Becca Fine Loose Finishing Powder

4.4

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: Iron Oxides CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499, Yellow 5 CI 1914O, Ultramarines CI 77007

on 1/4/2003 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I thought I would really love this after all the great reviews I read. I didn't. It was so dry and chalky looking on me. I don't even have dry skin! The color selection was great, however. When I tried my color on my jawline, it seemed to meld in effortlessly. I just don't like the formulation. I'll take my Laura Mercier Translucent or even CG loose any day over this.

on 12/27/2002 5:56:00 AM

Wonderful powder! It leaves a really natural finish and keeps me looking matte all day. This is one great powder! The only bad thing about it is that it's not that easily accessible.

on 12/26/2002 7:45:00 PM

This controls oil and shine but I think they're are cheaper versions out there that work just as well. I wouldn't repurchase this again.

on 12/25/2002 4:58:00 PM

When I went to NY, I happen to go into Bergdorf to see what was the hoopla with all these products. The MA did the whole shebang and it included the finishing powder. I'll just say that I am probably in the minority that this is just your plain old variety powder. I mean, it is nice but it's nothing to rave about or to spend extreme amount of $$ (yes, it is pricey!!). Yes, it provides a decent finish and yes, it helps dim out the sheen. BUT it's your average powder and way over priced. I personally love T.LeClerc cause it's just as good (if not better) and you can purchase it for only $13 in Euro or even C$30 in Canada in some places. Overall, it's just an average overpriced powder.

on 12/24/2002 10:37:00 PM

I used a sample of this and it's a very nice powder. It doesn't show up as powdery as most powders and is just there enough to set your make up. It does have a purfumey scent, but this doesn't last for much so you need not worry about it.

on 12/3/2002 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got a sample pot of Ginger from a local MUAer and I have to say, this is a lovely lovely EXTREMELY fine-milled powder. It doesn't look cakey and adds a pretty glow to my face. I know she encountered a problem with the packaging (if I ever splurged on this expensive powder, I would put it in a new pot -- hers spilled all over the place, and the puff is just too difficult to use) so I rated it down for that despite the fact that I don't own it. I also marked it down because it is pricey, but a little goes a long way and you do get a fairly generous amount. From what I can tell the colors are beautiful and really suit a wide range of skin tones. I didn't not like this paired with my sample of the LSC because it made me just too glowy. I prefer to wear it over my mineral or liquid foundations.

on 11/16/2002 6:18:00 PM

I love this powder so much! It makes my skin look natural, but it also gives it a finished look. No matter how many times I sprinkle this on, my skin NEVER looks cakey. I love how it lets my skin shine through.

on 11/2/2002 8:06:00 AM

Another powder-hater converted by Becca's Loose Finishing Powder. I wear it in Sesame and love the subtle glow that it gives. It is *much* less glittery than Px Magic Powder, which looks ridiculous on me.
I mainly use Becca's loose powder to set concealer - I use a fluffy e/s brush and only apply it where I need it - but I have also worn it on my full face with only concealer under it. Either way it blends into my skin wonderfully and does not look at all powdery.
The packaging is a pain. I wish I hadn't taken part of the sticker off, because these days I usually take the plastic sifter piece right off and use the powder that is on the under side of it, rather than shaking any powder onto the inside of the lid. continued >>

on 10/29/2002 8:18:00 PM

FANTASTIC powder, allows you to remain dewy faced or give a matte finish depending on how you put it on. Feels beautiful on!

on 10/16/2002 12:56:00 PM

Very silky, finely milled loose powder that 'sets' your makeup with no trace of powderiness at all. Less oil control than Le Clerc, but Le Clerc, IMHO, does look a tad more powdery. Immediately upon application of Becca loose powder, your skin will look a little matte but give it a few minutes and it's as if the powder disappeared, just leaving you a soft glow that's the perfect balance between dewy and 'finished'. When using LSC, stick foundation (as concealer) and the loose powder, there's no bad skin day I can't conquer :). I've only received a sample and initially I thought I wanted to finish my Le Clerc first but I think I might buy this very soon!

Recommended for Normal Skin