October 20, 2014 | 1965 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rumtintin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I wear it over my liquid foundation as a finishing powder, and it looks great. It's easy to apply and never looks cakey.

Whenever I don't feel like looking overly done up, I'll wear this just over my moisturizer and Smashbox primer. It looks nice and fresh. I normally use a kabuki brush but sometimes when that's being washed, I can use my MAC 190 flat foundation brush, and it works fine with that brush too. The product is sheer but it is buildable. Which is why I think you can get away with wearing this without liquid foundation. I definitely don't have perfect skin but this just makes my skin tone more even.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin with a few dry spots and I bought this because my Studio Fix powder was too thick and powdery looking on my skin. This is a very close match to my skin tone and I use it over my tinted moisturizer. It does give the skin a natural finish with a glow, too sheer to use alone but I do have to blot a couple times a day. I bought this in preparation for the fall/winter because mineralized makeup is amazing on my skin in the dull winter time.
***Update*** I had to return this because it's going unused because of the oil slick it creates a couple of hours later. Just got Mac Pro Longwear Foundation and the coverage is so perfect I don't need any powder on top!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by melodyylai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good Powder. It's sheer coverage, but it's definitely buildable so that a heavier coverage can be applied. Medium Plus is no longer my color, as it makes me a bit orange. But, this is a good powder to have if you want to have that no makeup look or makeup with very little actually on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by iceburger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

FOR REFERENCE: I have warm medium skin tone with olive/yellow undertones. MMM/GGG, NC30-35, Diorskin Nude 031, Armani Luminous Silk 6, MAC Face and Body C3. I got this in Medium Plus and it's a decent match but a tad too pink. I have acne-prone combo-oily skin, with mild acne and scarring.

GENERAL COMMENT: If you're an anti-powdery-matte look girl who likes to look natural, yet polished, glowy and flawless then this is the perfect powder for you. I loathe the powdery look that I get from most powders and I am very picky when it comes to the finish of my face makeup. If I like this, then all you anti-powdery-look girls may also love this.

PACKAGING: The packaging is the same as MAC's MSFs; itís a black compact with a transparent lid that has text on it. I think pictures describe this pretty well. This doesn't come with a mirror or puff/sponge, but I'm fine with that since I prefer using brushes for my makeup.
TEXTURE: Itís a pressed powder that is very finely milled. It feels so silky smooth on my skin. I would say that itís a rather 'creamy' powder if you get what I mean - not chalky or coarse at all.
COVERAGE: This is meant to be a setting powder so don't expect it to have the coverage of a powder foundation. I find that it gives sheer coverage that can be built up to light coverage and although sheer, itís definitely not transparent. I use it to set my foundation and it evens everything out more with the extra coverage and soft focus finish.
FINISH: This is, in my opinion, the selling point of this powder. Itís amazingly beautiful and absolutely flawless. It looks very natural on me. Its not powdery matte and nor does it feel like that, but it's not dewy/shiny/oily looking either. It's a nice satin, semi-matte finish that makes your skin look porcelain smooth and glowy. I couldn't stop touching my face because it felt so nice. I have not experienced any cakey-ness, but I haven't tried to pack it on either so I don't know if it does get cakey from building up. I've only used 2 layers at max and there were no signs of caky-ness. I've tested this in several different lightings and it performed well in all of them especially in natural light. I always go right up to the mirror because I'm very OCD about my face looking cakey, and this stuff passes the test.
LASTING POWER/OIL CONTROL: Pretty darn good. Usually I would get shine within an hour from Maybelline Dream Matte which is highly praised here but I personally dislike almost everything about it. With this, my makeup still looks flawless six hours later. I still get shiny but the powder doesn't become patchy or cakey.
PRICE: I got it for AU$46 (US$42).

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Khristine

This review is actually for the MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Medium (not Medium Plus)

I have been using this to set my foundation, and also use it alone (on top of concealer).. and it gives my skin a nice natural and flawless finish. for the price it's not that bad and it's easy to use. it's not loose (if it was i think i'd just make a big mess)..

it doesn't oxidize on my skin or make anything dry or cakey. it feels light on my skin. i think the difference between this product and for example a pressed powder/sheer pressed powder is just the way it was made.. or in this case, baked. makes it a lot more natural on the skin.. other products/powders tend to look cakey or just powdery feeling to it..

so i really do like this product.. only downfall for me maybe because i'm just oily, but the lasting power isn't as good as i'd like - but nonetheless couldn't see myself without this product! :) love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I like this product... it looks so plain in the packaging but really gives the "skin finish." It does not look like powder sitting on the skin. There's no shimmer so it can be used all over the face. I have this product in "Medium Dark" or something like that, and I use it over my sunscreen. It doesn't have much coverage, but it's not meant to. I use it to set my makeup if I'm wearing a liquid foundation (which is rare) or to give myself a teensy tiny bit of coverage to even my skin tone out. It hasn't broken me out and I have quite sensitive skin. I wouldn't recommend buying this if the price is too steep... I happened to have a gift card so I didn't have to break the bank. Overall I like the finish this product gives my skin. I would probably purchase it again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by apk2

I was really skeptical about this product when I saw it cause I haven't had much luck with mineralized foundations but I saw all the raves on this on youtube so I decided to go the the mac counter and take a look. I talk to one of the girls there a lot cause I go there so often we've gotten to really know each other and she told me that this product is amazing and is one of the products that don't break her out. So I told her I wanted to try it and she recommended medium plus for me. When I swatched it, it felt kind of chalky and I thought it'd be cakey on my face. But MAC has an amazing return policy so I went ahead and got it. I put it on top of a tinted moisturizer and It gives the most natural finish ever! It's not powdery or anything and kind of mimics the skin's texture. I really like it and I don't use a lot of it at once so I know it'll most likely last me for quite a while. Hopefully I can still use this colour in the winter time when I'm not so tanned.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Swoop

A mua recommended this to me and I was a bit scared that this would be a bit dark on me. But when she applied it, it was really great, it has such a pretty natural finish and the colour is perfect, really really perfect!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by halloweenhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

after reading all these great reviews i bought this in january? i was so excited to use it. but then when i DID use it, it broke me out really badly. unfortunately i do not reccomend this for sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by LuvRin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got this in medium dark and I find it's a bit too dark for my nc40 skin. It looks ok over liquid foundation or alone but I find I look a bit greasy after a few hours and need to blot heaps. I don't wear this too often as the colour is not quite right for me but I will try to use it up. Maybe in summer I'll get more use out of it. It's an ok product for me, nothing special.