April 17, 2014 | 1017 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by akapearl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hardly ever write reviews...no particular reason, I just dont but I really needed to write this. I have been searching for what seems like years for my signature scent. I was not discriminating. I'm one of those woman who loves quality- fashion, accessories and people. I wanted a quality perfume that would last as long as and had the strength of Angel but not as strong as Angel. HARD to find- if you don't already know. If I liked it...I bought it. The only problem was I thought I "liked" alot of the ones I bought and now will be selling some on ebay. Additionally, the biggest thing is my mood. Out of all those I bought I was not in the mood to wear them everyday...which guess what... is NOT a signature fragrance which I define as a perfume I'm in the mood to wear everyday. I had not found it until I tried Chloe'. I remember visiting Nordstroms in the mall and casually walking through the fragrance isle...still on my quest for my signature and I saw Chloe'. My new thing so I would stop buying fragrances that I would need to end up selling was to spray it on, walk through the mall and keep checking it on my wrist and in some cases leave and take a couple of days to decide. I remember the next day not able to forget how the scent made me feel walking thru the mall and well I just really liked/loved it. So I went to Macy's later that week and invested in Chloe' EDP and the body cream. You notice I used the word invest. No, not cheap but what is these days! I LOVE it. I'm wearing it now and actually look forward to putting it on everyday! That is such a huge statement for me to make and I hope the same goes for you. Enjoy Chloe' as its a keeper!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by PaintedRed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can see why this is a fragrance that people would either love or hate. Unfortunately, I’m in the latter category.
I typically gravitate towards deeper, stronger fragrances (Addict is my fave, I also love Amarige and Armani Code). I do like clean smelling fragrances as well, and I enjoy florals that aren’t overly sweet and young smelling, so this sounded right up my alley. Unfortunately, I found this smell (on me, anyway) to be borderline offensive….the kind of sharp, cloying smell that instantly makes you pull your head back for fresh air. Sharp is really the only way I can think to describe this…and I did pick up the ‘clean’ smell in an odd way…I also had the chemical/cleaning product reaction on my skin. Awful. Experience tells me to NEVER spray a fragrance tester on my skin, but for whatever reason, I did just that. I couldn’t get the smell off of me and definitely not off of my clothes. I’m not sure how some reviews say you can’t spray too much of this because, honestly, one spray was SO incredibly strong…I was embarrassed to be walking around with it. I attended a meeting afterwards (I sprayed this on a lunch trip to Nordstrom), and I wanted to apologize to the woman sitting next to me. (I saw her turned away from my direction, by the way, and I’m sure this was why). After washing my arm, it was considerably more subdued, but definitely noticeable…and not in a pleasant way. Definitely try this one out because fragrances are SO subjective to body chemistry…perhaps this one just did not jive with mine. All of that said, I was given a sample of Love, Chloe at the same time and I absolutely ADORE that one. It may be a new signature fragrance for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by eksqzmi

I smell fabric softener with a hint of rose with this perfume. It could also very well smell soapy or detergent-like, as others have stated. This isn't the type of perfume you'll get compliments on, but it's good if you want people to know that you're clean - or at least that your clothes are. I personally prefer a more understated approach. I like my soap to do it's job and leave the premises, not linger around me all day causing me annoyance. Last time I order perfume online.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The BEST perfume EVER! I actually prefer the EDT than the EDP. This is such a light perfume. I can't even describe this, I don't know where to start! Its perfect for any occasion, whether it be during the day or a night out! I always get compliments and people always ask what I'm wearing. I like this because the smell is so unique! It's fresh, fruity and clean like i just got out of the shower! Even if you spray a little more than youre supposed to, its wont smell too powerful or overbearing at all! The scent lasts the whole day and even sticks to my hair overnight! Definitely my go to perfume! I have about 30 other perfumes, and this is definitely one that I will never get tired of! A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by absolia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautiful, clean and unique fragrance. I feel so "polished" when I wear it. It lasts a very long time and is very strong, but since the fragrance isn't actually cloying, the fact that it's so strong is really just a bonus; can't say the same for most fragrances. I sometimes still feel like a teenager but when I use this perfume, I feel more mature. That probably sounds silly but this stuff is magical.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by midhav

HG! This is my all time favourite day perfume, it smells really classy, elegant, and it lingers forever and ever, its not over powering and can be worn both day or at night, and the cute bow around the perfume bottle just makes it even more cute. I feel fresh when i wear this.
This is my daytime HG perfume and at night i wear HG Juicy couture Viva la Juicy.
I cant live without this perfume, i am addicted to it from the first time i smelled it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by innocencia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know it smells a bit sharp at the beginning but after ten minutes its so amazing. Soft, clean, sensuel and very elegant. You can wear it every day in the year, can't go wrong with it! Just love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by pebbles1384

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the scent first time I smelled it. I get many compliments on this scent. I gave it a 4 because at times it's too strong. It will be one of favorites for years to come.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by eaugirlspirit

I definitely made a mistake the other day at Sephora when I smelled the nozzle, said, "this is so nice!" walked over to the rollerball stand and purchased it. On my way home I rolled myself up and got nauseous from the smell! It's a nice rose at first, but when blended with everything else I can't stand the smell! I thought I may have been drawn to the "cleanliness" but forget that, and this fragrance is not even sweet on me and has litchi! All frags with litchi are usually sweet on me.... this is NOT my fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

Ugh, this is just dreadful on me. Think very strong laundromat smell - very sharp and powdery with some cloying sweetness thrown in. There is no smoothness to it, no warmth, and it isn't even particularly fresh - just an instant headache in a bottle for me. This reminds me of CK Escape, in that in your face synthetic kind of way. I wish I could rate higher as it seems to have many fans, but I just can't.