October 23, 2014 | 958 users online

Crème - Becca - Stick Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2003 10:00:00 AM More reviews by vrouw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate wearing foundation, but I love wearing the Becca FS :) When I first got a sample of it, it was *awful* but then again I was applying it with my fingers and wasn't wearing a primer. Then I got a MUA to apply it and she put on some primer first and applied the SF with a Becca foundation brush, and it looked awesome. I have dry skin so I definitely don't get a greasy looking oil slick from this product. I wear a primer first, then do a few strokes here and there and work quickly with my brush. I find the brush is what gives me the "flawless" look, there's no way I could ever apply this with my fingers and get good coverage. I wear this on my forehead, nose, chin and cheeks but nowhere near the eyes, and people comment on how natural looking my makeup is. This means *alot* to me because I am soooo paranoid about foundation lines or not blending! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2003 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Honeyblonde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Want a foundation stick that wears incredibly well? One that applies like a dream, and looks like a mirage? This is like designer clothes for your face. Silkifies your skin, while secreting away tiny imperfections. It's also great as a neutralizing base on my pigmented lips, making my lipstick go the extra mile. You gotta try this stuff.... for impeccable, Becca-ble skin!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2003 3:43:00 AM More reviews by luckygirl507

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to Becca barefaced and the MA put this on me with their foundation brush. Everything looked ok under the bright lights, but when I walked out and looked into a mirror under natural light, yikes! The foundation was just kind of sitting there. I thought it needed to sink in so I shopped around for a bit and went home. It had not sunken in yet my face now looked like an oil slick! Is that even possible?? I will be returning this tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jalin

I liked this better than the LSC. Latte was a fairly good match for me, it lasted all day, didn't smell objectionable, didn't cause any reactions...but I don't feel comfortable buying things sight unseen. I prefer to visit the counter and make sure I am picking the right color, especially with a line like Becca where there are SO many options. I've heard it is becoming available in some Nordstrom stores, hopefully mine will join the bandwagon! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2003 5:38:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What is it with Becca and oil-based products? Like the LSC, this one turns your face into an instant oil slick and I don't even have a problem with oily skin! If you want the natural look, this is also not the product for you. It's definitely not sheer - it feels thick and greasy going on and made me break out big time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by LizaC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, what can I say...I'm a huge fan of the Becca line and I'm alway pleasantly surprised at how wonderful her products are. I was lucky enough to be in NYC recently and had the pleasure of a makeup application by Lola at the Becca counter at Bergdorf. I purchased the Macadamia FS and I'm delighted to report it's a perfect match for me and I love it's texture, staying power and coverage. I did notice that this particular stick is slight smaller than the one I purchase last Summer though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2003 9:20:00 PM More reviews by tnfrench

OK, I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but I think this may be my HG foundation!!! I got this in Praline, wondering if it might be too yellow for me, but (and this might sound silly) my skin actually looks YOUNGER when I wear this! I tried it both with a damp and a dry foundation brush, and the results were a very sheer, dewy look (I only apply to cheeks, nose, forehead and chin) that blended EXTREMELY well and felt great! I do have dry skin, and this did very well--no lines, flakies, or greasies either. I'm stunned, b/c stickies have always been way too heavy for me, but this coverage is PERFECT. Very natural, hubby didn't even know I had it on =). And I ADORE the smell. The finish was so nice I didn't even need powder OR my CD Luminizer. SOOO glad I decided to try this--don't be afraid of the stick, girls! It's like no other.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 2:02:00 PM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has sheer to medium coverage and can be manipulated to create a smooth, dewy, porcelain finish. As you apply it, it does feel rather greasy, but at the same time, it feels kind of sticky, so it's not the type of stick foundation to slide around all over the place. It sticks to the skin very well. It also seems less creasy than BB. This would make a good concealer, but I would hesitate to put this all over your face unless you have dry skin. If you do have dry skin, this is a godsend because the formulation is great, it's convenient and moisturizing, and the color selection is very good. I still prefer the finish of Mac Studiotech though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2003 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I have already reviewed this- this is more like a comment -
I read all the nagative reviews from some people about how it made their skin look really oily and stuff- well this foundation is NOT meant for oily skins. Although it might say suitable for all it really is NOT! Fair enough if it accents your dry flakes, then again I would guess most foundations would do that. Oily skins stay away from that unless you live in a cold climate! It really does give u this nice dewy look and u can easily build coverage from light to medium. It stays looking natural. Because it gives u a dewy look and thats is what u want if u buy this foundation, there is no use using loads of powder to matify it, because why not buy a matifying foundation straight away??!! It is great for normal and dry skinned people and probably combo skins too. I dont understand all the negative reviews, because that would be like me trying on an oil-free matifying foundation which is really meant for the oiliest of skins and then hating the unnatral, too dry, matte cakey look it gives me and then writng a negative review about it, whereas an oily person might really love this stuff!!! This was really not meant as an offence to anyone in particular - this is just my observation.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2003 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Pauloy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know if I just got the wrong colors, but after 6 or 7 samples of colors, I finally deduced that this product didn't look all that natural or like you didn't have anything on. I would either look too sallow or too tanned with all the different colors I experimented with. It was obvious my face was covered with something and it certainly did not look like what Becca claimed it would do for my skin (the no make up make up look).