July 28, 2014 | 1056 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by TheAmeliix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

CASTOR OIL. AMAZING STUFF.
Background on me: I've been naturally blessed with short, thin/sparse, Asian eyelashes. :P
Since I've started to apply castor oil for a month now, my lashes have grown noticebly longer and my eyebrows have grown darker. My mom was surprised when she noticed how dark my eyebrows had gotten that she immediately started to follow in my footsteps and started applying castor oil to her eyelashes as well at night.
AS A BONUS, I've noticed that this oil has been helping with my dark circles! During the night, the oil will run and cover them, and in the morning my normally super dark dark circles are gone! My mom noticed and told me. I went online and searched about castor oil being one of the benefits of under eye circles, and it does help to diminish them! I honestly didn't know this at first! I paid about $3 here in Canada for a 100 mL bottle, but it's been lasting me AND my mom for so long and it's friggin dirt cheap! =)
I've also tried using this to grow my hairline. Many claim that it works, and I'm sure it does, seeing new hair growth above my lashline, which were never there before. I will update on the hairline growth soon.
I don't need to wear mascara now! Before, mascara was a staple (HG Maybelline One by One Waterproof) in my everyday makeup, since my lashes were barely there. Now they are pretty long and noticible and I'm able to skip mascara. I believe that alot of the eyelash growth serums now on the market are a scam (not saying they all are) because once you stop buying that serum, your lashes may fall out. And honestly they are usually soooo expensive to keep up with, and castor oil is a guaranteed cheap safe alternative. I also plan to continue applying castor oil to them until they reach their longest peak. I want to thank all the ladies here on MUA for writing their brilliant reviews, which urged me to try castor oil to multi-purposes. I'm glad that my first review was written about this. TRY CASTOR OIL. JUST DO IT. YOU WON'T REGRET. =))

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by EmilyStyles

Seriously , i will not be using this again because if i do , i have to pluck my eyebrows almost everyday ! + Using it fr eyelashes though x Amazing

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The jury is still out on whether or not this will make my eyelashes fuller/thicker, as I've only been using this for 1 week. I have not noticed any difference to my extremely short, thin, straight eyelashes. I'll edit the post later on . . . I've read so many positive reviews on how castor oil aids in growing longer and thicker eyelashes, so I'm really hoping this will work!
I have been using castor oil (Heritage Brand- hexane free) nightly on my neck, chest, knees, backs of hands, eyelashes, and the few small sun-spots on my face. No lightening as of yet with the sun-spots, but once again I've only been using this for a week. No fading of fine lines yet . . . Again, I've read the 'glowing' reviews on how castor oil fades sun-spots and diminishes fine lines. I've noticed that my upper chest and the backs of my hands are beginning to look a bit crepey and the tops of my knees are getting lines/saggy! Uggg! So, again I'm hoping that the castor oil will aid in diminishing these issues. We will see!
This does make my skin soft and supple, however.
I have found a great immediate use for this! I use a very small drop in my palm (put the castor oil in an empty L'Oreal glossing serum bottle) and run it very lightly over my dry curly/wavy hair to tame the frizz and it works better than any of the glossing serum that I have used to date!
Probably would not be good for fine hair and one should keep the product away from the roots. Somehow it makes my hair feel thicker, but eliminates the frizzies so the curl/wave is more defined.
**EDIT** I had to use the castor oil for a few months before I started noticing a difference in lash growth. And it appeared like my lashes just all of a sudden grew! They were definitely longer and a bit thicker. I could actually curl them and not use mascara, which is a 1st for me. But when I stopped using the castor oil, my lashes stopped growing immediately. I'm going to try it again. Especially since half my lashes on my right eye fell out from using Maybelline Illegal Fiber Lash mascara :-( !!! I did not notice any fading of the sun-spots on my face, nor a reduction to any lines on my face or body.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Mya3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Castor Oil on my eyebrows for about 2 weeks now (I have skipped some days), I apply it on my eyebrows with a cotton bud just before I go to sleep. I regret not taking a before photo because I was not sure that this would really work therefore I didn't bother to take one! My eyebrows are now fuller than ever, I have had patchy brows since years which have now filled up with hair, I also had a patch where hair would never grow but I can see a few strands of dark hair on that area so I can honestly say that I am overwhelmed!!! I also use the oil mixed with coconut oil on my scalp and the immediate effects were very good as people asked me if I had just dyed my hair as my hair did not look its normal dull self! The only downside is that this oil does not soften my hair as other oils would therefore I would recommend mixing this oil with another oil for the softness!

