July 29, 2014 | 1230 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 6:46:00 PM More reviews by beautykisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute favorite LUSH scent-it is amazing. I usually apply moisturizer first as am obsessed with creams etc. & apply this after. The packaging is a D- all the way-this isn't an item that can be easily taken with you or even swapped as powder will inevitably leak out & there isn't a powder puff or any type of applicator that comes with it. I find that pouring it into your hand and applying is messy and a waste- I use a huge body brush and it applies evenly and doesn't get everywhere. I am in a desperate search for the fragrance because this stuff smells like heaven in a can.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was one of my first LUSH purchases and 1998 and it continues to be a staple. I love the silky powder with its bits of cocoa butter and its warm jasmine fragrance that just melds with my skin. I always reach for this when I'm feeling a little frazzled and need to unwind.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 11:52:00 PM More reviews by LadyInsane

I must be the only person in the world who actually likes the packaging of this product. I find it nice, minimalist and fuss free. Turn the little lid cap, put some Silky Underwear powder into my hand, use as little or as much as I want! No problem whatsoever. This has a lovely, powdery Jasmine scent, and stops you from feeling sweaty and sticky. Definately a favourite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 2:32:00 PM More reviews by rljp

I love, love, love, love the scent! The dusting powder is a great moisturizer on your feet! I sprinkle some in my shoes or on my sandals during the summer months and it prevents blisters and moisture from coming! I wish they had a perfume of this fragrance!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2006 12:15:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I guess I am in the minority here, but as much as I want to love this powder, I just don't like the scent. Kind of an old-lady smell to it, IMHO. Otherwise, it does have a luxurious feel to it and is nice to stay fresh on hot days. Enough has been said about the terrible packaging--I mean, would it really be so hard to package it with a pouf to apply it properly? Dispensing is such a mess, that I now I step back into the shower to apply it to my body, so I can easily rinse away anything that collects on the shower floor. Wish they did the same kind of powder in a non-glittery, unscented (or much more lightly scented) version.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2006 9:46:00 AM More reviews by hartmanm18

The reviews on this got me to buy this and Alkmaar soap online. When I opened it, I thought the scent was nauseating! I wondered why so many people liked this stuff. I decided to use it anyway, just to give it a chance. I'm so glad I did! I love the scent and the gorgeous feel of this luxurious powder! It's a completely frivolous product (who ever really NEEDS a dusting powder?), but that's half the fun! As mentioned in other reviews, the packaging sucks. I put mine into a small tin and bought a puff. At night, I dust myself silly all over (about 10 times!) and go to bed smelling AMAZING.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2006 11:37:00 AM More reviews by jennjaeger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder! Yes, the packaging truly sucks beyond belief. I am really disapointed that anyone would put a product in a crappy container like this. Even when closed, the powder flies all over the place if you turn the container upside down. Its really ridiculous. But, onto the good stuff! This powder smells *wonderful*. Very clean, very feminine. I use a huge powder puff to put this on. After I get out of the shower at night, I lay down and shake some of this powder on me and then start rubbing it in with the powder puff. I can feel all of the coco butter bits melt and when I am done my skin is so soft, nicely fragranced and just feels great! I will certainly repurchase this if I ever run out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not the best talcum like product I have ever used. It is ok. But the package is awful. Hard to open, hard to turn the lid. really bad. The talc is ok, but th dry feeling you get is not long lasting.
I will use this till it is gone, but not buy more. The fragrance is ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2006 2:21:00 AM More reviews by gossipkween

the packaging is CRAP, but i love this! i use this as a sort of novelty product and dust it aorund areas of my body that tend to sweat (underarms, thighs) or just wherever i want a fresh, clean feeling. i dusted some on my sheets last night and it felt SO NICE. the scent of this is a lovely jasmine with a hint of vanilla. very calming and girly--reminds me of victorian era days. i do, however have complaints with the packaging. even when it's closed, powder leaks all over the place. handle with caution! at 8.95 USD this is a pretty good price for LUSH!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by junglepeachpie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yum! Until I bought this yesterday I thought there was no hope for staying fresh feeling in the New Orleans humidity. This powder smells great and prevents that sticky gross feeling of hot summer days. I can't wait to wear it under my suits all summer when the temperature really starts to heat up. One of the few life-changing products out there. This stuff makes me feel happy and clean all day. Its endurance will be put to the test tonight in the French Quarter so I'll report back if it can't hold up!

The packaging is perhaps a little awkward but it doesn't really bother me.