Kiss Me HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

4.3

on 10/11/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Had to rewrite this review after my ordeal with this mascara.

First of all, beware of fakes of this on ebay. I received my very first one from ebay and it was a fake. Since I didn't have a real one to compare it to, I didn't know it was fake. I did nothing special for my lashes at all, and I was expecting magical curling powers since this is one of the things it's best known for. My lashes fell flat immediately. I was so disappointed because I read all the great reviews and was actually almost happy to find it was a fake since I knew there was a better mascara out there that could still possibly hold my curl! You can Google for comparisons in the wand and tube between the fake and real. I finally ordered a real one from a reputable seller online (not ebay).

And WOW! So glad I kept my faith in this mascara because it curls like no other! I think that is this mascara's strongest point. Although I am Asian, I do have fairly long lashes, though they stick straight down and NOTHING has ever been able to curl them before. After curling with the Shiseido curler and applying this mascara, my lashes stay curled ALL day. And waterproof it is! Like all other reviewers have noted, it is almost so waterproof that it's an annoyance! I can only use Ponds Cold Cream on this and after a little rubbing and wiping off with some tissue or a towel, it comes off perfectly. Totally worth it when it comes its curling powers for me! I hope they never discontinue it, because what other mascara will I use?!

on 10/3/2010 6:03:00 AM

Best mascara ever!!! I would always have to put on mascara base from Shiseido whenever I want to keep the curl on my lashes... however, with this mascara, I don't even need mascara base. My lashes stay curled ALL day long, even after I take a nap! It also doesn't smudge and it's so easily to apply on. Yes, it is difficult to take off but I find that a little olive oil and rinsing with water does the trick. :) Definitely going to buy more of this after I run out.

The only con about this product is that it has a weird strong bitter smell to it. I really don't like the smell but if it's not too close to my nose it's fine

on 9/23/2010 4:36:00 PM

Great mascara! It lengthens and curls my lashes better than any other I've used. I found this on eBay and the price isn't too bad- about 10.00 with shipping. It is hard to wash off, but that also lends to its superior staying power. Usually my mascara wears off in a few hours, and I end up with flakes or smudges around my eye. Not so with this mascara, it stays put without flakes, smudges or smears. I have recommended this to all my friends.

on 9/18/2010 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! This is my new HG mascara! OK, I only gave it 4 lippies cause it's impossible to get off. I just bought the Heroine mascara remover, so we'll see how that helps, but you know what? I don't care! This stuff does everything. I lengthens, thickens and doesn't smudge or flake. It's worth it to have to work at removing it just because it is so fantastic when it's on. I'v never put mascara on my lower lashes because by the end of the day I have raccoon eyes, but this mascara doesn't move! I look just as good in the afternoon as I did when I left the house in the morning. If you don't mind the struggle to get it off, go to ebay and buy it now! I paid less than $10 for mine and I just bought two more for less than $8 each.

on 9/18/2010 1:36:00 AM

Best mascara I have ever tried and I've tried "the best." At the price there is really nothing to lose. I was prepared for disappointment because of the more popular products I had been using. WOW!
The staying power is great! I forgot to take it off one night and there were no smears. My eyes still looked good and the curl stayed! I've had no problem removing the mascara either. Just a couple swipes.
Keeps curl - stays put when you want it too. I LOVE IT!

on 9/15/2010 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received this in a swap, as it is very difficult to get a hold of in the continental U.S.. The brush is curved, which is fine, I have no preference for brush shape, only brush material. It is a traditional mascara brush, not a silicone/rubber brush. The formula is thin and does not clump. It lengthens well, and it does hold a curl. It does not thicken much, but it does separate the lashes well.

The most remarkable thing about this mascara is the staying power. It is nothing short of incredible. It is stronger than waterproof mascaras, and quite frankly, is a real pain to remove if you don't use the specific Kiss Me remover that is made for this mascara. It doesn't flake, smudge, smear, or move from your lashes until you very deliberately take it off.

I will use this when I need mascara with unusually high staying power, but not for day to day use, as it is simply too difficult to remove. Might repurchase, if I could also get the remover to go with it.

on 8/28/2010 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Wow guys, you weren't kidding when you said it does NOT come off! That's actually the reason I bought this, one for me and one for my mom. We both like it a lot. It's very wet, which I normally don't like, but it still does what I want. It takes a lot of brushing through for me, in order to seperate my lashes and give them that extreme length. It's not clumpy, just goopy, so you'll need to work with it. I already have long lashes but this made them go PAST my eyebrows. It was actually a little annoying because they were getting tangled in my bangs and brows. But amazingly, it didn't flake! Didn't smudge! Didn't come off when I washed my face! I was expecting it to at least get a little spider lashy after getting all wet, but they just fanned right out again! I'm really happy with this. I had stopped wearing mascara because they all left black flakes on my face, which would melt into my foundation and be impossible to clean up without doing my face over. Now I don't need to worry. And my mom likes it because now she can run out of the house early in the morning and still have mascara on from the day before! I'm buying a tube for my sister to see if she likes it when she goes scuba diving. Payed 23$ for two on ebay. A+

on 8/18/2010 3:44:00 PM

this mascara is the best! i read the reviews and bought 2 tubes on ebay for 12$ this mascara stayed on all day even with me rubbing my eyes and washing my face! it really is waterproof! my lashes stayed curled throughout the day and night! (i didnt take it off because i wanted to see how good it was!)
the only problem i had with it is i got a tiny drop on my eyeshadow and it wouldnt come off (prob because i was just using water and not makeup remover) its a great product!!!

on 8/12/2010 5:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My lashes stayed curled the whole day!! love this product, seperates lashes but not much volumizing power as it is just meant to make your lashes 'long and curl'. overall a good product, smudges a lil bit with my oily lids. No problem removing this product with Shiseido's The Skincare makeup remover. Highly recommend this product.

on 7/29/2010 1:36:00 AM

This has a great application wand-- doesn't flake, doesn't smudge, doesn't clump :)

In Korea, this sells for approximately 25 100 Won in South Korea, which is about $22.00 CAD.

But I got mine online for like $3.00 hehe :)

The Heroine Make Volume and Curl is a LOT better though.
This is also RIDICULOUSLY hard to get off, so make sure you get the Heroine Make makeup remover as well. I just use baby wipes because the makeup remover is crazy expensive.

Would defs buy again, once I finish the rest of my 18 or so mascaras...

Top Rated Kiss Me Products