July 31, 2014 | 1295 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by YoureSoSweet

I have been on the search for a foundation that feels light and natural and double wear light is definitely that and more!

For color, I'm a NW20 and have Intensity 1.0 and it matches wonderfully. As far as coverage, it's pretty build-able. The finish is semi-matte, natural yet matte. If that makes any sense. I have an oily t-zone and dryness in random places like cheeks and around the nose and this doesn't cling to dry patches (after proper moisturizing of course) and doesn't make me an oil slick by the end of the day. Yay!

Definitely recommend if you are a foundation junkie, like myself :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Rach135

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this foundation! Firstly the tube makes it easy to get the product out in an controllable way,unlike glass bottles I've had before, so you can control how much you get out. The cover is amazing, it has a natural dewy finish and for once I don't feel caked in make up! Finally, the best part is it actually lasts! I wore it without primer for a day and by the time I went to bed it looked exactly the same as when I'd first applied!

The only misleading thing about the product is the fact its not as lightweight as its made out to be, however this isn't a problem as it still looks and feels natural it just means the coverage is just better!

I will defiantly be re-purchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by daisy5679

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally wear light coverage foundation but was looking for something with a little more coverage for special occasions. After reading reviews, I knew EL Double Wear would be too heavy for me so I went for Double Wear Light. I was a little skeptical at first because the shade range is pretty limited, but the MA matched me to shade 2 which is a pretty good match. I like that it covers well and doesn't feel heavy on my skin. I'm also impressed with the staying power. Most of my sheer foundations disappear completely by the end of the day, this one still looks pretty good at the end of the day. The only thing I don't like is the matte finish. I like a more luminous finish, but to remedy that I mix Boots No7 Highlights Illuminating Lotion in with it. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Abbieness

Purchased based on MUA recommendations. Have repurchased three times. Offers medium coverage that can build to cover well. Somewhat thicker consistency on skin, can feel heavy at times and I have learned I need to start with thin layer and slowly build. I have sensitive, combo, clog prone skin. I find it is not drying on me, not does it make me overly oily. In winter currently I do not need powder or blotting. But warmer temps I use powder over it and occassionally need to blot. Has lasting power and lasts on me for a full 8 hour day. I usually use washcloth with my cleaner to remove as it is so lasting and needs real removal by nighttime. Good color match for my ivory based pale skin. I use Intensity 1.0. I like to use the matching concealer over it. The packaging is not very attractive but the squeeze tube is good for getting all product out and not wasting any. It is also on the expensive side but for me it is worth it because I need the coverage for dark spots and evening out redness and dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I really like the packaging of this tube. Its hygienic and easy to control the amount of product you want out. I'm using 2.0, its a perfect match for my NC20/25 complexion. It blends right in without being detectable and lasts all day. I feel that it makes me look more awake and hides my imperfections without looking heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by arenee202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

THE BEST all day complete coverage makeup that looks and feels all natural all day. *Must be paired with the concealer to look good. If you want long lasting coverage that doesnt eventually set into lines and cause that thick look then this is the only one I have yet to find..the perk is not only does it last and look natural but it gives that supple youthfulness to your skin. I use the concealer under eyes around crease and over "frown lines" so less visable. I have freckles and this covers if I want it to. My cousin uses it to have coverage for her acne on her cheeks..her past foundation the max coverage double wear looked cackie over her blemishes. I have uploaded a pick where I am wearing the Double Wear light and the bonze goddess bronzer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best thing about this is the hygenic tube.
The color range is limiting. I had shade 2.0- it was an ok match.
The smell is horrific- it's so pungent, I was surprised at how few others mentioned it.
After i got past it, it dissipated- but the foundation made my face itch ultimately.
Not for me. And the smell- grrr. Glad it was a sample- won't be purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love everything about this makeup. Let's start with the raves: the medium is the most perfect match for my skin (NC30). A little goes a long way and it blends like a dream with my fingers. No primer is needed. It lasts all freaking day long. It doesn't cake, it doesn't settle into my fine lines, it doesn't float, it doesn't oxidize and best of all, it covers everything while still looking natural. This looks just as great when I get home from work as it did when I put it on 10-11 hours earlier. This is by far the closest I've found to a 'my skin but better' product. Absolutely no break outs. The packaging is terrific, I can get every last drop out by cutting the tube. Price is reasonable.Now, for the rants. *sounds crickets*

I wish I had found this sooner. It would have saved me a lot of money.

UPDATE: I still love this but I think they reformulated w/o the SPF 10, just FYI.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this foundation. This is my HG in summer or when I want good coverage. I'm lucky that I found one to match my skin tone very well as the shade selection is very poor.

I use Bourjois 10hr sleep effect for now because I don't need the coverage this provides and after having my bottle of this for a year, it started to itch on my cheeks at the end of the day. (Probably expired but the tube has lasted me along time with everyday use). It is way too expensive but worth it. Regular Double Wear is much too heavy for me to wear. This is much lighter.

I will say I don't like the scent of it but it's not too bad. And you have to work with it very fast as it sets quickly. It also doesn't oxidize, I use less concealer due to the coverage this provides on pimples and it doesn't break me out or make me oily faster.

However, you have to cleanse really well to get this stuff off at the end of the day. But at least it's not as heavy as MAC's Studio Fix Fluid. Another con is that the bottle sometimes squirts out too much product so I have to fiddle with it to get it to suck it back into the tube and the tube can get messy.

I wrote that I'd repurchase but it's more like a maybe as I'm sure there are foundations out there just like this but for a better price. We shall see :o)

(edited to add: I went back to this from the Bourjois foundation because of the transferring problem of 10hr sleep effect and I was breaking out badly and needed more coverage. This hardly transfers and does a good job of controlling the oil on my face. And I love the coverage!)

If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by KatieLesterUK

This is my go too foundation, I usually wear this or Mac Studio Fix Fluid!
Pros:
•Stays on all day
•Thick, so good coverage
•Buildable
•Doesnt make me break out
Cons:
•Heavy on the skin
•Expensive
•Coverage wears off through out the day
•Drys out skin
•You have to work fast with it, or it looks uneven