September 21, 2014 | 1264 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by chika

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love. I have always exfoliated like crazy. It has kept this 63 year old skin smooth and soft. When I found this, I doubted it could be better than the other items I have used but I was WRONG! This does the best job of exfoliating ever. I have given one to several friends and family members and they all tell me how much they appreciated the gift.

For those with delicate skin, I would say, "Stay away." This is not for you. I would also not recommend for any sensitive areas or the face.

The size of this is great for reaching your back and giving it the kind of scrub you can get with few other tools.

I have only had this for about 6 months but I have no doubt that it will last for a long, long time. Should it ever need to be replaced, rest assured that I will order one as quickly as possible.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Can't add anything new to all the raves, just co-signing. Love it, can't live without it, hope won't ever have to. Have used it for years, always gotten it in blue, light blue, or turquoise (mostly from amazon), texture of all the blue shades is perfect for me, haven't tried other colors, don't know if there would be a difference, I just get blue ones because they match everything else in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love my Salux cloth! It is very abrasive especially when you first begin to use it. I do not use this cloth on my face or the juicy bit -- it's too harsh for that tender skin! But for legs, arms, and back, it's divine. This has really helped the smoothness and overall look of my skin, and I think it's fun to use on your back since you can slide it back and forth! To clean you can toss it in the washer and then just hang it up to dry. It lasts a long time, I've had mine for years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best exfoliating cloth out there. Even beats my beloved Body Shop exfoliating gloves for exfoliating power. I was initially shocked by how abrasive this was when I first used it (although I'm used to it now), but I suppose it's the abrasiveness which makes it so good at exfoliating. I use it all over, even on my face (although I'm very careful to rub very softly) and it has helped with the KP on my arms although it has not eliminated it completely. The long cloth is useful for cleaning hard to reach places such as the back. My only complaint about this is that it doesn't come in a glove version. I find the cloth quite difficult to use everywhere except on my back because the cloth doesn't allow for a great deal of grip and manoeuvrability. For this reason, I find that I don't use it as much as I'd like and tend to use the less effective Body Shop gloves which - although not as good at exfoliating - are at least more convenient and easier to use. Despite this, I think I'll always have the Salux on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by JudithSpencer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Salux cloths for almost 30 years...ever since I lived in Japan, a place where the women have the most beautiful skin. I use the cloth on my body and on my face, daily...my doctor commented the other day that my skin is much "younger" looking than my age (68) would indicate.

I can highly recommend this product..not only does it do a great job of exfoliating but it is much more hygienic than regular terry cloth.

The Slaux cloths last forever...they DO get softer with age and for those who find them too harsh to use on the face when they are new, the older, softer ones are great for that. I've given these cloths to all my friends. People comment on my complexion a lot and I always give credit to good genes first but to my Salux cloth next!

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I guess I'm one of the few people who dislikes this. I find it too harsh and unpleasant - both during use and afterwards, when my skin tingles and not in a good way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First time I used it, it felt like running cut glass over my skin, but good in a weird way. I love how my after shower cream goes on. Now I don't want to take a shower without it. I went on vacation for a week and forgot it at home. Showers were just not the same.

For you Ontario girls you can get them at your nearest TSN store (Asian grocery store). I went back and bought more and gave them out to friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by princeandpuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after seeing all these rave reviews. Unfortunately, I live in a remote isolated community outside of the US so it was annoying to track down, had to order one on ebay and it took over a month to arrive.
Back to the point, this is great. It's durable and effective. I use it every few days and every time I plan to tan or fake bake, it gives me more even and longer lasting results.
I tried it on my after reading a review from a member who said she loved it on her face. OUCH and gross, not only did it hurt, even with very gentle pressure, it also made my skin flare up with both irritation and impurities. No fun.
This is a great product, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by torirendon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would buy this product a million times over!!!!! I bought this product from Joie at saluxshop.com like many others did.I ordered them on a Sunday,so they were shipped out on Monday and I got them on Wednesday. I ordered four of them for $16 (two for my fiance and two for me) which included shipping. It was the best investment I have ever made! My flakey skin on my nose is gone,my skin is baby soft! Thank you MUA because I would have never found this product on my own. The scrubbies and loofahs I have are going into the trash. I will recommend these to anyone and everyone who wants to get more use of soap,amazing skin,ect.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by H20girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Think I must be the only person in the MUA universe who did not like the Salux cloth. Found this to be way too harsh and scratchy for my skin. Tried using with no presure and with a thick moisture packed shower gel but this cloth just grated up my skin leaving it red, blotchy and anything but smooth. Was not good for my sensitive skin. Found it is good for scrubbing shower tiles so my $5 did not go to waste.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No