September 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I purchased this foundation for my wedding a couple of years ago and I was immediately impressed at the coverage and the long-wearing nature of Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. It offers a dewy finish, but not so overt that it comes off shiny in photos when set with powder and a spritz of water. Although it worked great for photos, I would not repurchase this foundation for day-to-day use. The color the SA set me up with, intensity #2, ran a tad too yellow, in my opinion, but more than anything it felt too heavy for regular use.

In my observation, silicones, such as Dimethicone, are responsible for some of the foundations that wear the longest and are most resistant to oil and water. Unfortunately, they don't always breathe all that well. In short, silicone-heavy formulas don't feel all that natural or healthy. As such, I would reserve Estee Lauder Double Wear Light for special occasions, especially those where re-touching one's makeup is out of the question. When I need a long-wearing foundation for daytime or casual use, I feel the equally-effective, lighter-on-the-skin alternative is Revlon's ColorStay Foundation. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the price and the color choices are better too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've heard that the Double Wear is really good at coverage but masks you up, so I thought I'd give DW Light a try. This idea lasted pretty much until I looked at my face in the mirror after getting it painted on at the counter - maybe she put it on really thick, but it looked like a ton of makeup and masky and you could very clearly see 5-6 pores in my nose like little holes in the foundation. When I disapproved the salesperson told me that I just have to exfoliate and moisturise "a lot" to wear this foundation.
I politely declined to purchase. My roommate even commented on how terrible it looked when I got home and went to wash the whole load off. My search for a good foundation continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Misirlou1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't hate this foundation, but it just isn't ideal for my skin type. It didn't irritate my skin, which made me happy.But I found the finish a bit too matte, which was great for my oily skin...but not so for my large pores. This foundation really accentuated them, which wasn't very attractive :( Maybe I just put on too much, maybe it was the combination with the powder... I don't know.... It just didn't look pretty on my face... And it also didn't control my oil, because after a few hours my face looked all shiny again.

I bought tis in the lightest shade, which was still a tiny bit too dark for my NC20 skin, and it had a slight hint of pink in it (so not a super match for my yellow based skin tone)

But... I won't throw it away yet, because I do love the fact that (although it is hard to remove) it didn't clog my pores or irritated my skin, which is a big plus. Just have to experiment a little bit more with a primer, other way of apllicitations etc... But not right now, because I have my rosacea (almost/sort of) under control , so i just love to use a minimum of make-up and skincare products: rozex cream, sunscreen, mascara, Jane Iredale purepressed base and blush. I don't like the idea of putting to much products on my face, so if I don't need to hide/camouflage a lot of spots I go for a natural look :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Tishy24

The colouring didn't work for me, and when I finally got the coverage I liked, it just looked like I was wearing too much foundation and too much of the wrong foundation.

I think it would be a good foundation for people who don't want a lot of foundation and aren't oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by katherinepierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think it's safe to say this is my winter foundation. I'd have to buy a different shade in summer which would be very expensive because my skin has different degrees of tan through the year.
Foundations work very differently to everyone. Double Wear Light is probably the perfect foundation for me! I don't have significant blemishes, so a layer of this product (I apply with the Make Up Forever foundation brush) is enough to give my skin a flawless finish. I don't like matte foundations... This one is the perfect balance between matte and dewy. Doesn't look shiny at all. Looks beautiful and really, really natural. Some people can't even tell I use foundation, I'd say it's a great accomplishment.
Best foundation I've tried so far. I would repurchase. I should, actually. I switched to HD from MUFE and I regret it deeply.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by ellyna92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product 2 weeks ago. I told the SA that I wanted a medium coverage foundation with a mat finish that would last all day. I also told her I read good reviews on the internet about the regular Double Wear foundation and that I'd like to try it. She told me that the regular DW would be too heavy for my skin: in fact I don't have particular blemishes to conceal.
She tried intensity 1 and 2 on my neck, and she matched me intensity 2 because it would be able to cover redness on my cheeks (my skin is very sensitive, in particular in the cold season).
I found it melted wonderfully into my skin, and that it really covered redness, so I bought it.

The next day I tried it.
The packaging is slim, travel-friendly. It comes in a pale beige bottle with blue words written over it. The cap is gold with a blue line surrounding it.
It looked like it screamed at me 'I AM EXPENSIVE', and in fact it is.

I squeezed the product out and I found it very runny. I applied it with my fingers and I HATED IT. It didn't cover anything, and I had to conceal redness with my Lancome Effacernes.

After a few hours I didn't have any foundation on my face anymore, and in the evening, when I cleansed my face, on my cotton pad there was only the pink of my blush.

The next day I decided to give it another try since in Italy we can't return products.
I applied it with my flat foundation brush: I managed to build the coverage up with two layers of foundation.
I had to use a lot of product, but I loved the result: flawless skin, with a semi-mat finish. I made the mistake to use powder to set it, and it looked like my nose was craking :S This foundation's a bit drying.

