September 17, 2014 | 2014 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by soila

I finally found a remover that works to take this off. Previously, I used a japan made remover that came in a pink mascara-looking tube, it even had a wand to put it on. You would leave it on for about 10 minutes then wipe off, but the new L'oreal green eye makeup remover works well. I love this mascara because it makes me look like I have fake lashes and stays on with very minimal smudging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Fabulous. It lengthens, holds a curl, and volumizes.
HOWEVER.. It is the hardest thing to remove other than Majolica mascara!

If anyone can recommend a fabulous remover, please do!
(I use the Neutrogena Oil-free makeup remover) <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It makes all the "top mascaras" look silly, IMO. Lengthens my short Asian lashes like crazy, never ever smudges, never clumps despite many applications, and rinses off easily with a good eye makeup remover (I use Clinique Take the Day Off) - YES you will need an oil-based eye makeup remover, don't be lazy ladies. The long, all-day curly lashes you'll get are more than worth it. I buy it for $18 at a Japanese grocery store, but I wish I could find it more easily and for cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by yolp1945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara....
Well, this, and Kiss Me's Volume & Curl Mascara
you can actually tell the diff between these two mascaras. The long & curl makes my short, straight Asian lashes visibly longer, and the curl lasts ALL DAY (I have to use a lash curler first, though) The mascara itself feels light and clean. A result of this, however, is that it doesn't do much for volume. You're not going to get those thick fans as in the advertisements. All in all, however, if you're going for a simple & clean day look, neutral colors and this mascara should make your eyes pop remarkably.

The volume & curl mascara, similarly, delivers great volume, though lenght-wise it doesn't compare to the long & curl version. You could use both together, perhaps, as I sometimes do. But in general I tend to use them separately.

Oh, Kiss Me's mascaras do not flake either. The lasting power is AMAZING and goes through sweat, tears, and water....which makes it a little difficult to wash off. I usually use DHC's oil remover or Chanel's eye makeup remover.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by elliesky

this is my other HG on par with lash expander from majorca majolica, this is a great alternative when you only want length. pair it with cover girl's lash blast for extra volume to smudge at the roots.

edit: I found that you can REALLY layer this baby on for the most amazing volume! Check out the mega photo of my eye above, haha! That was after 4 layers + heated eye curler. My mom thought I had fake lashes on. That makes it all worth it :) Oh and they have their own brand of remover wand especially designed for this mascara. It makes removing ANY mascara a total breeze. I wipe it off with any moisturizing makeup wipes and voila! Perfectly clean. The most amazing thing is that my lashes still hold their curl even without that mascara. Totally unheard of in the past. I'm so proud of my baby!

edit x2: just wanted to tell everyone that this mascara is great when paired with the majorca majolica lash expander on top because the fibers from Kissme builds a wonderful volume base for the lash expander to extend its length on. SALE ALERT!!! I am in no way affiliated with this seller/website whatsoever, but I would like to share with those interested that www.adambeauty.com is having a special on the limited edition set of mascara + remover. Go check it out because the price works out so that you practically get the remover for free :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by vagabondking

this mascara holds the curl really well and lasts for a long time with no smudges, however, i find that it isn't really that great when it comes to lengthening, despite the name. i do prefer this brush over the volume one though, and for its cost, it's a good buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

I bought this & the volume version from ebay. They definitely hold curl. I tried it with Kanebo Kate primer and without and they both held the curl very well. I have short, sparse Asian lashes and all mascaras make my lashes drop no matter how well I curl them before unless I use the Shiseido or Kanebo primer.

Now, this hold curl extremely well, but it doesn't really coat the lashes thickly. The curved brush is good, it's short so it is easy to get all of the lashes, but the coating is very thin and you can't really layer it because it dries brittle.

I will use this one until gone as a base for other mascaras for the curl, but by itself, its not making my lashes lush enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by wan_pipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

the only one keeps me purchase! really water-proof, never smudge on my eyes! long enough but you may need a lash comb to separate the lashes! good quality+cheap

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by mango65

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is currently the no.1 mascara on cosme.net, the Japanese equivalent of MUA. This stuff works wonders for my obnoxious stick-straight Asian lashes. They're actually visible from the front for once, lol. It holds curls very well (best I've tried), lengthening effect is moderate. Doesn't smudge or leave flakes behind like MAC and benefit mascaras do. Doesn't weigh lashes down like loreal ones do. Like what everyone has mentioned, it's quite difficult to remove. I rubbed a gel-based remover into my lashes, took about 1 minute to remove the "lash tubes" completely. Price is very reasonable, 1050 yen (US$10) for a tube. Packaging is plain and a little tacky. From MUA reviews it seems like people with stick-straight lashes like this product a lot more than people with normal lashes. I guess we appreciate the industrial strength curl-holding power, which doesn't matter as much to normal lashes.

UPDATE: I'm using it with shiseido's eyelash curler, it's MAGIC :) My lashes normally point down, now they stay at 80 degrees for hours. They look exactly like the lashes of models in Japanese magazines (CanCam, Non-no, ViVi) Pretty amazing by my standards.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've removed 80 year old lead paint from my door trimmings faster than I can remove this stuff. I actually went out and bought a strong Japanese brand eye make up remover because I couldn't get it off and I panicked. Does a really nice job of lengthening my lashes and gives a little bit of curl, and I can certainly say that it lasts and lasts. So it effectively does what it says it would. But...would I repurchase? No - for I despise the brush shape. I find the curve unnecessary and it skips my outer lashes too much. Plus there's too much else out there to try!