April 18, 2014 | 1268 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Ludwig Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by zajiue

I decided to write this review because I had such trouble finding reviews of this palette on the board. I purchased the palette despite a lot of mixed reviews on the board to give it a try out. My lemming for this palette was insane and I wasn't even quite sure why. Ludwig is packaged beautifully in a gorgeous box and wrapped in silver tissue paper. The palette itself mirrors the outside and includes 8 eyeshadows and two double ended eyeshadow brushes (though they appear more like lipstick brushes, lol) The colors are:

Lucifer: Pitch black eyeshadow. Super pigmented and very smooth. I like this better than Mac's Carbon

Orbi: A shimmery olive drab military type green. It's just shimmery enough but not super soft like Stila's eyeshadows which are my favorite. Less likely to break apart though!

Dimebag: Shimmery mossy apple green. Very pretty and pairs perfectly with Orbi.

Tequila: Shimmery ivory highlighter.

Clay: My least favorite in the palette, the color is a bit chalky but may be due to the ivory/orangey glitter in it. The glitter is very fine but this color doesn't show up well and is a bit streaky.

Downtown: Gorgeous shimmery light copper. Very bright and nicely pigmented like Lorac's neutrals.

Baroque: Shimmery bronze. Also very nicely pigmented and pairs perfectly with downtown.

Leather: Matte dark brown. Makes me think of Mac's Embark. Very nicely pigmented and smooth. Makes a hot smokey eye with Lucifer.

I am DEFINITELY keeping this palette. I love it. The colors are easily dupeable but I believe it's nice to have them all together and perfectly color coordinated in one palette. The packaging is love for me too. All the colors are gorgeous and very smooth and highly pigmented with the exception of one. I wore this with TF Shadow Insurance as a base (bought that one to see if it beats UDPP) and even after playing my new Wii Fit, it didn't crease or budge for over 10 hours. Buy it, you won't regret it! :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No