July 29, 2014 | 1911 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is Incredible.

I have tried nearly every high-end fluid available with a light-medium coverage suitable for combo/deyhdrated skin - Chanel, GA, Dior, Guerlain, Lancome, NARS, Bobbi Brown, Stila, and YSL....but Shu's Face Architect tops the lot.

I can't fault it - it applies beautifully without fault either with fingertips or brush, it has a glow without being wet or 'un-set', its so easy to blend and layer, it wears perfectly and is easily removed. The colour range is great (i'm NW/C20 and can use 774 or 784 in winter) and its reasonably priced given the quality. Packaging is great.

There's no scent and this is just the perfect foundation. Buy it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 4:38:00 AM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have been using this for 4 months plus now. Overall, I think this is a great product worth taking a look at. I like how light it feels on the skin, it's easy to blend out and the coverage is buildable to about full without looking cakey (since my skin has hyperpigmented scarring from acne). I have uneven textured skin from acne scarring too, and this is one of the few foundations I've tried so far that doesn't emphasise the uneveness. It hasn't broken me out. The color match is perfect for my skintone too. The negative so far is that it doesn't last that long especially over my T-zone which gets real oily, max 4-5 hours even with a primer and setting powder for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm returning this. For me to shell out $45 for a foundation, it has to be pretty much my HG which this wasn't. I first tried a sample right after I had a peel done on my face and I loved it. I was matched with 564 which of course my local Nordstorm did not have in stock so I ordered it from another Nordstrom which shipped it to me. By this time a couple weeks had gone by since my peel. I was so disappointed when I got it and wore it for the first day. I tried it a second and a third and couldn't justify keeping such an expensive foundation when I like my Revlon Photoready and Beyond Natural so much better. Like the reviewer below me said, you have to have pretty flake free and polished skin to wear this and I can't be giving myself peels every other day just so I can wear this foundation. It clung to all my dry patches and after a few hours I just looked dirty. I also think it wasn't the greatest color match either...a tad too yellow for me. I think if you have great, balanced skin then this would be perfect. Thank goodness Nordstrom will take it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by sg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great foundation, I wish i could give it a 4.5.
    It provides medium coverage with a nice natural finish. It isn't too matte and it isn't very dewy either. The color is wonderful. It looks like my skin but better. It covers my redness (around nose and cheeks) well. I was matched with 974 and it is perfect. The slight yellowness in it works to reduce my redness.
    Overall I would say this is very similar to fresh umbrian clay foundation in coverage and finish. If either of them had a touch more dewiness they would be my HG. Since they don't I will use both and wait until i find the foundation of my dreams.
    Warning- If your skin is dry this will not look good. I couldn't use this until I did a mask and a few nights of serum intervention. When i first tried it my skin was in first blast of winter shoock. This foundation was flaking all over my cheeks, not pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by rakel86

I have been looking for a foundation to replace my Bare Minerals that I always come back to. I have tried to steer away from liquid foundation in the past, not liking the way it felt on my skin. However, when I wear this foundation it feels like I'm wearing nothing. I can wear it all day without my face getting oily or looking dry. This truly is a great foundation that lasts all day. It gives you that polished look without full coverage. Make sure to use it right after moisturizing or you will be able to see some dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ltorres17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation thats is all I really have to say about it :( I have very acne prone skin that usually cant take any kind of foundation because I will break out like crazy but for some reason my skin loves this stuff! It doesnt really do anything to control ur oil so I usually have to blot within 3 hrs but it is worth it. This foundation gives such a great finish its incredible and helps cover up some redness. As for my acne scares it some what hides them but unless you are staring at my face you cant tell. Seriously you should give this a try :)
    I also baught the 18 goat brush which was highly recomemded for this product and sadly my expectations were not met. IDK maybe Im doing it wrong but I fing the Sk flat top brush works better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by BeautyTakesTheCake

I've put this foundation on a variety of ways and there's just NO WAY to mess it up. I've used only my fingers to dab & smooth it on when I'm in a rush, I've used a sponge applicator to smooth it on, I've stippled it on with the MAC 187, and I've even used the Shu Natural 18 Foundation brush to apply it. However you choose to apply this, it goes on beautifully. It gives medium to medium-full coverage and has a bit of a powdery finish.

What I love is that this foundation never cakes and it lasts through an 8 hour day. I don't recall ever needing to touch-up my face with this foundation. I've seem some forums where people say this foundation has oxidized on them and turned orangey. I tested it out and I didn't have a problem with oxidization but I also disagreed with the original shade the SAs picked out for me. They chose #754 for me but it was a bit off - so I self-corrected afterwards.

The only real complaint I have is I can "feel" the foundation sitting on my skin as it's drying. Even though it dries fairly quickly, every now and then during the day I get that feeling of The Foundation is ON again.

Read the whole review + swatches at: http://beautytakesthecake.blogspot.com/2009/10/shu-uemura-face-architect-smoothing.html

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's about $40 for slightly less than 1 ounce of product. I am of Chinese descent and I have tanned skin with yellow undertones. I have never found a foundation that completely matches my skin under this. I tried it out at the Sephora store in Paris while I was on vacation and it matches my skin tone perfectly, stayed on for the entire day and didn't come off, at least noticeably. Blended perfected and my skin looked really natural and it didn't settle in the the fine lines I'm starting to get. I asked my boyfriend if he noticed that I was wearing makeup and he said, "What makeup?" He's either a smart cookie or my makeup really did look good.

Pros: you can build the coverage, natural looking, 934 is perfect for me, good texture, don't have to use a lot, covers my acne blemishes/freckles/large pores

cons: expensive, small amount

verdict: Nothing else has worked this well for me, this is HG for now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by purplerain71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I went to Nordstrom and saw Shu Uemura counter, spoke with SA and she was so nice. I asked her about Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation since my skin does not like ANY of foundations at all, my face felt burn, hyper sensitive and prone to break outs. She explained to me this is only foundation will not break out for my skin type. I took sample home, using samples for two and half weeks. I love how it looks on my skin. Yes I do get oily only on my T-Zone area. I just had to blot once during lunch time. I love how glow it is on my skin. It made my skin look so much healthier! I am going back to Shu Uemura counter and buy one today!!! :)

P.S. Ladies, if you have pale skin, they do have for pale skin, I am number 365. I do not have yellow skin, this is really good one!

UPDATE: They discontinued! Nordstrom no longer selling it. So I moved to Cover FX foundation for hyper-sensitive skin, it seemed to be good one too. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I went and bought it, I sampled it by getting the make up artist to color match me. She applied it on my face and I instantly fell in love! I have blotchy red patches on my skin and this foundation really reduced my redness. It was also made my skin smooth, and my overall complexion was great.

Right after she helped me, I told her I would consider it and come back(since it's so expensive). I then went to dinner with my friends, and went home. At home I did some homework, and when it was midnight I went to the bathroom. Just when I was about to take off my make up I made some observations. The foundation didn't fade or run off my face whatsoever (I wasn't even wearing primer when I tested the foundation)! I'm completely sold on this foundation. I'm going to purchase it the next time I go to the Shu Uemura counter.