LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 8/11/2006 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Although I'm not particularly fond of the smell of jasmine to perfume my body, I bought this anyway, swayed by its popularity and the abundance of excellent reviews. But I regret this purchase because Silky Underwear does smell truly like jasmine. I think I will stick to my favorite, Candy Fluff.

UPDATE: The more I try this, the more I like the scent. My only complaint now is that the little shea butter bits are hard to rub into the skin, and mostly just fall to the floor.

A very pleasant vanilla-scented dusting powder with big chunks of cocoa butter scattered through it, as you rub this in you can literally feel it soothing and smoothing your skin. Must bitch about the packaging though, it's awful and horribly flimsy... decant into something else, especially if travelling.

Raves!

I'm not a powder person, but this stuff is great! Thanks MUA for another greta suggestion.

on 6/30/2006 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I ordered this, I thought I had no use for dusting powders, but I just had to smell it. Well, I still don't have much use for dusting powders. I use this like a perfume =D It smelled rather odd to me at first, but after the first day of periodically sniffing it my olfactory senses welcomed it.

The packaging is heck, though. Leaks like you wouldn't believe. Even if you don't move it. You just have to think about it, and a teaspoon of the stuff somehow spills all over your dresser. Be prepared to either transfer it to another container or house the stuff in a plastic bag.

on 6/19/2006 12:20:00 PM

A wonderful powder, but I am right there with everyone else in regards to the packaging. I can't really take this powder with me in its original packaging because it gets all over everything (even when it is closed!). If I am going somewhere overnight or on vacation, I transfer a bit of powder into a more secure container. But, hey, just a small nuisance for such a great product so I'll live with it!

on 6/15/2006 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite LUSH scent-it is amazing. I usually apply moisturizer first as am obsessed with creams etc. & apply this after. The packaging is a D- all the way-this isn't an item that can be easily taken with you or even swapped as powder will inevitably leak out & there isn't a powder puff or any type of applicator that comes with it. I find that pouring it into your hand and applying is messy and a waste- I use a huge body brush and it applies evenly and doesn't get everywhere. I am in a desperate search for the fragrance because this stuff smells like heaven in a can.

on 5/30/2006 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was one of my first LUSH purchases and 1998 and it continues to be a staple. I love the silky powder with its bits of cocoa butter and its warm jasmine fragrance that just melds with my skin. I always reach for this when I'm feeling a little frazzled and need to unwind.

on 5/29/2006 11:52:00 PM

I must be the only person in the world who actually likes the packaging of this product. I find it nice, minimalist and fuss free. Turn the little lid cap, put some Silky Underwear powder into my hand, use as little or as much as I want! No problem whatsoever. This has a lovely, powdery Jasmine scent, and stops you from feeling sweaty and sticky. Definately a favourite.

on 5/13/2006 2:32:00 PM

I love, love, love, love the scent! The dusting powder is a great moisturizer on your feet! I sprinkle some in my shoes or on my sandals during the summer months and it prevents blisters and moisture from coming! I wish they had a perfume of this fragrance!

on 5/7/2006 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I guess I am in the minority here, but as much as I want to love this powder, I just don't like the scent. Kind of an old-lady smell to it, IMHO. Otherwise, it does have a luxurious feel to it and is nice to stay fresh on hot days. Enough has been said about the terrible packaging--I mean, would it really be so hard to package it with a pouf to apply it properly? Dispensing is such a mess, that I now I step back into the shower to apply it to my body, so I can easily rinse away anything that collects on the shower floor. Wish they did the same kind of powder in a non-glittery, unscented (or much more lightly scented) version.

Top Rated LUSH Products