Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Αγαπώ αυτο το foundation.Γίνεται "ένα" με την επιδερμίδα μου τόσο,που δεν φαίνεται ότι φοράω.Με την διάρκειά του είμαι αρκετά ευχαριστημένη.Η τιμή του είναι αρκετά υψηλή,και θα το σκεφτόμουν να το ξαναπάρω.

I love this foundation for normal skin type. I have #115(pink),117(yelow), 120(y), 125(y), 128(olive), 150(pink), 155(slightly orange).
Searching for somthing darker similar #128.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised at some of the negative reviews! I love this foundation! I use the shade 115. I have found that after using tons of other foundations, I always seem to come back to this one. I love it for pictures since there's no SPF you don't get any flashback. It's light weight but beautiful coverage. I have found that it works best with my beauty blender. Every time I use this foundation I get compliments on my skin, not on my makeup, but on how beautiful my skin looks!
Also, the shade range is fantastic. I have a really hard time finding something with enough pink undertones without making me look like I have a face of calamine lotion. Shade 115 is perfect for me!

on 5/19/2014 3:38:00 AM

I have tried this foundation in both summer and winter and it just doesnt work for me.
During the winter when my skin is dry (a little drier than average) it clings to my dry patches and looks really patchy. During the summer when my skin becomes a bit more oily it slides off my face after a few hours. I would say this is a low-med coverage foundation.
Pros: really wide range of colours
Good consistency
Doesn't oxidize (on my skin)

on 5/16/2014 12:26:00 AM

This was the first high end foundation I ever tried so naturally I thought it was the most amazing foundation on planet earth (until I broadened my horizons and tried others). I feel like if I didn't have very oily skin with dry patches this would be an amazing foundation.

Don't throw out the bottle when the foundation doesn't pump out anymore!!! Unscrew the top and you'll get an extra weeks worth of foundation.

PROS:
- AMAZING color selection. This foundation seriously matches my skin exactly which has never happened with any other
- nice consistency: thin, but buildable with medium coverage
- does not dry quickly as other foundations do, which allows me to dot it all over my face and take my time blending it
- looks EXTREMELY natural while covering imperfections
- packaging: love pump foundations. Very sanitary.

CONS:
- staying power: slides off my skin in a matter of only a couple hours. I have extremely (need to blot within 10 mins of applying makeup) oily skin, and even after setting with mattifying powder and UD setting spray, it begins to slide around my T-zone and stick to dry patches
- definitely not full coverage as it's advertised
- price is pretty steep for a foundation that doesn't last long
- makes mores seem more visible

Overall, I will not repurchase simply because I have found better foundations for the same price. I assume people with normal skin have better luck with this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have HD Invisible Cover Foundation in color 170 Caramel - for medium skin with dark yellow undertones. At MAC, I wear a NC45 & am surprised to find that the color was color is good on me since I noticed that other NC45 skin tone people say they went with color 173 Amber - for medium skin with dark olive undertones. Color mix-up aside, I really didnít like this makeup too much. I more from a high-end brand like Make Up For Ever. I read amazing reviews & the other MUFE foundation I have (Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation) is my HG one, so I thought I would be equally as impressed with HD Invisible Cover. Itís not horrible, but Iíll say this: I have other foundations that look exactly like this on my skinófor half the cost.

Even though it's advertised & reviewed by some of you as medium-to-full-coverage, I think itís on the thinner side & not the best if Iím having an ugly or hormonal day. My face tends to look flushed & I have some dark spots I could clearly see through this makeup. Conceal for your life if your skin isnít flawless! My skin showing through isnít a bad thing, but if I wanted a tinted moisturizer, thatís what I would have got. When makeup is advertised as "oil-free medium-to-full-coverage", that's what I need it to be.

Anyway, HD applies nicely. After toning & priming my face, I apply it with a damp beauty blender. It blends smoothly & easily, & it did have a natural-looking finish. However, I wasn't impressed with the wear time. I have oily skin & after being out a few hours, I was a greasy mess. It looked both like it disappeared into my skin & like it was falling off my face. Absolutely no primer, setting spray, or powder helped. The satin finish is probably what I dislike the most about this product. It makes me look oilier than I already am. I think that it just wasn't right for my skin type. It costs $42 so I will go ahead & finish off the bottle, but I wonít be buying another. Iíd skip this if you have oily or combination skin.

on 5/10/2014 1:32:00 PM

I heard so much good stuff about the HD foundation and was very exited to try it out but sadly this missed the mark. The color matched me perfectly, the initial application was great. The formula itself is light-medium coverage. If you have redness, freckles and blemishes this stuff will barely cover any of it. You would think that a product called "HD" would deliver better coverage than this! The MUA at Sephora said if you don' use a primer, this will "disappear" at the end of the day. But even with a primer it STILL disappeared. Incredibly disappointed with this product. For me personally if a foundation HAS TO have a primer used with it to do what it's supposed to do is a huge waste of money and a sham. Before primers were invented and became popular, people lived without them. I'm very well versed with make-up and application techniques and even with multiple ways of applying (fingers, foundation brush, beauty blender, stipple brush), and I still had the same results. I really did like how it felt and looked, but for someone who needs more coverage, this is not working for me.

on 5/1/2014 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in Sephora on holiday in France and I am in love. I have oily skin with occasional dry patches. I like my foundation full coverage and matte. I usually avoid satin finish as it tends to make me look more oily. This foundation doesn't. The coverage is medium but buildable to full and it makes my skin look really flawless when I buff it in with a brush. It doesn't make my skin look oily and it lasts ALL DAY. I can put it on first thing and by the evening it's still looking pretty solid. I just hope I can find this in the UK.

on 4/30/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First its not that high coverage second it clings to dry patches like crazy so i think people with dry skin won't like this unless they moisturized and exfoliated their skin really well.
But I actually really like it with my skin being normal it stays on pretty well and the 127 matches me perfectly and it looks AMAZING with flash photography. But if you have alot of blemishes I'd say you should get a really good concealer or get another foundation.

Edit: I tried wearing this in summer and it just melts off so please if you have oily skin don't try buying this! The staying power is horrible

on 4/28/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this foundation. It gives my skin a very natural glow and gives me the ability to build on it for different coverages. I either apply it using my fingers or my Make Up Forever 122 brush, but I actually think that using my fingers to apply and blend works better and also saves more of the product. The amount that comes in the bottle I guess is decent for the price. When the pump starts getting harder to dispense it I screw the top off by twisting the base part of the pump and then I kind of bang it on my hand to get the last little bit out, just a helpful tip!

Pros:
Flawless, really does look good in pictures
Has never made me break out (and I have very sensitive skin) or dried my skin.
Looks natural, not cakey.
Does not settle into fine lines.

Cons:
Is stupid expensive
Does not stay 100% perfect all day, sometimes have to reapply

Overall, this is a wonderful foundation and if you are able to shell out the money for it, go for it! Highly recommend.

Video Reviews & Tutorials