertises itself to be the voluminous jesus basically does almost nothing for my lashes. Yes it does lengthen, darken and ever so slightly volumizes my lashes but it doesn't do enough. It's a basic, everyday mascara. Nothing special. It sucks that it smudges even though I'm using the waterproof formula. Also if I try to apply more coats of this mascara it will basically turn into a clumpy mess. This mascara works great when applied on top of another one to work together but what's the point of that? I want a mascara that could volumize on its own without needing the help of another. Overall I wouldn't repurchase but I won't say I regret the purchase. The waterproof version holds a curl well and gives a nice natural look to the lashes but it just doesn't add enough volume for my liking. I don't think it's terrible it's just not what I'm looking for. I would say to try it out because with this mascara I feel like it would be different for everyone.

I gave this product only 4 overall lippies because this mascara has both pros & cons.

Pros:
-Gives good length
-Cheap
-good layering mascara

Cons:
-Gets clumpy fast so be careful when you put in on!
-Rosey smell. (I don't mind it but it could bother some people with sensitive skin)
-Wand gets WAY TOO MUCH product on it. That's why it clumps up
-Doesn't give a lot of volume.

Personally, I might purchase this again depending on what mascara I want. This is a somewhat good mascara if you take your time applying it and wipe some mascara off the wand before you apply it (: If your looking for good length, this is for you! If your looking more for volume you might want to use another mascara or just use this as a layering mascara.

on 7/28/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I found this product to be extremely clumpy, and had a horribly thick texture, as though it had been open 6 months, even before I bought it! The brush is big and bristly, but I found my eyelashes to look like spiders and clump together when I used this product. If you like extreme eyelashes and aren't fussed about clumping too much then I'd recommend this product, though I'd suggest you comb your eyelashes after use. If you're after a more subtle look, stay away! I also didn't particularly appreciate the shape it gave my lashes, it didn't lift them at all, but really weighed them down, and made my eyes look smaller and more closed rather than more widely open.

on 7/27/2014 3:03:00 AM

when i first applied this mascara i found that my lashes are not that bad or small that i think. I really love this one. Its not sticky. It doesnt clump my lashes. It easily covered all my lashes and i have used it in my lower lashes and it is wow! It is waterproof. I wore it for all day and it didnt smudge at all. I really love it!!

on 7/26/2014 3:39:00 AM

Used this mascara for about two months. It clumps and sticks my eyelashes together but if you go through them a few times it's not too much of a problem. It was really annoying that the brush gets it all over your eyes, so it's hard to apply

on 7/25/2014 9:23:00 AM

Not a fan. makes my eyelashes clump too much.

I absolutely hate this mascara so much. I personally have long thick eyelashes and I was hoping to get a little extra length with this mascara but it was TERRIBLE! It made my lashes stick together, clumpy, the formula was thick and sticky, and the applicator would be clumpy as well when applying. I absolutely do NOT recommend this to anyone.

on 7/20/2014 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I NEVER write reviews. This mascara is the best mascara I have ever used.
I have tried very expensive mascaras and cheap ones as well, and this one
is the most flattering and just perfect for me.

The only one I have evrey repurchased. I love the huge brush.

on 7/15/2014 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

One of my holy grail products, one that I keep repurchasing!
I've tried countless mascara's and none of them did anything for me.
This definitely adds so much volume and pumps up my lashes a whole lot
Definitely recommend it, haven't come across anything close to what this does!