April 19, 2014 | 1675 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by kims3142

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a month ago and it is my absolutely #1 beauty item. I have about 5 foundation brushes, including Armani, MAC and Sue Devitt. But this is my favorite, totally worth $17.99.

I love how dense it is and it buffs in/ blends foundation easily & quickly & seamlessly. After I do my foundation, I also use it to blend the edges my blush & the bristles on this is perfect for it.

The issue with my other foundation brushes is that some of them are too small, too long (hair) or too rough. This is none of that so it gives the control & blending we all want to achieve the max out of the foundation.

ONE THING, I do not like the shape of the handle, I wish it was smooth, but it is still the best brush I own and I have about 30?

I wash mine every time I use it & it dries really fast & holds shape very well that I don't even use the brush guards that I do with all of my natural hair ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by casadelmartin

I agree that this is a great brush! I own two and now, want another! Really, Sonia Kashuk brushes are great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent brush!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why splurge on expensive foundation brushes if you already have Sonia Kashuk brushes? It works just as well and is a third of the price of the regular 187 and 109 MAC brush. I love how flawless my application of my foundation looks everytime I use this brush! It does take a while to distribute all over, but it doesn't leave any streak marks. I love that it is small enough to fit in the tiny areas (corners of your nose,etc). I've had this brush for a while and washed it over and over again, unlike any other brushes it managed to maintain its shape. And no shedding! Its 14 bucks, what have you got to lose?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by lcharles9808

This is a great brush. Bristles are soft and does not shed. I love how my foundation looks when I use this brush. Gives a great coverage. I just put several dots of foundation around my face and blend. For 15 dollars it is a good quality brush. Most def will be a HG product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lately, I've been on a rampage. I've been (unnecessarily) splurging soooooo much on makeup brushes. After plowing through MUA, this came up as one of the most popular brushes and I figured, why not give it a go? Given how dense the bristles were, I decided to first try it with a liquid foundation. Following in the footsteps of fellow reviewers, after prepping and priming my skin, I dotted my face with one pumpful of LSC then started buffing and stippling. The end result was a sheer, almost translucent, luminous veil on my face. Now for comparison's sake, I've also used the MAC 190 with the LSC and I've noted that (1) stippling with the SK means you use less wrist action, will feel less like you've run a marathon and more like you've finished your face in record time without breaking a sweat; (2) the bristles are much more softer than the 190 so it feels like you're "sponging" your face with a soft sponge, rather than "painting" your face with a stiff brush; (3) coverage is less than with the 190, so if you're after a more "airbrushed" look, the 190 is the better option but I love the barely-there feel of the SK and will most likely find myself reaching for this baby more.

Edit: This is AMAZING for creme blush. I just tried it with NARS Penny Lane and it works like a dream!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been wanting this brush for over a year, and finally talked myself into buying it (I've been unemployed a lot, and haven't been making superfluous purchases). I finally did last week, and I'm kind of let down. It's almost too dense. It is really soft, but I find that it absorbs product and bleeds a bit when I wash it. I prefer my similar ELF flat-top brush, which was only $3. I'll be putting this up for swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by greenlima

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

so nice to handle, to maneuver. clever design of the handle as well as the hairs. i love smart designs. nice black look too. whoever designed this is the paco underhill of makeup brush designers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this brush to apply liquid foundation and it works very well. It gives me very even and excellent coverage. The brush itself is also of excellent quality. I have experienced no shedding! Just be sure to clean it well and leave plenty of time to dry.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this brush! I generally use a blending sponge for my foundations, but I wanted to try a brush in hopes of using less product and getting better coverage. Sonia Kashuk brushes are absolutely incredible. This flat-top is so incredibly soft and dense! I use no more than a pea-sized drop of my Revlon Colorstay and it gives me full coverage for my entire face. It's so much easier to use than the blending sponge (especially around my monroe piercing) and the foundation doesn't sink down into the brushes. I wish I would have purchased this a long time ago. My foundations are going to last so much longer now. This brush is lovely and I almost can't believe that it was at Target for only $15. I'll take Sonia Kashuk bargain buys over MAC splurges any day of the week.

Edit: Applies foundation a little too heavy for the spring/summer, but works amazingly for highlighting my cheekbones and contouring! Definitely multipurpose and earning its 5 lippies every day :)