November 27, 2014 | 1427 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by pigmonkey05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! This is so amazing, it matches my skin tone perfectly, I wear N115 ivory, and it is a medium to full coverage foundation, which I really love. I also love it's packaging a lot, because it has a pump. I need foundation with pumps! I just let my Revlon colorstay(one of my fav foundation) sit there because it has no pump and I ruined my shirt once when I was shaking.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by thecharberry

This is my HG foundation. I was using the Chanel Pro Lumiere for years and when it was discontinued (I still get sentimental when I think about it), I spent almost a year trying to find its replacement. The HD High Definition was recommended to me when I was desperately sampling foundations at Sephora. I have been using this foundation for about two years now.

I like a matte foundation that also allows for a luminous healthy glow to the skin. This foundation is perfect for that look. I prefer to apply it with a wet sponge for that polished look. Dot the foundation on and bounce away!

Like many reviewers have mentioned, it can become quite drying in the winters. As a solution, I usually mix it with one TINY drop of face moisturizing oil (I use Fresh's Seaberry Moisturizing Facial Oil). In the summers, I simply apply the foundation on top of my moisturizer. If you're like me and get oily during the day, you might have to use a tissue to blot. I usually only have to blot once, if at all, in the late afternoons. I would avoid using a powder on top of this foundation as it may look and become cakey.

A huge plus with this foundation is that it looks great in person AND it looks great in pictures (flash included)! I would say it is medium coverage but definitely buildable. I prefer a natural skin look so I usually only apply one layer (one pump and a half for face and neck). I have some acne scars and this foundation sets a good base to apply a spot concealer. If you have dark circles like me, this foundation might not be enough. Just add a hydrating under-eye concealer in your routine and you're good to go!

The HD foundation lasts almost all day. I apply it at 7:30am and it looks great even after I finish work at around 6:00pm! I guess it really depends on what you want out of your foundation and how you want your skin to look. I suggest getting a sample so you can play around with it and find your colour. Have fun & good luck!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by pandah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After all the rave reviews, I couldn't wait to try this foundation. I've been on the hunt for my HG foundation and was hoping this would be IT, or at the very least an option to have around. OMG, worse foundation I've ever tried!! The foundation goes on easily. It looked very creamy/greasy upon application which I thought was weird since this foundation is "oil free". About 20 minutes after application, the color oxidized 2 shades darker! I was already on the way to the mall so I thought OMG maybe no one will notice. THEN it turned an orangy color. Upon seeing my friend, she asked if I didn't have any foundation on today (since none of my imperfections were covered) and why my skin looked all "jacked up". I went straight to the Estee Lauder Counter-wiped this mess off and applied the Double Wear to which my friend laster said oh nice, now your skin is glowing.

What a let down to say the least!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this foundation so bad, but it gave me the worst pimples I've ever seen! The HD powder did the same as well. Coverage and shade were amazing, but getting pimples each time I used it wasn't worth it. I have to admit that I bought this because I saw this well-known YouTube guru/ model put this on to cover her zits (Cassandra Bankston is her name). Actually, her tutorial went viral for a while. So, to all the ladies who suffer from acne, beware of this product. I suggest not buying a full-size UNTIL you know for sure it doesn't break you out, but that's if you want to try it. It may work for you, but just be cautious. I will not buy this product due to bad experience. Don't believe the hype and research the ingredients first.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by deluxeccf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NC30ish (yellow/olive undertones) - tried out 118, 127, 123. Normal to combo skin. Fading acne scars.

Although this looks good in photos, it oddly does not look good in real life which was my biggest issue with this product. I *think* my color was 123 - 127 was far too yellow and 118 too pale. Medium coverage. Pump packaging. Cost is over $40. Nothing too special in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by olivia0708

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this foundation because I had read some pretty good reviews about it. I finally returned it to Sephora today because it has been breaking me out into tiny, itchy pimples. Not only that, but it looks awful on my skin; like others have said, it clings to my dry patches and accentuates spots that I am trying to cover. It's definitly not worth the $45 I spent on it. If you have sensitive skin like I do, I would NOT recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by OrangeUGlad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It got a medium coverage that's definitely build-able if you have enough patience and want more coverage. It doesn't dry me out, or turn me into a grease monster, which is always a good sign. If I wasn't so lazy with face makeup, I'd wear this stuff every day. Unfortunately I can only motivate myself to slap on some foundation one day out of every five weekdays.
Since it gives you moderate coverage, it looks nice and natural which is perfect for my everyday needs. I find that with one "layer" it kinda blurs out any imperfections rather than covering them up completely, which I personally like when I'm out and about doing everyday stuff. If you really want your face to be flawless, you're gonna have to build on it though. I don't have many blemishes except for the odd scar and sometimes red patches on my cheeks right below my eyes. This stuff does a nice job of smoothing them out and giving my skin an even tone.
The bottle is nice enough. It's glass, and sturdy enough to be dropped a few times. It comes with a pump which dispenses just the right amount. I haven't had any issues with product drying up inside the nozzle and then getting spit out at violent speeds, which is another bonus.
Overall I think it's a great product. It's versatile. You can use it as a everyday thing to make your skin look smoother and dewy, or build it up a little when you're going somewhere fancy and want to look blindingly perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not a big fan of this foundation, it clings to any dry patches you have whilst somehow still being quite moisturising so my tzone get incredibly oily. I also can't believe they can call this an invisible foundation because you can see it on top of your skin in natural light, almost like a powdery mask. The only good pointed about this foundation is that it photographs well and does come in a huge range of colours.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried this foundation in the summer of 2012. Although I thought it was amazing at first, it did become less greater towards the fall/winter time because it was too drying on my skin. This is not a foundation for girls with dry skin because it feels itchy and your skin feels tight. If you have oily-combination skin this foundation wpuld be perfect! The cost is too dear for a foundation so i would not repurchase but was pleasantly surprised with the results throughout the months of the summer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetagirl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What can I say about Makeup Forever?!
I was introduced to it about 3 years ago and fell in loooove!!! The foundation is so silky/smooth on my olive tone skin that I have been buying it every time it ran out.
It is a bit pricey at $40 but worth it if you can afford it.

You'll love the feel & the way it looks natural yet gives you absolute full coverage. Use in little amounts so you can save as much as possible :)