I am going to start apply the oil with a mascara wand to my lashes too

The only downside is that this oil is very thick in consistency therefore when apply to eyelashes be very careful not to get it into your eyes!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by tiredofbs

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Used castor oil for a month on brows & lashes. All I got was breakouts and milia. No hair growth at all.

And before you ask, I was very careful with application. I used a eyeliner brush that was designated for this specific purpose and cleaned it after each use.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised that it actually works. I've been using it for over a month, and my lashes haven't looked this great!

As recommended by my fellow MUA-ers, I use a sample mascara blush I picked up from MAC counter (for free :), and apply the oil to my lashes morning and night.

TIP: Apply on the upper lashes only, then gently close your eyes and the oil will just hit the lower lashes and drip down to the roots.

I used to have long lashes (although most of them point down :), but after having a baby my lashes started to fall off. Castor oil allows lashes to grow stronger; therefore they don't fall off and grow longer and fuller. I started seeing results on week 3.

I don't know if it will work for people who have short and thin lashes to begin with, but it's worth a try since it's only $6 for 5 ml. and that will last you FOREVER!

I haven't tried those eyelash serums, and those might work faster and more effective, but castor oil is natural with no side effects and cheaper. I would give this a try first.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

Applying my usual mascara Bobbi Brown everything, I'm thinking that this is going on really well today since my lashes are looking very long. Then I realize that it is my lashes not the mascara. I've been using castor oil for 2 weeks not expecting anything and certainly not within the space of 2 weeks but it is TRUE so TRUE that they are longer. Why compromise your health with latisse when this healthy alternative will do the job. I am also applying it to my brows and I can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by lacysilk29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is honestly such a great product. I've used to for my eyelashes, eyebrows, hair, and hairline. I have very thick hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows but I figure since I bought it as a hot oil treatment I could use it for other things. What I do is get an old mascara wand and run it over my eyelashes and eyebrows. After my pregnancy my hairline became thinner, due to hormones, so this definitely has helped. I noticed results within a couple days. My eyelashes were longer, darker, and thicker looking. I even notice new hair growing and I've only been using it for three days!! My complaints are that when you apply it to your eyelashes it remains all day. Literally hours later and it'll still be there. It's also pretty thick and isn't my absolute favorite for skin moisturizing (that award goes to coconut oil). Overall this is an amazing natural product that I fell in love with and felt the need to write a (lengthy) review about. haha. So if you want your hair to be thicker and longer this is amazing!! =)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by nawalasif9

AMAAAAAAAZING.
I had like reaaaaallly thin brows - i consistently used this for everynight for 2 months and WOW. i have nice thick brows! ;)

I have a little gap where i overplucked by accident, and so im using it again - i used it yesterday first time - and ill let you know how it goes! :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is thin, patchy, slow growing hair's best friend. I make most of my own products and this is a great one for my hair products. I use this along with jojoba oil and a blend of essential oils in my scalp elixir which I use once or twice a week as a pre-shampoo treatment to keep my scalp clean. Then I also use it in a half and half mix with avocado oil as a nightly brow and lash moisturizer. I just take an old mascara bottle, pull out the top part that takes off any extra mascara, and clean the wand, stopper, and bottle with makeup remover, then regular soap. I put in the oil mix, put the stopper back in, and voila! You never get spills, it's easy to apply, and you're making use of trash! I also use this as a makeup remover. I normally use coconut oil if I don't have a ton of makeup on, but if I have a very thick face of paint on, the oil cleansing method works great (although I still always use Bioderama Sensibio on my eyes). I my mix is castor oil and sunflower oil (which I also use as a body moisturizer). The general ratio is 30% castor oil for oily skin, 20% for normal skin, and 10% for dry skin. I have normal (slightly drier skin) so I use 3/4 cup and 2 tbsp of Sunflower Oil with 2 tbsp Castor Oil. I rub it onto dry skin, massage for at least 1 minutes, hold a warm, damp washcloth over my face for a few seconds then wipe off the oil. I usually re-wipe with the washcloth 2 times, then I continue with my cleanser. With all the ways that you can use castor oil, I would definitely recommend it.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No