The next day I used the same technique without using powder over it, and the lasting power was noticeable.

I'm still using it with the same technique and I love the look it gives me, but I don't see why I should spend this amount of money (37.50 euros) for a product that will last maybe a month? A month and half? Because of the amount I have to use in order to obtain the result I want.

The are other foundations which cost 10 euros less and with which I manage to achieve the same result with a very small amount of product (for example Collistar foundation+primer which costs only 25.50 euros).

P.S. I read that a reviewer noticed a weird smell...I noticed it too, this stuff sometimes smells like paint. But I also sometimes notice that it smells exactly the same as Sumptuous Extreme mascara. I think that EL products always have the same cinnamon smell.... Am I the only one who noticed that particular spicy smell?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by mimibeauty

I'm not one to write reviews on easily, but I must say, the BESTTTT light foundation you can ever find, hands down.
The tube lasts for a longg time, I'm on my 4th one (shows the dedication & love), and it's my favourite.
It looks very natural, the coverage is medium I'd say and it honestly feels very light on your skin, sometimes I even forget I have foundation on.
DEFINITELY AN AMAZING FOUNDATION

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I am on my second tube of this foundation so I think it is pretty safe to say that I like it a whole lot. This foundation is $42.50 CAD, comes in 6 shades, is packaged in a very sleek tube, has medium coverage with a soft matte finish and is unscented. It has a fairly thick consistency but it still very easy to blend with your fingers or a brush. It will set on its own within a few minutes of applying the foundation and you will be able to feel it on your face but it is NOT a heavy or cakey feeling. The thing I love about this foundation is that it has incredibly good wear time without the need for a primer or powder. I put this foundation on at the beginning of my day without powder and wear it until the late hours and it is always flawless when I take it off. Depending on your skin type you may find that when you first apply this foundation that it looks a bit powdery as it does on me since I have normal/dry skin but within half an hour or so any powdery look it gone. Even though this foundation doesn't have a fragrance, it does have some kind of chemically scent to it which may bother some people- I personally don't mind it since when I apply it to my face the smell fades away. My one con with this foundation is that it has very poor buildability in the sense that it will start to get cakey quickly if you go beyond one layer OR two thin layers. A great dupe for this foundation is Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation which I believe comes in more shades and is a tad bit more blendable than this one- I love them both equally. I will be repurchasing yet again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by bellatrixstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is a God send. I love the lasting power, and the fact that it has great coverage for being a "light" foundation. It could be described more light/medium because it does coverage redness and under eye darkness. It is not thick enough to cover large zits, and bright red spots, but it does a wonderful job anyway. I used to have very oily and acne prone skin up until I was 21 or 22. I have since developed, with the help of a good cleansing and moisturizing routine, beautiful skin. This foundation compliments a woman's complexion without being waxy or cakey. It hold up very well. I put it on at 7 am, and then I blot my face with tissue paper at 12:30. All you need is a blot every 5-6 hours, and you will be great. I have once worn this foundation from 7am - 9pm. It looked good for only having to blot with tissue. I did add a swipe of powder over my face later in the evening, but overall my face did not need a lot of maintenance. I bough this in a pack that offered a DVD, concealer, and a foundation brush. It was a great value overall. By itself it is expensive, but a little goes a long way so the bottle should last over 4 months (that is if you are wearing it every day). I have had my bottle/tube for over a year, but I only wear it two or three times a week. I switch up my foundation routine between tinted moisturizers, bb creams, powder, and long wear foundation. My skin changes with the seasons and the weather, so I typically own three foundations at a time. I use Maybelline oil control powder. It's super cheap at Walmart. Like 4 bucks. It sounds weird that I use expensive foundation but cheap powder, but cheap can be effective. I usually mix and match my products from the department store and the drugstore/online stores. I wear intensity no. 1. It is for fair/light skin. I have light skin, but it is not Asian white-yellow, or English transluscent skin. I have light skin with pink undertones. It works well for me. It blends with my neck, but because I am so fair and the foundation is so light, I do have to wear some type of shimmer or blush. I will buy this product again. The concealer that came with it was great. If you don't want another foundation brush or the dvd, just toss the dvd, and give the brush to some else. Overall, the foundation is great, and the kit that EL sells is wonderful too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by YoureSoSweet

I have been on the search for a foundation that feels light and natural and double wear light is definitely that and more!

For color, I'm a NW20 and have Intensity 1.0 and it matches wonderfully. As far as coverage, it's pretty build-able. The finish is semi-matte, natural yet matte. If that makes any sense. I have an oily t-zone and dryness in random places like cheeks and around the nose and this doesn't cling to dry patches (after proper moisturizing of course) and doesn't make me an oil slick by the end of the day. Yay!

Definitely recommend if you are a foundation junkie, like myself :)