April 23, 2014 | 1796 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by megs1226

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have now been using this foundation for 1 year and will never use anything else again. It covers without giving you that look of a "mask effect". I use no.2 for everyday wear and no.3 for when I am tanned. A long with the mattifying primer I can wear this all day and come home after an 8 hour day at work and look exactly the same as what I did when I left that morning. I have full confidence in this make up and rarely ever need to touch up. Testers are available from Myer too! I am so happy with this product as I could not ask for a better foundation. Highly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by linhgaga

I really want to love this foundation with all my heart but I just...can't. First, the colour recommended to me was no.2 which ends up incredibly yellow on me. It actually oxidises quite a bit so during the day it even makes me look more tanned!
Second, it's broken me out horribly, although I always do double cleansing. I seriously have to avoid using it two days in a row.
Third, the SPF is too low.
Having said that I very much appreciate its long lasting power and semi matte finish. So I decided to keep it and mix it with a pinker toned and higher SPF BB cream. That stone kills three birds.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by eilidhdawn05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this foundation however when I get spots, it does cover this up very well.

I do prefer double wear better.

It is also hard to find a shade that suits because it has less colours available. I mix mine with a lighter shade foundation so it matches.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by ElementsOfStyle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is as close to perfect a foundation I have ever tried, and it puts my old MUFE Mat Velvet to shame. 01 is a perfect color match, and the wear and finish are ideal. I hope they never reformulate this product! Will keep buying until they do!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraJlv

I have been using this foundation for a couple of months and i absolutely love it! My skin tends to get oily during the day and i really needed a foundation that could control this and Double Wear Light seems to be very helpful in this matter. Also, it provides a light to medium coverage, which is just perfect. It lasts all day without wearing off. The only problem is that their color range is limited. For example, my skin is fair and the lightest shade (Intensity 1.0) is a bit dark for me. But if i blend it well and i don't ue a lot of foundation, the diference is not obvious. In conclusion, i would definitely recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

The most long lasting foundation after the original double wear! It feels lighter on the skin and has got lighter coverage than the original but is still a good medium coverage foundation. I usually wear this when i know photos will be taken because this one is photo friendly unlike the original double wear. I have combo skin oily on t zone very dry on the rest of my face and this works great! If you have very dry skin and the original double wear was too drying then this is better for you because it is not drying on the skin. but still controls oil for oily skin types. The only problem i have with this is the colors! intensity 1.0 is a bit to dark (im buff in revlon colorstay) but i can king of make it work. But there are many people that are fairer than me and unfortunately can not wear this foundation. Estee lauder should consider introducing a lighter shade. I hear that on strawberrynet they sell intensity 0.5 but still in swatches it does not seem light enough for really fair people who wear a foundation shade like nars siberia.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this in Intensity 1.0 (Illamasqua 4, Clinique Alabaster, ?MAC NC15), new to using EL products. Bought from Harrods.com (alot cheaper than buying in-store from Australia). Apply with a flat-top foundation brush or blender. Satin medium coverage. I use this for work (nurse)
Pros: Easy to apply, very long lasting/*slight* sheen on nose by end of day (normally v.greasy T-zone), doesnt feel heavy on face, buildable coverage w/out looking cakey, packaging means you can get every last drop out, doesnt break me out (irrelevant point, because everybody is different - but still a plus)
Cons: Colour range minimal and very 'yellow', packaging means you cant put excess product back, it has SPF in it (might be a Pro for some).
VERDICT: If I didnt have Illamasqua Skin Base, I would almost call this HG. I will buy this again! I want to try the original DW though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros: Really great medium coverage foundation. Fantastic staying power. Good for oily skin. Blends well. Has a nice satin finish. Not too matte and doesn't get super shinny by the end of the day for oily skin
Cons: Gives me some breakouts. Limited color range.

Comparison to Original DW: Less color choices, satin instead of matte finish, medium to full coverage instead of full to mask coverage, same longevity, squeeze tube instead of glass bottle, increased drying time

Would buy again. If you have oily skin, you really should give the Estee Lauder line a look if you want liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really loved this foundation when the SA at Nordstrom applied it. And to its credit, it provides really good coverage, doesn't feel heavy, and hasn't made my skin break out (at least not so far). However, I feel like it tends to settle into my pores and smile lines in a way that makes it really obvious that I'm wearing foundation, which isn't the look I'm going for. Also, I use the palest shade and I think even that is slightly too orange for me--it's okay if I blend it really well (and it looked great in the store when the SA applied it), but between that and pore-settling thing I won't be re-purchasing. However, it's not so bad that I'm not going to finish the tube--it's good for days when I need to be very made up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by fishiebubble

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Stays on well, however there is a very limited colour range.

Make sure you have some good makeup remover to get this stuff off!