April 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by linhgaga

I really want to love this foundation with all my heart but I just...can't. First, the colour recommended to me was no.2 which ends up incredibly yellow on me. It actually oxidises quite a bit so during the day it even makes me look more tanned!
Second, it's broken me out horribly, although I always do double cleansing. I seriously have to avoid using it two days in a row.
Third, the SPF is too low.
Having said that I very much appreciate its long lasting power and semi matte finish. So I decided to keep it and mix it with a pinker toned and higher SPF BB cream. That stone kills three birds.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by eilidhdawn05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this foundation however when I get spots, it does cover this up very well.

I do prefer double wear better.

It is also hard to find a shade that suits because it has less colours available. I mix mine with a lighter shade foundation so it matches.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by ElementsOfStyle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is as close to perfect a foundation I have ever tried, and it puts my old MUFE Mat Velvet to shame. 01 is a perfect color match, and the wear and finish are ideal. I hope they never reformulate this product! Will keep buying until they do!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraJlv

I have been using this foundation for a couple of months and i absolutely love it! My skin tends to get oily during the day and i really needed a foundation that could control this and Double Wear Light seems to be very helpful in this matter. Also, it provides a light to medium coverage, which is just perfect. It lasts all day without wearing off. The only problem is that their color range is limited. For example, my skin is fair and the lightest shade (Intensity 1.0) is a bit dark for me. But if i blend it well and i don't ue a lot of foundation, the diference is not obvious. In conclusion, i would definitely recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

The most long lasting foundation after the original double wear! It feels lighter on the skin and has got lighter coverage than the original but is still a good medium coverage foundation. I usually wear this when i know photos will be taken because this one is photo friendly unlike the original double wear. I have combo skin oily on t zone very dry on the rest of my face and this works great! If you have very dry skin and the original double wear was too drying then this is better for you because it is not drying on the skin. but still controls oil for oily skin types. The only problem i have with this is the colors! intensity 1.0 is a bit to dark (im buff in revlon colorstay) but i can king of make it work. But there are many people that are fairer than me and unfortunately can not wear this foundation. Estee lauder should consider introducing a lighter shade. I hear that on strawberrynet they sell intensity 0.5 but still in swatches it does not seem light enough for really fair people who wear a foundation shade like nars siberia.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this in Intensity 1.0 (Illamasqua 4, Clinique Alabaster, ?MAC NC15), new to using EL products. Bought from Harrods.com (alot cheaper than buying in-store from Australia). Apply with a flat-top foundation brush or blender. Satin medium coverage. I use this for work (nurse)
Pros: Easy to apply, very long lasting/*slight* sheen on nose by end of day (normally v.greasy T-zone), doesnt feel heavy on face, buildable coverage w/out looking cakey, packaging means you can get every last drop out, doesnt break me out (irrelevant point, because everybody is different - but still a plus)
Cons: Colour range minimal and very 'yellow', packaging means you cant put excess product back, it has SPF in it (might be a Pro for some).
VERDICT: If I didnt have Illamasqua Skin Base, I would almost call this HG. I will buy this again! I want to try the original DW though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros: Really great medium coverage foundation. Fantastic staying power. Good for oily skin. Blends well. Has a nice satin finish. Not too matte and doesn't get super shinny by the end of the day for oily skin
Cons: Gives me some breakouts. Limited color range.

Comparison to Original DW: Less color choices, satin instead of matte finish, medium to full coverage instead of full to mask coverage, same longevity, squeeze tube instead of glass bottle, increased drying time

Would buy again. If you have oily skin, you really should give the Estee Lauder line a look if you want liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really loved this foundation when the SA at Nordstrom applied it. And to its credit, it provides really good coverage, doesn't feel heavy, and hasn't made my skin break out (at least not so far). However, I feel like it tends to settle into my pores and smile lines in a way that makes it really obvious that I'm wearing foundation, which isn't the look I'm going for. Also, I use the palest shade and I think even that is slightly too orange for me--it's okay if I blend it really well (and it looked great in the store when the SA applied it), but between that and pore-settling thing I won't be re-purchasing. However, it's not so bad that I'm not going to finish the tube--it's good for days when I need to be very made up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by fishiebubble

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Stays on well, however there is a very limited colour range.

Make sure you have some good makeup remover to get this stuff off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by stls

I never thought I would rate a foundation with 5 lipsticks, it's the beauty item I have the most trouble with.
First of all I have very fair neutral combination to oily acne prone skin and sensitive due to going through almost every acne treatment known to man (various internal and external antibiotics, retinoids, benzoyl peroxide, azelaic acid creams, differin gel, AHA, salicylic acid stuff, I've tried them all!)

Through the past eight years of wearing foundation daily I've been searching for the perfect one.
The one that will match my skin tone.
The one that will not break me out.
The one that will not oxidize.
The one that will look natural.
The one that will provide medium buildable coverage.
The one that will not sink in my pores.
The one that will be easy to apply.
The one that will stay on most of the day.
The one that will control oil.

Unfortunately, despite my desperate efforts every foundation I tried had its flaws.
I could not find a decent color match in MAC. NC15 was too yellow and and NW15 too dark and orange. Also broke me out.
Double Wear too dark, too heavy coverage, same thing with Dermablend.
Healthy Mix didn't control oil.
Normaderm didn't last long.
All Clinique's, Stila's and Avene's foundations were too dark.
Bourjois' Youth Power looked completely fake and transferred like crazy.
A Lancaster looked too powdery.
Another Clarins had no coverage.
I could continue describing my HG foundation search till eternity but it doesn't matter anymore, I finally found THE ONE!

I received a sample of Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, Intensity 1 with a magazine. I have NEVER in my entire life gotten a foundation sample to match my color, so I put it on when I was not planning to go out just to feel the texture.

This was the first surprise, my neck and my face looked like they belonged to the same body!
Still, not perfect, a tiny bit darker than I'd like. I would say it's leaning towards cool, around NW10 I guess, but it didn't look off.
And then... it applied easily. And made my pores look smaller. And gave decent coverage without looking fake.
The finish was mostly matte but not too matte or flat.
Left it there for the whole day without powdering and it didn't look like an oil slick at all, just dewy by the end of the day. My face looked smooth, not completely natural (too good looking complexion to be true but nowhere near mask-like)
Then I purchased a full sized tube and gladly payed the pricetag.
All the above were true, it wasn't just the first impression. And it has not broken me out. I prefer finger application with this one. If I need more coverage I add one more layer with flat brush on targeted areas.
Thanks God no more foundation search for me, hopefully we'll live happily ever after...

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No