October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by winterysummerday

I am really afraid of trying new mascaras as they generally smudge on my oily lids after 1 hour or so, leaving me with embarassing panda eyes. I thought I had my HG in Deja Vu's fibrewig which I was loyal to for more than 5 years (no smudging with those!), but after knowing that this is ranked #1, I couldn't resist buying it.

I was so excited the first time I tried it - my short and straight Asian lashes are transformed! I couldn't help smiling whenever I saw my own reflection - long curly eyelashes!

The best part is that this does not smudge!! And I must say that if mascaras stay put on me, then they are guaranteed to stay put on anybody. I bought this for SGD21.90 (about USD16), not a bad price for such a good mascara.

On the downside, compared to deja vu, this is tad too difficult to remove. Even after using the brand's mascara removal with my oil cleanser, there is still a trace of black under my eyes after I bathe. Maybe there is something wrong with my removal technique?

Perhaps I might keep this for occasions when I feel the need to dress up. It is too much of a hassle for daily use, considering the removal process. That's 2 HGs of mascaras for me now ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by yuphehe

This is generally a good product. It definitely gives some length and keeps the curl well. The not-so-perfect score is because this product does not give much volume (not that its supposed to) and if you are not careful it does clump. It give a somewhat dramatic effect, but unlike my favorite Shu Uemura Mascara, this dramatic effect looks very unnatural, you definitely look like you have a lot of mascara on. I think if it provided some volume as well, the odd sparsely spread strands of long lashes won't look so odd.
The staying power of this mascara is very good, I fell asleep with it on, and I did not have spidery eyes in the morning. Overall a good product, but not one that would replace my current favorites. The price is also not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by rosewitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!!!
I have straight asian lashes and top it off with lashes that cannot hold any weight..
the main concern when I buy mascara is hold the curl since my lashes have quite decent length and not too pathetic volume
So from the time I first apply makeup I was on the hunt for mascara which hold curl...YSL, Chanel, Estee Lauder, Laura Mercier, Nars, Clinique, MAC, Sisley, Lancome, Bobbi Brown and almost every drug strore brand you can think so and even some mascaras I found on internets...
The first mascara I found was from Shu Uemura basic mascara - it holds the curl really well but true to its name gives really basic natural look so I tried other mascaras from the same brand I will not say I am loving them even though they do hold the curl well
Then I came across this mascara review..well I am totally curious to try...lucky I did
this is my HG mascara ( another is shiseido majolica mascara)
-the brush..it is cured so very easy to apply and separate really well
-formula- not too thick so easy to apply and doesn't clump up and the brush also helps in eliminating the clump
-finish - holds the curl really well and after 2 coats my lashes are WOW...it gives a bit of volume to my lashes after 2 to 3 coats but length wise I will not say it is dramatically different maybe since my lashes are already long enough so I don't really see the diff..maybe a bit
-staying powder- last whole day..I do not experience smudging or flaking
I do not have the problem taking it off...I use oil makeup remover ( Shu Uemura oil remover) or Excel mascara remover ( comes in a tube like a mascara,.that is really amazing mascara remover!!!)so it is easy to take off for me

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by soila

I finally found a remover that works to take this off. Previously, I used a japan made remover that came in a pink mascara-looking tube, it even had a wand to put it on. You would leave it on for about 10 minutes then wipe off, but the new L'oreal green eye makeup remover works well. I love this mascara because it makes me look like I have fake lashes and stays on with very minimal smudging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Fabulous. It lengthens, holds a curl, and volumizes.
HOWEVER.. It is the hardest thing to remove other than Majolica mascara!

If anyone can recommend a fabulous remover, please do!
(I use the Neutrogena Oil-free makeup remover) <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It makes all the "top mascaras" look silly, IMO. Lengthens my short Asian lashes like crazy, never ever smudges, never clumps despite many applications, and rinses off easily with a good eye makeup remover (I use Clinique Take the Day Off) - YES you will need an oil-based eye makeup remover, don't be lazy ladies. The long, all-day curly lashes you'll get are more than worth it. I buy it for $18 at a Japanese grocery store, but I wish I could find it more easily and for cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by yolp1945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara....
Well, this, and Kiss Me's Volume & Curl Mascara
you can actually tell the diff between these two mascaras. The long & curl makes my short, straight Asian lashes visibly longer, and the curl lasts ALL DAY (I have to use a lash curler first, though) The mascara itself feels light and clean. A result of this, however, is that it doesn't do much for volume. You're not going to get those thick fans as in the advertisements. All in all, however, if you're going for a simple & clean day look, neutral colors and this mascara should make your eyes pop remarkably.

The volume & curl mascara, similarly, delivers great volume, though lenght-wise it doesn't compare to the long & curl version. You could use both together, perhaps, as I sometimes do. But in general I tend to use them separately.

Oh, Kiss Me's mascaras do not flake either. The lasting power is AMAZING and goes through sweat, tears, and water....which makes it a little difficult to wash off. I usually use DHC's oil remover or Chanel's eye makeup remover.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by elliesky

this is my other HG on par with lash expander from majorca majolica, this is a great alternative when you only want length. pair it with cover girl's lash blast for extra volume to smudge at the roots.

edit: I found that you can REALLY layer this baby on for the most amazing volume! Check out the mega photo of my eye above, haha! That was after 4 layers + heated eye curler. My mom thought I had fake lashes on. That makes it all worth it :) Oh and they have their own brand of remover wand especially designed for this mascara. It makes removing ANY mascara a total breeze. I wipe it off with any moisturizing makeup wipes and voila! Perfectly clean. The most amazing thing is that my lashes still hold their curl even without that mascara. Totally unheard of in the past. I'm so proud of my baby!

edit x2: just wanted to tell everyone that this mascara is great when paired with the majorca majolica lash expander on top because the fibers from Kissme builds a wonderful volume base for the lash expander to extend its length on. SALE ALERT!!! I am in no way affiliated with this seller/website whatsoever, but I would like to share with those interested that www.adambeauty.com is having a special on the limited edition set of mascara + remover. Go check it out because the price works out so that you practically get the remover for free :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by vagabondking

this mascara holds the curl really well and lasts for a long time with no smudges, however, i find that it isn't really that great when it comes to lengthening, despite the name. i do prefer this brush over the volume one though, and for its cost, it's a good buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

I bought this & the volume version from ebay. They definitely hold curl. I tried it with Kanebo Kate primer and without and they both held the curl very well. I have short, sparse Asian lashes and all mascaras make my lashes drop no matter how well I curl them before unless I use the Shiseido or Kanebo primer.

Now, this hold curl extremely well, but it doesn't really coat the lashes thickly. The curved brush is good, it's short so it is easy to get all of the lashes, but the coating is very thin and you can't really layer it because it dries brittle.

I will use this one until gone as a base for other mascaras for the curl, but by itself, its not making my lashes lush enough.